Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chopper soloing: a problem or an art?

Reading this threads, I don't know what's worse in the chopper, some noob that can't hit sh!t, or one of these arrogant self proclaimed expert pilots that would rather redline somebody, than not have their fun flying solo.
    Either way, you can argue as much as you want "what's the best for the team" and what is fair and what is not, the fact is nobody cares. Everybody has EQUAL CHANCES to get to the chopper, and there is nothing you can do about it.
    The only reason why I stopped flying is because I got tired of waiting at the helipad each time with 15 people jumping around who's gonna get to the chopper first. That was so pathetic. I'm having a lot more fun on foot, especially when I destroy a vehicle while playing on foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
      I'm having a lot more fun on foot, especially when I destroy a vehicle while playing on foot.
      Roger that!

Comment

Youre 36 years old, more than 10 years older than me and you still do not know the reasons behind teamwork and the whole concept has left you behind. Youre speaking of team spirit, which is something less pragmatic, although as much as practical as teamwork.

Inexperienced or not, so what, you go out you get mullered by a TV from the enemy attack helicopter or you missed the tank on the ground, it's a game laugh it off and move on. It's the guys that take it seriously and start swearing because you missed that make me laugh.
        Whos swearing, whos taking it seriously? Nobody is taking it any more seriously as those that are "left behind". What people are doing, are freeing themselves from the burden of dragging useless weight in a game where it should all be about ones personal fun, and not interweb reenactment of the most manly gay moments in "Saving private Ryan". Are you catching the drift? They just dont give a sh!t, they take you to the red line, let you die, waste 2 minutes of their game time doing so and proceed having their great fun time. Minimum ammount of chore time, maximum ammount of fun from selfreliant gameplay. Internets biggest enemy is anonymity, because the "victims" become "usernames" and bear no significance. You think people actually give a sh!t about you in the game? Get real.

It is this, in my opinion, that is teamwork. Doing something that isn't the best thing for one or more, but for the team, learning to think of others before you think of yourself. Like I said, I don't want it to sound as dramatic as it possibly does, but those that have served in the military will probably nod and understand, those that haven't will continue to argue the toss that their actions are teamwork.
        People group up as a team do so to create better results, or in military teams- increase efficiency and decrease the possibility of getting killed. People dont do it so they can pad their buddies butts in the showers, they do it because they dont want to get killed. Its all black and white. Youre speaking of team spirit, which affects morale and combat will, aswell as courage. Im speaking of the end result which has been brought closer because of pragmatic cooperation and doing ones job.

Comment

Small boy, get some time in before you chops.

Comment

Chris, again i agree with most of what you are saying. However i still strongly disagree with the practice of soloing. I won't go back and quote one of the self professed soloer who said getting noobs so scared they bail. Nor will i go quote those saying they are better than anyone else and this gives them exclusive rights to the aircraft.

The next step in any skill set, once you gave mastered it IS to train. As bad cinema as it sounds, once the student is the teacher, then does he truely start learning. Maybe we are just fundamentally different people. I get more joy from showing someone the ropes and helping them build their skills. True i don't have the skillset in BF2 to help any but the rawest noob, i do get to do it in other circles. It amazes me when other people are so self centered they don't share their skills

One of the reasons i don't play many plane maps was the same people got the planes over and over, and they weren't above TKing for them. And there was a 10 waiting line for them. And they had the attitude the planes came with their names painted on the side. So basically I never bothered to get into the air war part of the game. I prefer playing on the ground, and i really get my kicks destroying any vehicle but i do enjoy getting off the ground every once in a while.

Comment

The next step in any skill set, once you gave mastered it IS to train.
              Fundamentally wrong, considering its still your own personal opinion. The NEXT step would be either to find a new challenging area, or suck the fun out of current aspect until its boring as a big fat hooker. Because, we play this game to have fun, not to build Jedi Knight Schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback
                Chris, again i agree with most of what you are saying. However i still strongly disagree with the practice of soloing. I won't go back and quote one of the self professed soloer who said getting noobs so scared they bail. Nor will i go quote those saying they are better than anyone else and this gives them exclusive rights to the aircraft.

The next step in any skill set, once you gave mastered it IS to train. As bad cinema as it sounds, once the student is the teacher, then does he truely start learning. Maybe we are just fundamentally different people. I get more joy from showing someone the ropes and helping them build their skills. True i don't have the skillset in BF2 to help any but the rawest noob, i do get to do it in other circles. It amazes me when other people are so self centered they don't share their skills

One of the reasons i don't play many plane maps was the same people got the planes over and over, and they weren't above TKing for them. And there was a 10 waiting line for them. And they had the attitude the planes came with their names painted on the side. So basically I never bothered to get into the air war part of the game. I prefer playing on the ground, and i really get my kicks destroying any vehicle but i do enjoy getting off the ground every once in a while.
                Let me guess, you're an NCO?

Comment

Jimtool, no idea. What are the non commissioned officer ranks?

Chris, like i said different strokes for different folks. Getting in a heli alone again and again would drive me mad like a fat hooker. However it IS a challenge to pass your knowledge on. And that isn't my opinion. There are many many different walks of life that agree with my sentiment about training. Martial arts for example. Any job with apprentices. Lots of sports. Many training facilities use it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
                    Reading this threads, I don't know what's worse in the chopper, some noob that can't hit sh!t, or one of these arrogant self proclaimed expert pilots that would rather redline somebody, than not have their fun flying solo.
                    Either way, you can argue as much as you want "what's the best for the team" and what is fair and what is not, the fact is nobody cares. Everybody has EQUAL CHANCES to get to the chopper, and there is nothing you can do about it.
                    The only reason why I stopped flying is because I got tired of waiting at the helipad each time with 15 people jumping around who's gonna get to the chopper first. That was so pathetic. I'm having a lot more fun on foot, especially when I destroy a vehicle while playing on foot.
                    Great! One less person to contend with when hopping around for the heli. :laugh:

Comment

This is a long f__king thread. With the replies I mean. Is anyone even reading this? Does someone really read all 300 replies on a thread? Crazy

Comment

It's called night shift. Helps pass the time

Comment

Kayback you are so against soloers, probably because you cant solo yourself, hell you probably cant even use the tv missile

before you proceed to make more posts, how about going into an empty server for 20 minutes, and try to learn how to use the tv missile, if you already DO know how to properly use it (which I doubt) then spend another 20 minutes and play around with soloing, solo tv shot empty tanks, helos etc etc
                          if you know how to use the tv, then 20 minutes soloing should be enough time for you to decide if you really like it and want to perfect it

if you give yourself enough time to learn the act, then you probably would change your views on this subject, I havnt met one person who is good at soloing be against it, they may not promote it but they are not against it either

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback View Post
                            Jimtool, no idea. What are the non commissioned officer ranks?

Chris, like i said different strokes for different folks. Getting in a heli alone again and again would drive me mad like a fat hooker. However it IS a challenge to pass your knowledge on. And that isn't my opinion. There are many many different walks of life that agree with my sentiment about training. Martial arts for example. Any job with apprentices. Lots of sports. Many training facilities use it as well.
                            Its different though, youre asking a sunday soccer player to spend his playtime at the bench teaching newbies how to play. Its unacceptable to devote ones self to training. I mean, youre, here, in black and white, asking people to log on each evening to teach people on the server. Its just not feasible. In this situation the game has become a choir, a duty, an unfun commitment to teach people who most probably will either ignore you or not fly with you enough so that you could enjoy what youve "created".

Quite simply, youre asking people to give up their fun for the mere seconds of fun of others. Maybe youre too old...

Comment

No, Chris... he wants us to practice Altruism on an unparalleled level.

Ayn Rand would recognize him for what he is: a looter and a moocher, a parasite demanding the blood, sweat and output from the motors of the world. I refuse to give value simply because you demand it, as if my efforts and abilities were somehow yours to command and take at will.

Soloing is the ultimate affirmation of independence and ability. It's the recognition that your effort should be rewarded in full, not wasted away, limited or in any way given to those who will not or cannot appreciate it.

I'll happily fly with other producers. I'll also happily fly away from moochers and parasites.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X