MP getting a little boring all ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP getting a little boring all ready?

This is more for the lvl 55 dudes, or anyone already getting bored. Please, if you don't have the game.. Keep your comments to yourself.

As I big fan I was of CoD2 and COD:UO. Was so pumped for CoD4. Been playing Since last tuesday release, and got to 55 over this past weekend. I must say, awesome game and great battles. Good guns and good perks. But......................

Does anybody else think, that it's starting to get boring a little quick? I mean, all the guns are getting old.. The M4 just gets spammed, the MP5 is every n00bs dream. Maps are getting old, gameplay is getting old.. Even with HQ and S&D and Domination. I mean, I used the Mp5 from start. Until lvl 49, when I get the .50 cal. Then I started using M4, then everyone uses it now.. MP5 is just pure crap now.

IW did a GREAT JOB! A great comeback from CoD3 going to consoles. But I feel, that IW could of done a little better this time around :shock:. Matches might be fun, I still want to match in it.. But it's something I don't think I'll be pubbing much.

So what do you think? Please, no n00b comments. Be honest and respect others.

Im only level 26 atm and although i see what your saying, i think you have to mix around your stuff a little more, play longer maps so each map gets a little tiresome then brings on the next. Try out different perks and change your style of play.

Try completing all the challenges. etc

I personally cant see it getting boring for a long time.

Comment

What makes this any different than COD and COD2 besides the setting. If there had been no ranks or unlocks would u still find it boring now? Go for the challenges or start over.

Comment

Well, I'm not level 55, but...it is a FPS...and they do tend to get a little repetitive...

As for the weapons, not really any "n00b" weapons in this game...there are counters to each and disadvantages of each. Maybe you just overplayed it seeing as how you hit 55 the weekend after the game was released.

I do agree on the part about the matches though, Pubbing is not fun..it really hasn't ever been, I rather be on vent with people and play with people that you sorta know...rather than going in blind; when the comp's start up there will be more of a reason to play. Studying maps, finding "l33t" places to hide, not just run and gun..

That's my 2 cents on the matter. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Ramm View Post
          Well, I'm not level 55, but...it is a FPS...and they do tend to get a little repetitive...

As for the weapons, not really any "n00b" weapons in this game...there are counters to each and disadvantages of each. Maybe you just overplayed it seeing as how you hit 55 the weekend after the game was released.

I do agree on the part about the matches though, Pubbing is not fun..it really hasn't ever been, I rather be on vent with people and play with people that you sorta know...rather than going in blind; when the comp's start up there will be more of a reason to play. Studying maps, finding "l33t" places to hide, not just run and gun..

That's my 2 cents on the matter. :salute:
          And this is what I do, hop on TS with my clan, and we have some fun. But if no one on, I pub.. And its old and boring after the 1-2 maps. I just quit the game, then can't find another game to play. Watch TV or something.. Then come back on Cod4 and do the same thing..

Something keeps dragging me back, But I can't find it yet.

@The_Eliminator: I try man, I try every gun and perk.. Still I just don't seem to have the Fun i had in CoD2.

Comment

Time to move on then. What happened was you played it and beat it to quickly. Me I don't play every day, maybe everyother day and when I do play its only 2 hours at a time.

Comment

I feel what your saying, but I have a habit of playing all of my FPS till I get bored then I move on.

But when they add ranks to the game and unlocks it makes it get more boring fast, thats why I hate that they added them because you feel that you have to get them and then once you do you are like "now what".

Where as if the game did not have ranks you would just take it for face value and not chase gun unlocks and then once you get them get bored.

With all of that being said this is the most dynamic and most entertaining FPS I have ever played, with the first one I played being SOF2, then after sof2 when to MOHAA for a few years etc...

Comment

Oh man, MOH was the best...the game never got old

That was my first real competitive FPS. I loved that game :cry:

Comment

it seems to be that the unlocks are the problem ATM. And I done think will see more.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                    Im only level 26 atm and although i see what your saying, i think you have to mix around your stuff a little more, play longer maps so each map gets a little tiresome then brings on the next. Try out different perks and change your style of play.

Try completing all the challenges. etc

I personally cant see it getting boring for a long time.
                    I agree it is by far one of the best's game of this year and i dont think this game will get boring any time soon.

Comment

Big, open maps (think CoD1) -> shooting from long distances -> forcing people to aim -> less running and gunning -> more fun -> less boredom.

Blame consoles

Comment

I think I'm Lvl 13 and it does get a little repetetive....

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm
                          I agree it is by far one of the best's game of this year and i dont think this game will get boring any time soon.
                          But changing your play style is not fun, just a pain.

Try some S&D, reminds me off AA pre-2.6, especially in hard core more, then, thats when you have some fun.

Comment

I agree, i'm around level 35 or so and it's already getting old. I just don't like the little tiny closed in maps, feels like i'm playing UT, just a frag fest. I like the bigger, more open maps.

Comment

I'm glad I have family and work and real life to keep me occupied so I don't get bored of it so quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X