X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

Originally posted by Monkmonkman
    I got a great suggestion here:

How about the ability to sprint down stairs without loosing health?!
    Ive got a suggestion too:

Try to sprint down real stairs and then come back with suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq

I lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq

So true

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq

I tried, i eventually said f it, and slid down the handlebar thing.

Comment

A day/night cycle for multiplayer maps based on location and time zone of server.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq

It might hurt, but it wouldn't kill me, like it does in the game. Sprinting down stairs should be more like when you skip steps to run down them faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman
                It might hurt, but it wouldn't kill me, like it does in the game. Sprinting down stairs should be more like when you skip steps to run down them faster.
                It could kill you if you really sprinted its simple physics. Skipping stairs is far from sprinting.

Comment

bah in real life we can jump down from 2 feet and not be hurt but in BF, you can die from it (if you had low life) or lose health.

yes even with 2142 shock boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster

yes even with 2142 shock boots.
                    So which is worse, Shock boots or ips shield? I say both are equal.

Comment

shockboots win because they do actually reduce damage from fall and it's always on and won't use a equipment slot.

Comment

Shorter reloads and an extra round if you reload with a round left in the chamber. Battlefield keeps extra ammo in magazines so I would have expected that they would also extend the realism to the reloading itself.

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        shockboots win because they do actually reduce damage from fall and it's always on and won't use a equipment slot.
                        And it lets you regenerate sprint energy faster. It's not a bad unlock, though its effects are pretty subtle. Still better than the nadar though.

Comment

yup, and afaik, shock boots were MY idea, so of course it's a good unlock.

Comment

Vehicles abilities should be affected by the damage they take etc

a helicopter for example, the pilot has a status indicator of each part of his heli, say his engine is hit, he might lose responsiveness, speed etc, if a rocket pod is hit he can't fire from that pod anymore (or maybe it explodes hollywood style :/). If his heli has low health anyway and the tail rotor gets hit he loses it and spins out (more destruction variety!).
                            The gunner similarly, his equipment might get hit, impaired vision on his TVGs or cannon could be a result

If Dice were awesome and did more varied maps, such as those at night, you might be able to damage a helis nightvision etc etc

I can see it now, flying along in a Blackhawk, badly damaged or w/e, another hit takes out the engine and controls, instead of just exploding in the same boring fashion it could crash uncontrollably, dunno about people bailing out and kills though, perhaps points could be awarded instead for simply taking out enemy vehicles that were in use.
                            It could just be an extension of the death animation, if you are flying a plane and get blown up and killed perhaps the last thing you see is the cockpit ablaze in warning lights and you get to watch as you slam into a mountain (sort of like a deathcam/Fallout 3 Vats thing but for the person dieing) from other peoples perspective they might see the plane lose a wing and crash etc

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                              Vehicles abilities should be affected by the damage they take etc

a helicopter for example, the pilot has a status indicator of each part of his heli, say his engine is hit, he might lose responsiveness, speed etc, if a rocket pod is hit he can't fire from that pod anymore (or maybe it explodes hollywood style :/). If his heli has low health anyway and the tail rotor gets hit he loses it and spins out (more destruction variety!).
                              The gunner similarly, his equipment might get hit, impaired vision on his TVGs or cannon could be a result

If Dice were awesome and did more varied maps, such as those at night, you might be able to damage a helis nightvision etc etc

I can see it now, flying along in a Blackhawk, badly damaged or w/e, another hit takes out the engine and controls, instead of just exploding in the same boring fashion it could crash uncontrollably, dunno about people bailing out and kills though, perhaps points could be awarded instead for simply taking out enemy vehicles that were in use.
                              It could just be an extension of the death animation, if you are flying a plane and get blown up and killed perhaps the last thing you see is the cockpit ablaze in warning lights and you get to watch as you slam into a mountain (sort of like a deathcam/Fallout 3 Vats thing but for the person dieing) from other peoples perspective they might see the plane lose a wing and crash etc
                              I would like to see jets with actual ejector seats as well (but if they get shot down it still counts as a kill, just they survive, but have to survive longer). I would like to see the variable damage system you mentioned though, that would be interesting.

Comment

I was thinking same thing Chris except with the epic crash, if they were to crash and say skid uncontrollably across a sand dune in the desert of whatever environment, i think the pilot should be able to play God in the respect that if you do crash like this, he has the power of the controls to decide whether this crash is going to turn fatal for everyone on board or if his skills can help him "crashland" safely enough for everyone to get out alive.

Now that would be Epic.

- "Nice landing mate, thanks"
                                - "Didnt think we were going to make it there"

* Spark and explosion from burning helicopter crash, everyone dies

Comment

Working...
                                X