This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
    LOL!! Chris you have spend about 250 DAYS playing BF2. Oh yes, im sure you have a life:laugh:
    Where do you see 250 DAYS of playing?

Comment

You have been playing BF2 for aproximately 6000 hours... 6000/24 is what...? 250. There you go. You have nearly spent a year playing BF2. I feel sorry for you mate. You should go out sometimes too you know. Some fresh air might do you some good.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
        See first point. I thought we were "discussing", i.e. the whole point of a forum. I don't remember whining about his l33t s0lo0 s|<illz (yes, so l33t it has to be spelt in ASCII), and I can't really remember being on the same server as anyone having g0d-l1|<e fatal1ty s0l0 sk1llz either. Well, there were a few. I saw them on the MBL a few days later. And they weren't banned for losing key packets either.
        Generally speaking. I wasnt singling you out.

2*365 (eat, ****, sleep deducted, to mean BF2 has been out continuously for exactly one year) = 730 hours. Either more or less hours than I have on this lovely game within a margin of +/-100. That's nearly an order of magnitude less. 4*365 = 1460 hours. Again, roughly 1/5th of 5000 hours. I'd say 400+ would be casual, 400-1k => a little too much time, 1k-1.5k => obsession, and anything above is a bit too much (but as you know, some people just have all that free time). 4000 hours is insane, as is anything above. One of these l33t s0lo p1x3l gu1danc3 eng1n33rz was boasting that "2000 hours in the gunner seat of a heli alone => barely at his l33t level". But hey, I don't think I'd want to stoop that low.
        I dont really know. This kind of maths can be misleading. Considering the average schooltime in EST for example, is anywhere between 6 and 8 hours (in college, I spend anywhere between 3 and 12), one still has 14-16 hours considering the morning (pre school) and midday (past school) time. Thats 14-16 hours of time for one to do his homework, sleep, eat, ****, whatever. Pinching 2-4 hours of gametime isnt impossible. Weekends are another matter entirely.

My Xfire shows about 600 hours of playtime recorded for SWAT4, thats about a 1 years play. I would estimate about 1000-1500 in BF2, ranked and unranked play combined. Crude estimation of course, but I generally played around 2 hours a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Didnt really feel as if gaming was even a part of my life, or even interfering with it. Peculiar though, I had more time to play when I was working last year, and I had 12 hour shifts in the hospital. 4 shifts a week, which nets more work time than a regular 8 hour job.

And remember, common sense applies. For the age range I said, you should usually be either studying, or working, or screwing and with 4k of hours even, one of those has to take a major hit. People who have "free time" usually happen to have the "package", i.e. wife, kids, car, house, *insert expensive possession here*, etc. And that tends to happen well above the age of 30.
        With 4K, you spend about 5.5 hours a day gaming. Ive only seen a handful of people who have 4000 hours registered and vast majority of them are MMORPG players. I know a few CAL players who have about 2000 hours registered on their X-fire account.

Something does take a hit, but considering that youre not out every evening (parteh or whatever), its very possible to rack up, lets say 4 hours a day, without it affecting you.

We aren't talking about them. And you and I both know that's a crock of ****. NOBODY has a natural affinity for lag compensating on the BF2 engine, knowing exactly where the engine places its hitboxes, etc. All those come in the 800 => 6000+ hour bracket.
        Hmm. "Flyjetandkill"s first jet video was displaying skills that would top 98% of all BF2 pilots with ease, no contest. When he made his first video, he had 300 hours logged on. On his second video, 400 hour mark, I would consider his skill set to belong to the TOP 50 at least, if not TOP 20 of BF2 pilots. Im sure he would correct me and set himself into the TOP 10 range.

That of course is, if we choose to believe his 300/400 story mark.

So yes, you can display excellent skills with 100 hours of TV missile guidance. Not the TOP of the TOP kind of skill, but enough to make people ***** and moan, on an occasion.

:laugh:
        Sarcasm?
        You know it was. Was yours?

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
        You have been playing BF2 for aproximately 6000 hours... 6000/24 is what...? 250. There you go. You have nearly spent a year playing BF2. I feel sorry for you mate. You should go out sometimes too you know. Some fresh air might do you some good.
        Please quote me on where Ive said Ive played 6000 hours of BF2.

If you cant have a decent discussion, bugger off. Let the adults play.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
          Thats about ~700~2400 hours a year, which may end up being ~5000 hours in 2 years.
          + i remember reading a post of yours a month or so ago where you said that you have been playing BF2 for aprox 5000 hours... But im not going to read tru 4700 posts just to find that quote. Both me and you know that you have been playing BF2 a bit too much... Stop denying it

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
            + i remember reading a post of yours a month or so ago where you said that you have been playing BF2 for aprox 5000 hours... But im not going to read tru 4700 posts just to find that quote. Both me and you know that you have been playing BF2 a bit too much... Stop denying it
            :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you fvcking serious?

But im not going to read tru 4700 posts just to find that quote

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are a fvcking retard. Youll find at least 3 quotes of me saying that I have about ~1500 hours of BF2 throughout ever since BF2 Demo came out.

Go and grow the **** up.

EDIT: Hahahahah! I like that. You took the example of maths I used and thought I was giving my own playing stats. If you were smart enough, youd notice that I made a crude and stupid mathematical error when I made that example.

Oops, I used "smart enough" and "you" in the same sentence. Sorry, wont happen again.

Comment

You know what I did yesterday on gulf of oman? I was on MEC, and my team sucked. There was a sniper up in the hills at the airfield and I saw his location on the map because someone spotted him. So I took a tank and drove up there. I sat there infront of him in the tank just looking at him. The poor guy didn't shoot at me, or run away. He just accepted the fact that he was going to die. But I made the decision not to take his life. After about 30 seconds of me not shooting at him, he realised I meant no harm. He jumped on my tank, settled himself in, and started sniping at my 485723 team mates who were waiting for the jets to respawn. I just sat there and protected him.

Thought I'd tell my story just to lighten up this thread a bit... seems pretty negative in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                Generally speaking. I wasnt singling you out.

I dont really know. This kind of maths can be misleading. Considering the average schooltime in EST for example, is anywhere between 6 and 8 hours (in college, I spend anywhere between 3 and 12), one still has 14-16 hours considering the morning (pre school) and midday (past school) time. Thats 14-16 hours of time for one to do his homework, sleep, eat, ****, whatever. Pinching 2-4 hours of gametime isnt impossible. Weekends are another matter entirely.

My Xfire shows about 600 hours of playtime recorded for SWAT4, thats about a 1 years play. I would estimate about 1000-1500 in BF2, ranked and unranked play combined. Crude estimation of course, but I generally played around 2 hours a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Didnt really feel as if gaming was even a part of my life, or even interfering with it. Peculiar though, I had more time to play when I was working last year, and I had 12 hour shifts in the hospital. 4 shifts a week, which nets more work time than a regular 8 hour job.

With 4K, you spend about 5.5 hours a day gaming. Ive only seen a handful of people who have 4000 hours registered and vast majority of them are MMORPG players. I know a few CAL players who have about 2000 hours registered on their X-fire account.

Something does take a hit, but considering that youre not out every evening (parteh or whatever), its very possible to rack up, lets say 4 hours a day, without it affecting you.

Hmm. "Flyjetandkill"s first jet video was displaying skills that would top 98% of all BF2 pilots with ease, no contest. When he made his first video, he had 300 hours logged on. On his second video, 400 hour mark, I would consider his skill set to belong to the TOP 50 at least, if not TOP 20 of BF2 pilots. Im sure he would correct me and set himself into the TOP 10 range.

That of course is, if we choose to believe his 300/400 story mark.

So yes, you can display excellent skills with 100 hours of TV missile guidance. Not the TOP of the TOP kind of skill, but enough to make people ***** and moan, on an occasion.

You know it was. Was yours?

Please quote me on where Ive said Ive played 6000 hours of BF2.

If you cant have a decent discussion, bugger off. Let the adults play.
                yes, the preteens need to play too. i cant wait for you guys to grow and realize how stupid you were. think about this day in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa View Post
                  yes, the preteens need to play too. i cant wait for you guys to grow and realize how stupid you were. think about this day in 10 years.
                  Yes, LOLcats, attentionwhoring and spam. I dont think it would take 10 years for you to feel stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                    Yes, LOLcats, attentionwhoring and spam. I dont think it would take 10 years for you to feel stupid...
                    trust me u will, u have a lot of growing up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous™ View Post
                      So since he can now redline with a free conscience, then we can ram him free of guilt!
                      They already do that, and repeatedly I might add?

Originally posted by Kayback View Post
                      No it's when a person has almost more hours playing a game than there are working hours in the same time, and when they start a topic on a public forum blowing their own trumpet about how righteous they are while being an *** by any other name and then claiming things aren't important anyway makes them have no life. They acknowledge they have few days on this planet, but they will spend their time indoors being asses to people randomly assigned to their team and then argue they are right about it.
                      Seeing as you don't know a thing about my career and personal life, I'd be careful to assume I'm another kid sitting in his basement doing nothing else all day long.

Being good =! Practicing around the clock

... but then you knew that, right?

As for your comment about wasting away on a game or forum: aren't you doing the exact same thing? That's right, you are. So is everyone else who's currently engaged in their particular hobby of choice. Some even make careers out of their passion for any given activity, like Chess, a sport like Tennis, or a career like most people who aren't dedicated or talented enough to stand out in anything else.

I just happen to like this game, and I'm serious about not letting anyone else f*ck up my enjoyment of it: what's wrong with that?

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                      You know what I did yesterday on gulf of oman? I was on MEC, and my team sucked. There was a sniper up in the hills at the airfield and I saw his location on the map because someone spotted him. So I took a tank and drove up there. I sat there infront of him in the tank just looking at him. The poor guy didn't shoot at me, or run away. He just accepted the fact that he was going to die. But I made the decision not to take his life. After about 30 seconds of me not shooting at him, he realised I meant no harm. He jumped on my tank, settled himself in, and started sniping at my 485723 team mates who were waiting for the jets to respawn. I just sat there and protected him.

Thought I'd tell my story just to lighten up this thread a bit... seems pretty negative in here.
                      That is so... zen?

Comment

Well there is no difference unless the jet hits ya purely accidental like a blindspot. You are as big a scrub as they are. Go blow that helping my team cuz I'm good to your boss tomorrow, get back at me with his response. The chopper is effective in the game but scrubs like you think that you have to save the pubbers by using the chopper to take out tanks when you aren't hunting the enemy attack helo!

Well sir, you're wrong, the most powerful thing in the game is the jets hands down. Take Oman for example, a good Su pilot will only lose to a helo if the helo gets out to the carrier as the only spawn and can camp, at that a gunner racks a huge increase in numbers in that situation. A lone Su pilot can still out do a choppa whore simply by speed. He can defend flags with faster response and greater firepower killing whole squads in one pass. Add a gunner to the Su and the kills double. Oh yeah, assets gone in one pass each, thats helps too. The only way the chopper comes close is camping a main for points. Until the jet comes thru and canons it's cockpit for a few seconds.

The chopper should be focusing on supporting troops clearing both vehicles and infantry. But while I am taking a flag in the tank, your type hovers above me trying to tv the other helo instead of having a gunner that coulda took out the c4 guy that just took out my tank.:yay:

I bet you do get rammed alot, and prob whine alot about it too. But you fail to realize it's those dumb *** rotating flip evasive manuevers you "skilled" bf2 chopper sluts use that cause the ram in the first place. The guy comes in at an angle to strafe you and break to the rear of your path but when you the damge meters starts dropping you yank back right into the path of the break off..crash = Sloi "WTF ramming nub" you guys always crack me up when I see that happen!

Simply put, redlining's for jackasses. Solution- If you are on a server with plenty of volunteer gunners but they all suck...Don't ***** and call them nubs and you are their savior. The answer's simple, YOU go find another server where maybe you could help, like one with 20 people on it and no one wants the chopper.

Comment

Well there is no difference unless the jet hits ya purely accidental like a blindspot. You are as big a scrub as they are. Go blow that helping my team cuz I'm good to your boss tomorrow, get back at me with his response. The chopper is effective in the game but scrubs like you think that you have to save the pubbers by using the chopper to take out tanks when you aren't hunting the enemy attack helo!
                          OMG ROFLMAO!

You obviously have no clue who I am. This is great! Please guys ... keep going.

PS. Just so there's no confusion, I'm the guy who's cawk you're sucking for constantly keeping the enemy helis and armor out of a match.

<3 -xox- <3

Comment

Jibberish
                            - A chopper has a much faster kill rate than a jet does, provided the opposing jets are being busy and chopper isnt hunted
                            - You can avoid a jet, you cannot avoid a chopper
                            - You dont really know what youre talking about
                            - I do agree with you on the ramming issue, 90% of all my crashes into choppers are due to the chopper pilots cookiecut maneuver which I cant break off from anymore

Comment

The solution to jets constantly ramming into "nub heli pilots" (right, because it's our fault you don't break off sooner in order to reposition on us ) is, as previously mentioned, breaking away sooner. There's really no excuse for supposedly competent jet pilots to ram into us unless they don't approach and fly away properly.

I'm relatively harmless and, in all honesty, practically useless in a jet and even I can dispose of enemy helis efficiently (read: without ramming into them). Surely all of you aces can do better? /Dookugrin

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                                The solution to jets constantly ramming into "nub heli pilots" (right, because it's our fault you don't break off sooner in order to reposition on us ) is, as previously mentioned, breaking away sooner. There's really no excuse for supposedly competent jet pilots to ram into us unless they don't approach and fly away properly.

I'm relatively harmless and, in all honesty, practically useless in a jet and even I can dispose of enemy helis efficiently (read: without ramming into them). Surely all of you aces can do better? /Dookugrin
                                This is BS, mon cherri. If you actually had any time in jets, youd know how true this holds. The typical maneuver which ends with a crash is when a chopper pilot makes a right turn left/right with 100% pitch up, which means it will basically stop in its tracks and even move backwards a little. A pilot who comes from behind the chopper, does so at usually 1100+ MPH and this results in an unavoidable crash. You yourself should know that you cant make all your cannon shots hit a chopper and you already bought yourself time for one full pass against missiles, if you used flares.

Its just one of those things. Its not set in stone, but it happens quite a lot, and it happens because both parties make a fatal mistake. Stop turning back, and youll notice a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X