No announcement yet.

MP getting a little boring all ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 lvl away from brig gen FTW and i have to say as soon as i get to 55 ill get bored easily...join/make a clan and play competivly just like when u get bored in 2142...do prestige mode...and repeat cycle...but MP5 spamming...WHAT!?!?!?!

Guns/perks i use....
    -G3(and then 1 letter and another letter)
    -2nd 2 last sniper rifle
    -martyrdom
    -3X frags
    -Bandoiler
    -Iron lungs
    -P90(or some #)

Comment

Originally posted by seoulspirit View Post
      1 lvl away from brig gen FTW and i have to say as soon as i get to 55 ill get bored easily...join/make a clan and play competivly just like when u get bored in 2142...do prestige mode...and repeat cycle...but MP5 spamming...WHAT!?!?!?!

Guns/perks i use....
      -G3(and then 1 letter and another letter)
      -2nd 2 last sniper rifle
      -martyrdom
      -3X frags
      -Bandoiler
      -Iron lungs
      -P90(or some #)
      No prestige on PC. :|:

Comment

I am Level 55, and in every game it keeps cool because i try to use real tactics and push as hard as i can to dominate the enemy (aka Shock and Awe style).

BF2 had alot more perspective, with Infatry, infatry+armor in cities, and open battles with armor, planes and name it.

This are maps the size of BF2 Hill Spawn - Hotel.

Comment

Still great for me! Only at rank 38 and finally pulling an even K/D... the game's just getting good IMO!

Comment

ONE FRIGGIN WORD-----------------------> MODS

screw prestige mode, PCs already have 50 player servers. With some bigger maps those 40-50 player servers will be quite interesting, and 32 players will have alot more space. Different weapons, game modes, Who knows, wait and see, with automatic downloading it spreads quickly.

Some of the maps are smaller then other COD games, but a few of them are as big as the older maps. You also have to explore the maps, different little nooks and crannies. Plus the maps aren't just smaller then some COD maps, they are more cluttered with things like cars, buildings, urban warfare is quite different from the open fields of Europe. Plus for me the maps remind me more of Rainbow six games, maps conducive to intense close quarters battles, with small pockets of open areas where getting picked off can be quite easy. It's also clancy games in general where I learnt to deal with what people call "noob weapons". MP5s are great at closer rangers, like they are suppose to be, M203s attached to a good rifle can handle most ranges quite well. However play enough with and against a different variety of weapons and you'll learn to deal with them as best you can. Some times you've just been bested, sometimes it's your own fault for not considering all the possibilities. FPSs above all the other genres require quick thinking and imagination, twitch shooting only takes you so far. Fall into a repetitive and you become predictable, easy prey.

It's a different game, and it has to be, the industry in general won't eat up WW2 shooters anymore, and I'm sure IW was tired of it, heck they might move on from Shooters at some point. All dev studios keep it mixed up after a while. Blizzard mixes it up RTS/RPG/MMO/ heck they almost put out a third person shooter (GHOST, not from them but under they license). Bethesda is making a FPS. Bungie is working on a NEW IP. And other companies are trying to innovate in this increasingly competative and bar raised art form.

And this is a ART FORM. which means this idea of your "game days" being over is kind of strange. It would be like saying my music days are over, or I think I'm done seeing movies. Perhaps the days over endlessly following every game is over, but the medium is here to stay for now. And every now and then there will great titles to draw people in, other times like any art industry there is 10 tons of mediocre crap, or stuff that almost had it right.

And yeah take a break, mix it up with other games, especially other genres, other hobbies and ways to relax.

Comment

IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP!! I just found my second wind for this game!! M16 + Red Dot Scope! I don't know what came into me! I was like.. blah, lets try this thing.. Add Red-Dot, and went into =US= server, and HOLY CRAP!! This thing is deadly accurate and deadly !!!!!! I made a new kill streak with it. Old one was 21 with a .50 cal, and now I have a 24 with the M16!!!!!!!!

I"M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

*sorry for bigg letter, but CoD4 was almost about to be deleted out of my life. But damn Im back, Even got called a hacker *
              **No airstrike or heli support was used**

Comment

Originally posted by JumpStyle. View Post
                They made ranking up way too easy. Max rank in less then a week and no prestige mode? Nothing to work towards imo except joining a fragfest pub server or clan matches. BF2142 had the right idea with ranks imo
                Maybe it'll make people bored with ranked servers a little quicker and they'll actually play modded servers!

Comment

I personally cant fault the game, its the best looking game out, even better than Crysis and plays smoother, i love the lighting, the way they move ,the feel of the weapons and the bullet penetration through walls etc.
                  I just hope they don't change any of it with a patch. or i will be disappointed then.
                  10/10

Comment

Yeah it got boring, that's why I uninstalled it and went back to 2142. Infantry only gets boring quickly.

And 1 attachment? Come on...

Comment

Originally posted by D3lit3 View Post
                      I'm sure the developers wanted to create every single weapon attachment combination for each and every weapon...

Comment

That's one thing I found odd when I installed. Not being able to have Scope + Silencer or ACOG + 203. In the real life, you can.. I can see where they might of come from with it only being 1.

Comment

Honestly, I hope to not see you in this forum. If you're going to rip on IW's decision in balancing weapons and perks, which seems to be flawless so far, just is so obnoxious. I'm not trying to be rude, but that's that.

Comment

Yeah it got boring, that's why I uninstalled it and went back to 2142. Infantry only gets boring quickly.

I uninstalled BF2142 the day i got it, biggest piece of crap i have ever bought.

BF2 and gave me nice memories, especially the time i was nr 6 in Europe with Heli Clan Matches. And when i was in Pubs with that guy on TS i did the matches with, we freaking owned complete maps, all 62 people in our backpock. Thats what i do miss in COD4. The Infatry is cool however, but i don't think i am going to play this just as long as BF2.

GTA San Andreas and BF2 are still the only games that made an emotional impact on me because of their story/interaction, so they stay in a leaugue of their own.

But COd4 is definately a very good game, but as i am Level 55 already, i can see it getting boring in a month if IW don't bring new maps regulary.

Comment

I just wish they never dropped the Base Assault MoDE, i mean, it was probably the most played gameplay mode and they just drop it!

I love the detailed maps, +need more,
                              they just need to be bigger,
                              with helis, truck, tanks, etc.

I vote for a COD4- United Offensive Expansion!

Comment

Originally posted by iDash View Post
                                I just wish they never dropped the Base Assault MoDE, i mean, it was probably the most played gameplay mode and they just drop it!

I love the detailed maps, +need more,
                                they just need to be bigger,
                                with helis, truck, tanks, etc.

I vote for a COD4- United Offensive Expansion!
                                just wait for mods.

Comment

Working...
                                X