1.4 problems thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1.4 problems thread

i had the same punkbuster revert to unmodified content blurb instead of connecting only with special forces... my bf2 is fine but i just cant play special forces?

Comment

after installing 1.4 bf2 keep crashing to desktop..like blink blink black screen and then desktop....its not my video card problem...first time happening...reinstalling everything and let see wats up....

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldozer36
        When I try going into a server it says I have an invalid cd key. How do I fix that?

Easy. Go out and buy a legit copy.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
          Easy. Go out and buy a legit copy.
          No, lots of people with valid CD keys have been getting this problem for months.

Comment

Ive had 2 CTD's and sometimes you cant spot emenys you try to spot and it does nothing

Comment

After installing the patch haven't found any errror or ctd anymore.....

Comment

OK since 1.4 patch I am experiencing a weird problem. The map loads, status bar loads fully then the screen flickers , won't join the game but it doesn't CTD, the computer is just frozen , I can't even CTRL/ALT/DEL to close BF2.exe , my mouse cursur won't work either. I can only do a computer restart by the button on my case. This is an intermittent problem. I clear the cache and it seems to temorarily fix the problem but it comes back eventually.

Comment

I instaled the incremental patch and it worked fine at first. Then it started t give connections issue messages but it wouldn't crashout, just pause for a couple of seconds. So I reinstalled BF2 and loaded up the full 1.4 patch. Now it gives me the connection issues message every minute and pauses he game (like lag) for about 2 seconds and then plays fine. Any ideas people? Never had problems like this before. Net connection is fine and don't experience similar problems with anything else. Could it be a PB issue? Try to manually update but the programme wouldn't install. Jalalabad is a really good map but it's really beginning to annoy me as it keeps giving connection error messages at the most inopportune moments and making me look like a noob on the battlefield! Is happening now with all maps and ot just Jalalabad

Comment

Installed full patch, re installed bf2 and still get"There is a problem with your connection" when the game is running perfectly. Does this on all servers.

Comment

Am I the only one with the following problem?

I can load the game and play fine for hours, but if I exit the game and then try to re-open it I get an error message. I have to reboot the machine to be able to open the game again. :wtf: I am working with EA support and I have removed and reinstalled the game 5 times so far (all using the FULL 1.4 patch). They just told me to create a new admin account and install it on that account. The guys are really hopeless. Just for the record, 1.3 worked fine minus the occasional CTD.

Comment

Today getting kicked several times and error is:
                        You have been kicked via Punkbuster for ... Losing Key Packets.
                        With patch 1.4 I have'nt problems until today. Punkbuster is updated.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryhopper
                          im in total extacy about the patch!

only 1 little problem.......

but i guess its not a real problem.
                          Solution: Subscribe to Fileplanet

Comment

I never really had problems i got Incrementel and I start up Log in and then whole Computer Freeze at Main Menu Screen -.-
                            Guees to install the 1.4 full install not incremental time then and install BF2 which ussly takes 5 trys without crashing ^_^

Also somhow got to Rank -1 yay!

Comment

After installing the patch the game won't even load. Looks like a reinstall for me, what a waste of my time!

Comment

Working...
                              X