The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

I want a tweek so my guile suite absorbs local camoflage.

Comment

Actually realistic...

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Freedom
        Actually realistic...
        Some of our websites are currently re-directed due to server maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Comment

ARMA2 is off topic and on top of that, mostly unplayable because it's incredibly buggy from what I've read in countless game forums. DO NOT WANT. Keep that outta this thread.
          :rantoff:

2142 style squad management
          2142 style point bonuses for teamwork within a squad
          Customized kits - earn optics, etc
          Deadly AA - to keep the focus on the ground combat
          Additional game modes - think COD game modes
          Massive maps - perhaps a couple that take a couple minutes to drive across in a fav
          Keep revive/heal/resupply - it's unique the Battlefield series and must stay
          More environments - snow, forested, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79
            ARMA2 is off topic and on top of that, mostly unplayable because it's incredibly buggy from what I've read in countless game forums. DO NOT WANT. Keep that outta this thread.
            :rantoff:
            Not off topic at all. If that guy wants realism he is looking at the wrong franchise. Battlefield games are not realistic and they shouldn't be, at heart they are arcade shooters and that is where they should remain.

If he wants realism he should get ArmA2 or even PR for BF2.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nate79
              Naming other games is a good way to describe what you like. Theres nothing wrong with that. Besides you're not the forum police anyway.

I often use COD as a way to describe things like weapon handling and movement. Theres nothing off topic about that considering this is a wish/speculation thread.

And asking for more realism in one area, doesnt always mean someone is immediately looking for Arma2 or PR either. They just might like a certain feature, and think it would be a good addition. Who knows, maybe it would.. And suggesting stuff is fine, even if its untraditional. Thats how the devs at DICE will get a feel for what the community wants.

Personally i dont necessarily want realism, i just dont want obvious unrealism. Like 10 foot high bunny hopping and stuff like that.

Comment

I hope bf3 is 1942/bf2 put together. It's a tough task, but if they variety like 1942 and modern weapons, vehicles, then it'll be awesome.

Comment

anyone think BF3 could be a subscription based game? still lot of time left and who knows what'll happen in the meantime but the only games thriving on PC right now seem to be those mmo games with the consoles taking over. i wouldn't be surprised to see it move in this direction somehow, i think there are actually few mmo fps games on the horizon. i guess a lot of it will be whether those games fail or succeed.

Comment

hell no I wouldn't pay a subscription lol

they might add the micro transfer side of it, like in BF Heroes but I don't think a pay monthly etc thing would be a good idea

Comment

FPS isn't a game you can justify paying a subscription to, theres not a great demand all the time for new content like there is for something like WoW.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        anyone think BF3 could be a subscription based game? still lot of time left and who knows what'll happen in the meantime but the only games thriving on PC right now seem to be those mmo games with the consoles taking over. i wouldn't be surprised to see it move in this direction somehow, i think there are actually few mmo fps games on the horizon. i guess a lot of it will be whether those games fail or succeed.
                        lol never.

Actually realistic...
                        No, the game shouldn't be totally unrealistic, but something in the middle.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but.

Similar to bf2142, there needs to be squad leader orders and squad leader/member points, the leader gets points for giving the squad orders and the squad gets points for performing actions within the radius of the order, just like in bf2142.

2-3 good infantry only maps like karkhand, the rest big maps for tanks and helos etc

Comment

Actually realistic...
                            Nah, BF was never about realism. The only real bit about it was the vehicles names and appearance. Stick with arcade play, it's more fun that way!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                              Nah, BF was never about realism. The only real bit about it was the vehicles names and appearance. Stick with arcade play, it's more fun that way!
                              Where does this bizarre statement that arcade=more fun come from? A balance between realism and unrealism is good for a game like Battlefield, but totally unrealistic like BF2 just isn't fun, and neither would be a totally realistic option.

Comment

Nah, I think BF2 hit the nail on the head in terms of gameplay for me. I don't really want anything more realistic, I like it the way it is. I like the environment and context to be realistic, but gameplay to be quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X