• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1.4 problems thread

will my mods work with 1.4?

Comment

i didnt get hit that bad with 1.3 problems, so guess this is what i deserve.

basically, when i start up my game it goes black and then quietly crashes to the desktop. basically gives me the finger electronically.

Comment

guys...remember! if u renamed ur bf2.exe to something else, game wont boot up!

Comment

Originally posted by [77th]Balas
          i didnt get hit that bad with 1.3 problems, so guess this is what i deserve.

basically, when i start up my game it goes black and then quietly crashes to the desktop. basically gives me the finger electronically.
          run it in windowed mode and it might give you an error message

Comment

It appears that CTD is the new "name-glitch" (i.e., the problem gets worse with every patch and never seems to go away despite contrary claims from the coders).

The fix log claims to have solved all the game’s CTD issues, but after installing 1.4, I can no longer play single-player without having a CTD as soon as I click the "start game" button. I have no clue how regular multiplayer is working right now since my internet connection is running super slow as a result of a local power-outage last night. I hope for EA/DICE’s sake that this is not just another case of the incremental patch being FUBAR in comparison to the full patch.

Comment

Ive played for about an hour, like the new map. Um ... only problems I have encountered are lag related. I dont think its my fault as I have only experienced these lag issues since the 1.4 patch.

Otherwise no problems that I can see. Still early days though! :evil:

Comment

well ive started crashing to desktop in game and it hasnt happened hardly ever in bf2 lol and my ping is sky high pain in the arse

Comment

Problems hah where do I start after playing 1 hour I have seen more crud than I ever have. Red tags STILL. dolphin divers still pulling off that 1 shot outrage. c4 whats the point you cant get near the tank to place it and if you do you nearly always get taken out . Well Ive learned you cant moan and get things done. So from now on when I plan to buy a game I will just look for the game without any dice or ea stamps. 2142 HA never.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekstizzle
                    Some peoples games come pre-packaged with 1.3. So there's no uninstalling and re-installing with the full 1.4 patch. Incremental is the only way forward for them
                    Thats completely wrong. The full patch will patch from any version to 1.4.

Comment

Welcome to the world of Battlefield 2, where each patch is a step towards creating a supervirus.

Comment

WTF
                        I ONLY GET one server!!!!
                        HOw do I fix!

Comment

m8 has the same prob only one sever and it says its a beta sever WTF???
                          also says its an ea beta test sever run from EAs UK HQ .
                          anybody had this prob whats going on with this update .
                          i didnt bother getting it and now im glad i didnt .
                          maybe they have put the wrong file up for downloading .
                          but it said it was the full BF2 1.4 update anyway somethings messed up somewhere.

Comment

Im trying to install the full 1.4 patch off of the EA Downloader, but it says there is a generic problem and wont finish installing. i have to restart the downloader, what do i do?

Comment

Originally posted by [77th]Balas
                              basically gives me the finger electronically.
                              lmao. and as for the ppl bitching about dolphin diving, thats total ********, u can jump and go prone but the ****ing gun will not fire 2-3 seconds later after being completely still which pissed me off. since, u cant fire and once u land, theres a delay b4 u can crouch or prone, your a sitting duck...infantry just turned into the most boring and slowest aspect of the game. nothing but chopper and jet whoring for me from now and on. and im going to tk my *** for vehicles for the game being ruined by these gay delays cause crying noobs cant hit someone trying to avoid fire.

Comment

I just installed the incremental and there was no problem. Everything runs flawlessly. However, I agree with all your complaints. The BF2 engine simply sucks. No matter how good your rig is, it'll still lag :P

I find that overclocking your machine causes lots of instability, be it a few mhz higher or a whole lot...

For most of you I believe are enthusiasts here, you can try resetting your clock back to default and see if it works.

Good luck to all! I still am not 100% satisfied with this patch though myself :P

dL

Comment

Working...
                                X