MP getting a little boring all ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
    I'm glad I have family and work and real life to keep me occupied so I don't get bored of it so quick.
    yeah when you only have one or two hours to do any gaming its hard to get bored.

Comment

I actually hit 55 last night. I do primarily play with my clan mates and old friends from CS and Raven Shield, so I dont pub much. However, I dont really find the game getting boring yet. I have enjoyed and still enjoy completing the challenges and being as I used the M4 almost exclusively there are plenty of weapon challenges to complete. Plus there are all the elite and humiliation challenges that I would like to try and do and some of those are pretty nuts.

I do think the maps are a bit small and would love to see at least a couple with some range to them. I am not a fan of snipers but would like to see a more sniper supportive map for those who do enjoy it.

Additionally, I play almost exclusively in Hardcore mode, so it is a bit more of a challenge. Screw up or get too aggressive in a mission oriented game and you are done like CS.

Lastly, I for one like to alter my playstyle, or if not altering my playstyle, just adjusting it to different weapons. I have also had fun experiementing with the perk system to build classes I truly enjoy playing. I can see how it could get boring or repetitive but I still think there is enough content to keep people happy for a bit. But I also have at least 10 friends on to play with or against every night and that fact plus being able to give them a load of crap after they get hosed is a lot of fun.

For me, the FPS total experience is less about the game and more about the enjoyment I get from playing with a solid group of people, whether we're are running the table or getting destroyed.

Comment

It's possible your just bored of FPS, or bored of gaming in general.

Comment

Originally posted by KiltedCoyote View Post
          It's possible your just bored of FPS, or bored of gaming in general.
          Your probably right, But it's sad to me, that I just bought a brand new PC 2 months ago. But I do think, my time is about to end for gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by m3ow
            Your probably right, But it's sad to me, that I just bought a brand new PC 2 months ago. But I do think, my time is about to end for gaming.
            I think exactly the same thing, sometimes, rarely I have the same feeling, but shake it out quite fast. I'd go play some World in Conflict, some Company of Heroes. And then get back in the "massacre" again. I'm more than sure it has something to do with ranks to, MOH and the COD series so far never had this problem. Just find different ways to play it, I dunno, start your own goals, kill everyone in a round just with C4, etc etc. MAKE IT FUN!!! Everyone takes it too seriously when THE RANKING system is in a game. Sadly people forget about FUN. Everyone is like, how many kills, how many deaths and so on, instead of just ENJOYING KILLING PEOPLE. I hear it everytime,everyday, even on my clan's TS, people already complaining, ohhh, WTF, how did he kill me like that, impossible, etc etc. JUST respawn and kill again, forget about the numbers of kills or deaths, FOCUS ON THE WAY YOU KILL THE ENEMY!!!

Just my 2 cents ...

Comment

Good point, but it's come to the point where I cant even get a KILL! I was doing some Crash earlier, with a Sniper and some C4, and being a n00b and camping it out.. Guy comes... blow him up... yadda ya..

Next map, strike.. Went UZI, couldn't kill... did the Mp5, M4, G36C, couldn't do it. But a week ago, I was #1 on the scoreboard all the time.

I don't know whats wrong with me, Crysis even looked nice... Now, it's like.. blah.

Comment

forget everything, you need a vacation. You need a couple of days off. NO GAMES AT ALL!!! NO COMPUTER AT ALL!! I'm not kidding. You'll thank me afterwards. I recommend 1 week... Not that hard. I did it too. And it's unbelivable what happens when you "come back". I then realized what people call "a miracle"

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
                  I think I'm Lvl 13 and it does get a little repetetive....
                  That pretty much applies to all video games...

Comment

The key to long-term gaming enjoyment is the PEOPLE you play with. If you find a good clan or group that you play with often, then you'll keep playing much, much longer.

Unlocks, levelling, etc, and killing random public n00bs will only keep you amused for so long. Finding good people to play with and laugh with/at on VOIP and have fun is what really matters.

Eventually, I think most gamers go through similar spells like this. A little break might be a very good idea.

Comment

As said previously take a break, play a different kind of game.

Portal is fun for something different.

However i do agree we need some bigger maps with some wide open spaces between buildings and other structures, can be long grass with hay bails and destoryed tanks in places for a bit of cover but we need a map with a faily lengthy line of site from the standing level to keep things interesting.

All this condensed combat gets a bit repetitive, but i do find free for all a good change as its fast with not much time to think and is a more reactive based gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by bbfYoUGoTServeD View Post
                        forget everything, you need a vacation. You need a couple of days off. NO GAMES AT ALL!!! NO COMPUTER AT ALL!! I'm not kidding. You'll thank me afterwards. I recommend 1 week... Not that hard. I did it too. And it's unbelivable what happens when you "come back". I then realized what people call "a miracle"
                        God I can only wish.. But my life pretty much spins around a PC now days.. Work, School, and life.

IDK...

Comment

I'm a level 55 (reached it yesterday), and I'm still finding the game fun. Maybe you should try some different gametypes. Maybe you've played too much. You might want to play a different game for a few weeks then come back to CoD4. I used to play CoD or UO switching with BF2 every month or so.

Comment

Well from what I have tried from it so far I just picked up someones M60 and had some fun! But I havent actually tried MP that much so I will make some more comments once I do.

Comment

I am the usual SP playing sort of guy, and I usually play SP missions many times as they are generally easily repeatable and varying.

But.. I actually did get bored of playing COD4 SP. Can't play MP yet...

Comment

They made ranking up way too easy. Max rank in less then a week and no prestige mode? Nothing to work towards imo except joining a fragfest pub server or clan matches. BF2142 had the right idea with ranks imo

Comment

Working...
                                X