1.4 problems thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1.4 problems thread

sorry if this is in the wrong thread....i cant even install the incremental patch...i downloaded 3 from 3 different sources and they all give me....cant find install folder for battlefield 2....funny thing is...i havent touched any of my battlefield 2 files....any ideas for a fix???

Comment

Originally posted by -_J0N0_-
      Sounds to me like a complete waste of download .. im going to stick with 1.3 a little longer i think .

We are B2. Resistance is futile

Holy $hit did that ever sound geiky. OK, time to go out do some whitewater kayaking

Originally posted by JerseyBricklayer
      please... i got an asus a8n-32sli deluxe with 2 seprate 10mb/ connections on asus lan link or whatever, totaling about 22mb. i spent about 5 grand on my pc hardware, and i build pc's... so dont give me that "its ur connection" ****. an heres a pic of my dl speed for proof

You're right. Since you spent FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS on your PC and connection (snicker) there's no way you could be having any problems WHATSOEVER with your PC or connection. NO WAY at all!!!! lol

Man that's like saying "I'm rich and smart, I just spent two hundred thousand dollars on a Ferrari. There's no way that thing will break down."

Or here's a good one.
      I just spent 32 million on an FA-18D Superhornet. There's no way that thing will break down. No sirree bob!!!!

HAHAHAHA. Get your head put of your *** bud. Check your pc and especially that "2,000 gigabit pers second Lan watchamajiggy" connection of yours.

P.S. And yes they do have issues even when they are fresh out of the box. You can thank Bill Gates for that dance.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
        We are B2. Resistance is futile

Holy $hit did that ever sound geiky. OK, time to go out do some whitewater kayaking

You're right. Since you spent FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS on your PC and connection (snicker) there's no way you could be having any problems WHATSOEVER with your PC or connection. NO WAY at all!!!! lol

Man that's like saying "I'm rich and smart, I just spent two hundred thousand dollars on a Ferrari. There's no way that thing will break down."

Or here's a good one.
        I just spent 32 million on an FA-18D Superhornet. There's no way that thing will break down. No sirree bob!!!!

HAHAHAHA. Get your head put of your *** bud. Check your pc and especially that "2,000 gigabit pers second Lan watchamajiggy" connection of yours.

P.S. And yes they do have issues even when they are fresh out of the box. You can thank Bill Gates for that dance.
        Only 5 Grand? Been gaming for 30 years all the way back to 14.4 modem days and recall thousands of dollars spent.

It's worth it. Better to be a gamer and happy instead of all stressed and angry in the Cardiac Ward undergoing monitoring for chest pains triggered by someone's idea of a good gaming rig/uber internet.

Comment

Originally posted by alishamim
          Again the Bf2 patch has failed to make me happy...now after installing the 1.4patch my game wouldnt even start up so i ended up reinstalling the game...i then patch with 1.4 but now all servers give me the error message:

"This server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of battlefield 2 to the current official version to join"

And i cannot join any servers, I knew that not all servers had upgraded to 1.4so i reverted my BF2 back to 1.3 and still is giving me the error message, im pretty sure i havent modded anything since it was a clean install and i know that many people have had this problem but with earlier patches why am i getting it now? anyone have any ideas?
          Same here. Wondering if it is a Punkbuster issue.

Comment

the VOIP is still buggered too. I give up.

Comment

When I try going into a server it says I have an invalid cd key. How do I fix that?

Comment

at least you guys got it to work, my problems:

1) started up 1.3 before the patch to make sure everything works, it did.

2) installed incremental. launch game, gets to splash screen, black resolution flicker, CTD

3) installed FULL patch. same as above

4) COMPLETELY uninstalled game. reinstalled. game starts fine

5) installed full 1.4 patch. same problem as before

gg ea/dice sigh

Comment

Originally posted by dstrizzle69
                  i had no problems and i like the new level
                  same here everyting good i havent had any problems other than alittle lagg.. in a few servers that i nver lagg in.. duno ill keep on playing and see if i keep laggin then ill know there is a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Sweatbandman
                    No offence but we have the right to complain, puting up with CTD for 3 months and all the other problems and then finally after we get the patch it doesnt work. I say we have the right to ransack and destroy EA's main offices let alone complain

I've got the Incremental, but im downloading the full as well now
                    Moron

Comment

The connection problems you guys are having are prob caused by the dual processor. go to processes and put bf.exe on ONE processor and your connection problems are likely to be fixed.

i had the same with my AMD Opteron dual

I dont think they fixed it in patch 1.4

Comment

Originally posted by kabal@xs4all.nl
                        The connection problems you guys are having are prob caused by the dual processor. go to processes and put bf.exe on ONE processor and your connection problems are likely to be fixed.

i had the same with my AMD Opteron dual

I dont think they fixed it in patch 1.4
                        there is no need to set affinity if you install the AMD Driver from their website..

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

the Intel I cant answer for but I know this works on my X2 3800..

anymore flaming and offtopic name calling will get this thread locked and those involved warned ...

Comment

I had a few issues to start with, so I done a clean install with the full patch (BF>SF>1.4>EF>AF>1.4) and it was alot better. But I did get looping medipack sounds last night, which was a tad annoying, but thing could be alot worse

Comment

they where suppose to fix the Crash to desktop after i got the 1.4 patch i crashed to desktop while testing a hack IN SINGLE player i may add lol and it crashed *&^%*(* now i got 1.4 did it on multiplayer thanks EA u r really good UR SUPPOSE OT BE THE RICHEST GAMES COMPANY IN THE WORLD FFS

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
                              there is no need to set affinity if you install the AMD Driver from their website..

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

the Intel I cant answer for but I know this works on my X2 3800..

anymore flaming and offtopic name calling will get this thread locked and those involved warned ...
                              Great advise man. that so called UPDATE crashed my system.

Its just as stable as the 1.4 patch

Thanks but no thanks

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanFox
                                I had a few issues to start with, so I done a clean install with the full patch (BF>SF>1.4>EF>AF>1.4) and it was alot better. But I did get looping medipack sounds last night, which was a tad annoying, but thing could be alot worse
                                Ok, I might have been a bit quick with that...

After doing a clean install (BF>SF>1.4>EF>AF>1.4) of the full 1.4 patch I have experienced the following problems:

Server crashes
                                Map loading freezes on 0% or is extremely slow
                                Connection loss
                                Lag
                                Hits not registering (deffinately direct hits)
                                Join button doesn't always work
                                Menu sometimes goes in slow motion
                                'Problem With Your Connection' consistantly pops up on screen
                                Medic sound looping when pack picked up
                                Has sat on 'connecting to account server' screen, resulting in me having to shut down computer

Took another players medic kit to revive them, revived them, so they had my sniper kit, they died, then revived them again and they had switched back to their original medic kit.

Maybe the next patch will fix everything. :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                                X