1.4 problems thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1.4 problems thread

well EA's website JUST updated... I like how a lot of these file provider sites updated and had it before EA's website even updated...

sometimes I envision EA's webmaster just sleeping all day every day, drooling on his desk and then once every 3-6 months, someone walks by and kicks his chair and throws a document on his desk with a 'fix list' and tells him to type it and put it up... and then he gets all pissed off cuz someone woke him up... he posts it 'after lunch' and then goes back to sleep...

Comment

Originally posted by lmimmfn
      hmmm, strange, im about to try this 1.4 version now, but if its not problem with your net connection and its as stable as beta 2 was then im at a loss dude, try it again and see if it happens continually, also make sure you didnt get download the filecloud version( beta 1, i cant remember if it had the watermark on the server listings or not )
      What yopu might also want to try is move your Battlefield 2 folder in docs and settings to your desktop to make sure its not a problem with your cache/con files
      I rebooted my pc but nothing works ..
      This problem happens like 1.3 crashes.. i really hate this game

Comment

So, can we just install the full patch over the 1.3 version of the game to be safe? I don't want to reinstall, as I would need to re-download the booster packs again, and I think I'm at my limit with EuroForce...

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
          Well, one happy customer. Hurrah:-)

Hope there's plenty more.
          Looking at all the packed servers; yes lots of people are playing it nicely. No complaining or talk in voicespeak about problems.

27,100 PLAYERS ONLINE NOW and I just refreshed it and it added 300 more players.

Do not let the minority get to you guys around here; minority usually makes the majority of the shouting. Just have to have patience and deal with them like you do with your kids; talk softly and walk them through any problems they have.

Oh yah to all those that may have ping/bandwidth problems http://www.dslreports.com/tools may be able to help solve some of those problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbryan
            I rebooted my pc but nothing works ..
            This problem happens like 1.3 crashes.. i really hate this game
            maybe its ur avatar that is making ur game crash. so to fix the problem change ur avatar.

Comment

???

How long have we waited for this patch? The game still CTD like in patch 1.3. I never had any problems pre 1.3.

Comment

HOPEFULLY they fixed the "Cartillery" issue....so many NOOB Commanders dropping cars on planes, choppers, and snipers. ANNOYING as HELL!

You should ONLY get a car dropped when a squad leader ASKS for it.

Did they fix it? or does cartillery live on in 1.4?

Haze

Comment

Loaded up 1.4 patch, doublclicked BF2 icon, screen went black, flickered came back to desktop.

Took out the CD, made it auto-run, this is what I got:

Looks like I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall everything.

I've never said this before, but I'm saying it now. **** u EA. I'm going to get censored arent I?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyBricklayer
                    i got the "your connection has been lost" in the first round of jilalaBAD {mec gets RAPED} so this is a thread to gather up all the problems that dice chouldnt seem to find in 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!! yet another crap patch. i shouldnt be suprised i guess, seeins how they havent got a single patch stable yet.

thank u ea... for stealing my 50 dollars { plus 30 for specal forces, and another 20 for the 2 expansions} all of which u dont realy support at all.... ea stick to consol sports games where u belong, cuz u cant make a fps worth a ****
                    Easy dude. Give it some time.... Don't forget that anything you did to prevent or at least minimize the Lost connections you used to get with 1.3 may be what's making it difficult to hold a connection in 1.4. Take your time and work us as opposed to just bitching about it. Your either a part of the problem or a part of the solution. You pick.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                      Easy dude. Give it some time.... Don't forget that anything you did to prevent or at least minimize the Lost connections you used to get with 1.3 may be what's making it difficult to hold a connection in 1.4. Take your time and work us as opposed to just bitching about it. Your either a part of the problem or a part of the solution. You pick.
                      We have given them so many time^^
                      There werent these errors with 1.22 .. 1.3 has this bugs as features and 1.4 has an error that is the same bug :P
                      I gotta reinstall it another time but .. I want to know from lmimmfn what does he mean with clear cache ..

Comment

I used full 1.3 back then and now i used full 1.4
                        *Connections problems still here
                        *Super low FPS in 1.4 Road to Jalalabad, even lower than in Warlord Palace in 1.3

Comment

Well, i reinstalled BF2, then installed 1.4 full and everything works perfectly.
                          Its very nice patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbryan
                            We have given them so many time^^
                            There werent these errors with 1.22 .. 1.3 has this bugs as features and 1.4 has an error that is the same bug :P
                            I gotta reinstall it another time but .. I want to know from lmimmfn what does he mean with clear cache ..
                            Go into 'My Documents/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2/cache' delete everything in there; adjust your video settings and make sure there are no newer drivers for your video card. Go to Microsoft Update and make sure everything is updated.

Comment

Downloading
                              I have never had a problem with a patch
                              only one time with 1.3, but I fixed that
                              and I have never had to reinstill BF2!
                              Game works fine
                              other then the Crashes

Comment

Sounds to me like a complete waste of download .. im going to stick with 1.3 a little longer i think .

Comment

Working...
                                X