Aimbot finds and shoots aimbot but kills BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aimbot finds and shoots aimbot but kills BF2

its quite obvious when you meet clans and such (often from spain or italy) who use aimbots, headshot in every duel, every damn duel. even if they crouch 200 feets away in the fog, 1 shot and headshot.

scrap pb, worst anti cheat ever, everyone cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
      well - after getting called tons of "names' in this forum - I did some research
      1. PB only test for 'modified game files' - PB is too lazy to check programs preloaded in ram (not a hard thing to do)
      2. Hacks do exist - bought a new game - made a new account = paid for 1 week of hack usage - and tested it
      it worked ! man was I pissed off (but felt vindicated for all my earlier posts her e claiming they existed)

PB scans what is loaded in memory a few select files in the game. Content Check scans the files to make sure they haven't been tampered with. They are two completely seperate anti-cheat tools.

Hacks do exist in this game, tons of them have been stopped, but there are some that exist. The ones that usually survive for a good deal of time are private made hacks that never get released to the public. I troll their boards alot.

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids
        You guys have absolutely no idea how much work it takes to make an anti-cheat tool. Granted, PB could be better, but so does any anti-cheat tool for any game. If you don't think you ever seen anyone get hw banned from PB, go read the cheat boards.
        hmm, interesting but moronic comment you made there..

how much work it takes to make an anti cheat tool?? Im guessing
        probably about the same as it did for the 'unprofessional' programmer
        to make the cheat... if the glorious and all powerful EA/DICE cant
        keep the game secure then they should stop trying with their silly server
        rules like the babysitter rule... (minimum player before game starts..)

fact is, EA and DICE are a total joke.. a disgrace to gaming programmers
        everywhere.. If you ask anyone in the inside circles of programming,
        they'll tell you that EA is the armpit of programmers. Its where all the
        wanna-bes end up.. The better ones end up at companies like EPIC..

punkbuster is a useless item included in the game to make you all feel
        nice, warm and tingly inside, but in reality there are thousands of players
        cheating in this game.. YES, THOUSANDS.

Comment

You guys have absolutely no idea how much work it takes to make an anti-cheat tool. Granted, PB could be better, but so does any anti-cheat tool for any game. If you don't think you ever seen anyone get hw banned from PB, go read the cheat boards.

renguard.com

That is an anti cheat program built by several community members that works better then punkbuster... Its made for the previous game I played C&C Renegade. Some don't like it, most do. Almost all of the larger cheats are blocked. There are a few that get missed and those are patched as soon as they become used.

Just if PB could work that well. They get paid so they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Linus
            hmm, interesting but moronic comment you made there..

how much work it takes to make an anti cheat tool?? Im guessing
            probably about the same as it did for the 'unprofessional' programmer
            to make the cheat... if the glorious and all powerful EA/DICE cant
            keep the game secure then they should stop trying with their silly server
            rules like the babysitter rule... (minimum player before game starts..)
            Then you obviously don't know how hard it is to make a cheat function in the game either if you think that just because some 'unprofessional' programmer has no talent. If it were that easy, everyone would be making them, and it is only a small handful of people that know how to do it.

If anyone is a moron here, it would probably be you for making a statement with no actual facts behind it, there is not a single game out there that is cheat free. And, if all it takes is the skill of any 'unprofessional' programmer, than go make me a top notch anti-cheat system, shouldn't take you too long. Get crackin, I look forward to your first release, I'm sure it will be perfect.

:laugh:

Originally posted by topdogger
            renguard.com

That is an anti cheat program built by several community members that works better then punkbuster... Its made for the previous game I played C&C Renegade. Some don't like it, most do. Almost all of the larger cheats are blocked. There are a few that get missed and those are patched as soon as they become used.

Just if PB could work that well. They get paid so they should.
            Too bad it is for a different game it looks like on mp's site, they have renguard cracked also.

Here is a recent release and excerpt from that site:

Change the radar mode to show none/team/all units at anytime you wish.

The Game2 Edition is for players who play C&C Renegade from Game2.exe (RenGuard users).

Works online and is RenGuard proof!

The closest thing I have seen to perfect, was TOST for Tactical Ops, and even that was far from perfect as it could still be bypassed. The good thing was, the UEngine supports redirect downloads, so even if it were your first time playing the game online and you joined a server that had it, it would automatically get downloaded to your game and it auto-updated itself on the client end. You didn't have to go visit their website first, you just joined and you got it whether you liked it or not, you could cancel out of the download, but you would also get disconnected from the server then. The only work that had to be done was by the server admins when they initially set the server up and any time a major update came out or a modular component was released. Being part of the TOST team was alot of fun also, I had a lot of good talks with cheat scripters and got to know 'why' they did what they did.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
              to all the posters here that say
              cheaters do not exist = well - either take your head out of your butt - or quit cheating
              In four years of playing BF and reading the forums I have never ever seen anybody post that 'cheaters do not exist'. I love the way people just make stuff up.

Compared to other games like COD, Far Cry and SOF, cheating is comparatively rare in BF.
              Let me ask you TopGunGreg, have you checked the stats of the players on the MBL?

Comment

Excuse me my lack of education on the matter. I had a conversation with a friend who was testing the hacks (talked abouts SWAT4, not BF2), he told that hacks were .dll files injected with the exe file. Heres my question, if the default game uses certain number of .dll files that have been injected, shouldnt an anticheat pull up red flags if the default number of .dll files injected has been passed? And successfully making it a very simple, primitive yet effective anticheat?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Excuse me my lack of education on the matter. I had a conversation with a friend who was testing the hacks (talked abouts SWAT4, not BF2), he told that hacks were .dll files injected with the exe file. Heres my question, if the default game uses certain number of .dll files that have been injected, shouldnt an anticheat pull up red flags if the default number of .dll files injected has been passed? And successfully making it a very simple, primitive yet effective anticheat?
                  Some people, they only inject into one file and into a certain part of the memory, usually one that is not in the scanrange of PB at the moment. Some people don't even do it by injection of the games files either, they use a different program to edit what is in memory on the fly so that the information that comes back to the game tells them that they can see further or see nametags longer etc. Others manipulate the functions of the rendering in the game or just plain old find a way to draw one layer up from the game (in a Teamspeak Overlay kind of fashion). There are tons of ways to get into a game, not all deal with dll injection of the game's core files.

A lot of the typical things that have been around since BF42 could be stopped if EA-Dice were to have it enforced on the serverside, so that no matter what you tell the game it would get over-ridden by the server. Just as a simple example of what I am trying to say:

Things like ammo count are enforced on the serverside, you could go into a server without Pure running and edit the ammocount on your side (in the files manmually) to say you have a 500 round clip, but the server would not allow that. Things like no-fog, you could change that on the client side by manually editing the mapfile to say FogDistance 5000, and the server doesn't do jack about it. For the most part, generally speaking, things that are enforced on the server end typically can't be manipulated, and this typically goes for memory editing also. But things like mouse inputs and the like, those can.

Good thing is, Content Check stops people from manually editing the files. Most people don't like making their cheats that way anyways. You can't turn it on/off, for starts, once you have the files in, their always on, you can't make adjustments on the fly etc.

EA-Dice could do something about the fog crap, and should, it's only one extra bit of information being sent back and forth, but they do have to put a limit on how many things they check or you would start jacking up the required bandwidth by an @ssload. The more checks you do in general (even on PB side), the more lag you start making, and with the amount of information being sent back and forth now, that is a lot of things to check and try to keep at a manageable size.

Not sure if I helped you any, or if I made it more confusing. But I tried to explain it as simple as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent_Bob_
                    PB never did its Job. Not in Americas Army, not in Couterstrike, and prolly never in BF2.
                    In my life i saw like 2 PB Bans and i play FPS online for years now.
                    Counter Strike uses Valve Anti Cheat not PunkBuster

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
                      Counter Strike uses Valve Anti Cheat not PunkBuster
                      I think they used to use PB, if I remember right.

Comment

Would that have been pre steam though? Because it's safe to say (although it isn't shown) that detection has improved since HL/CS became Steam only

Comment

The huge problem with Punkbuster detection is it takes too long before they drop the ban hammer. From the way I understand it, Punkbuster scans for cheaters for sometimes a month or two or MORE and silently logs said cheaters and then drops a mass ban on a few hundred or thousand people all at once. Only problem with that method is for those 1 or 2 or 3 months the cheater is still in the game they're ruining YOUR gaming experience. Punkbuster needs to be more aggressive in updating the banning code and ban much more frequently.

Comment

Too bad it is for a different game it looks like on mp's site, they have renguard cracked also.

Here is a recent release and excerpt from that site:

Change the radar mode to show none/team/all units at anytime you wish.

The Game2 Edition is for players who play C&C Renegade from Game2.exe (RenGuard users).

Works online and is RenGuard proof!

That one was already blocked if its the one I remember

Infact I think that was the one that was blocked less then an hour after it was released...

Comment

IVFluids, always good to get additional knowledge on the matter. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by topdogger
                                That one was already blocked if its the one I remember

Infact I think that was the one that was blocked less then an hour after it was released...
                                Heh, shows it as still working on their site (on mp's). Not to mention a bunch of other ones. If you know the site I am talking about, the C&C section is towards the bottom and they have a list of stickies there. That site is pretty good about listing things as 'detected' and 'not detected', they keep pretty up to date. They are that way with BF2/BF42/UT and everything else. UC also has a few in there.

The client-side of the application is a small executable that maintains a low-bandwidth connection to a master server which validates any mods or add-ons you want to use with Renegade. The RenGuard client scans all add-ons in your Data directory and reports back a unique number that identifies the file you're using. This is reported to the master server and your attempt to connect to the Renegade server is either accepted or rejected.

That is probably why the other cheats still work past RenGuard. It validates mods or addons to the game, not for memory hacks and injections. Reminds me a bit of the TOP addition by SabreWulf for TOST anti-cheat.

Originally posted by Leeham
                                Would that have been pre steam though? Because it's safe to say (although it isn't shown) that detection has improved since HL/CS became Steam only
                                Probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X