• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1.4 problems thread

Installed incremental, no problems so far

Comment

My incremental works great, no connection problems or server crashes. Jalalabad seems good map, though 2 many armors, but nice connection between city and other maps. Just scored 105 so seems to be nice for teh stats padders :/

Comment

...also installed incremental and all ok for the short time i've played.

Comment

ctd, 3 times already. All this time for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by .Griff.
            So far so good for me. Installed the full patch, found a busy Jalalabad server and it played fine.
            Same here. Played on 2 different servers and had fun.

The only problem that I found was during a tank ambush, an anti-tank round went right through a US tank from the rear. The tank driver seen the round come through him and turned around and chased me down.

The bunny hoping is not the same but it is there. They jump, move right-to-left in the air, land prone and kill you with one shot....BS.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyBricklayer
              please... i got an asus a8n-32sli deluxe with 2 seprate 10mb/ connections on asus lan link or whatever, totaling about 22mb. i spent about 5 grand on my pc hardware, and i build pc's... so dont give me that "its ur connection" ****. an heres a pic of my dl speed for proof

you spent $5,000 on your pc?? Omg you got robbed. By the way can i build your next PC for $5,000

Comment

Make a backup of your BF2 directory before installing either the 1.4 Full or incremental patch. That way of you have issues, it is easily recoverable.

Please, when posting issues about the 1.4 patch, please indicate if you installed the Full or Incremental patch.

Best Regards

Comment

I've got a bug that is a pain in the ***, sometimes when I click Join Game after it loads, it freezes my entire computer (well sometimes my music is still playing) and I'm forced to restart.

Ummmmm I used the incremental. Do I HAVE to reinstall to use the full?

Here are my specs:
                  Xp Pro
                  7800GT
                  3800X2
                  1.5Gb PC2700
                  250 Western Digital SATA2 7200RPM
                  Asus A8N-E nForce 4 Ultra

Comment

Originally posted by adelkhf
                    That doesn't even make sense.

--

I've also had a couple servers crash on me so far.

I knew they should've released a third public beta.
                    Yes it does. You not understanding that doesn't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                      for all the people that dont like the new patch or any of the patches or dont like EA and dice thendont play the game anymore just leave. its as simple as that. if u hate the game so much then why play and make urself upset. i for one dont have a problem with the game. i like the game and i would like to commend EA and dice for making a great game. one of the best game si have played in recent years. and i aplaude them for giving us a new map. i think i have gotten my 90 dollars out of these games 10 times over and will still contunue to enjoy it in the long run.

I would agree with you if it was a FREE product bu it was not, If you got your money out of the game good for you but for the rest of us having trouble after we paid for it is kind of like you buying a brand new car and if breaks down just toss it, as consumers we have rights to receive a product in full working order I will stop complaining if EA refunds every penny I paid for BF2 and SF.

Comment

you can just install the full over anything... it will just re-write all the files it needs to instead of picking & choosing... you don't need to install a full patch on a fresh installation...

Comment

Im currently downloading the full after having no luck with the incremental. once its downloaded i will retry with the incremental to see if the 3 restarts helped (i have othe computer problems)

but to install the full, do i have to un-install Battlefield and then reinstall it and run the full 1.4?

sorry i didnt see the above thread, so basically i can download the full and just install it and it will do all the work for me?

Comment

Originally posted by ]DKE[ Milio
                            How to bunnyhop with 1.4:

get macro...
                            -first you change the rifle from auto to single fire
                            -bunnyhop...
                            -change directly after the bunnyhop the rifle from single to auto fire...

THIS WAS F*CKING ONE OF THE THINGS I WERE WAITING FOR TO BE VANISHED WITH THIS PATCH, EA, I REALLY REALLY PLANNED TO BUY 2142 BUT AFTER THIS ^&%@&#% PATCH YOU CAN PUT IT IN YOUR *(U*&@#**(&

Edit: I got the connection error too...
                            Edit2: The PKM is better since 1.3
                            GJ on explaining to the world how to do it u TWOT

Comment

no problems, installed and playing fine.

I wish people would just download it and try it, rather then saying i heard it was bad so i am not gonna download. It's never a good idea to form opinions based on other people's opinions. Usually you end up looking foolish and ignorant. Try it for yourself before making comments on something you have no clue about.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyBricklayer
                                please... i got an asus a8n-32sli deluxe with 2 seprate 10mb/ connections on asus lan link or whatever, totaling about 22mb. i spent about 5 grand on my pc hardware, and i build pc's... so dont give me that "its ur connection" ****. an heres a pic of my dl speed for proof
                                U spent 5 g's on your PC? Are u mental?

Comment

Working...
                                X