Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aimbot finds and shoots aimbot but kills BF2

Originally posted by IVfluids
    You guys have absolutely no idea how much work it takes to make an anti-cheat tool. Granted, PB could be better, but so does any anti-cheat tool for any game. If you don't think you ever seen anyone get hw banned from PB, go read the cheat boards.
    punk buster has yet to catch anyone using this know hack, only observant players have.

Comment

There is this cool thing called a UAV.

It makes that cool cover or concealment location worthless.

If you play the maps enough, you have a pretty good idea of common paths people take. For example, are they going to run across the open area, or stay close to cover and concealment.

Common sense wins!

DEDO

Comment

well have you told your friend to stop using dis aimbot?

Comment

I WANT AIMBOT....lol jk just the thought of haveing a upper advantage agianst some of these noobs on servers was making me excited. I dunno, hacking is hacking not mucch we can do about it. And why does EA aloow Aimbot?

Comment

i dunno if you guys know this, but tracking people through walls can be legit

it's more pronounced in say, cs/dod etc. where footstep sounds are louder, but you can hear them in BF2 as well. Basically, when you hear footsteps, you start looking at direction they're coming from, and try to figure out when the sound switches from headphones left speaker to right or other way around.

Only semi-reliable way (apart from PB catching a particular program) telling cheaters from legit players is viewing their first-person demos (being able to spectate in first person would help a LOT as well). I have no clue why BR doesn't record them, making it pretty useless in spotting cheaters, apart from very obvious ones (glitching inside walls, dropping 50 supply boxes etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by SteelWolf
              I must have owned alot of hacker out there if theres so many! Ive never really blamed anything on l33t hax!!11 before, blamed a few on macros though. I mostly chalk it up to UAV or lucky set of shots.

But there was an incident 2 days ago, some Sargeant killed me and a fellow soldier behind a sheet metal fence. I heard 8 shots and we both dropped. Sounded and felt a little artificial, but what can I do. Cant report him with out a HUD screenshot.
              I always shoot through Karkand's fences before assaulting in

Ican get1~2kills this way

cheap but useful

Comment

i saw a guy get caught hacking once
                even with it he was like number 12 down on the leaderboard anyway
                ppl that use them are crap players and even with them they still struggle

Comment

ewww, that google video showing **** aimbot is pretty crappy. i mean it takes the guy whole clips to get 1 person? pffft. the only advantage i see is being seen through walls n stuff.

[EDIT] We know the name. no need to mention it

Comment

Originally posted by Frogatron

Another thing I've seen is a player spawn wherever he wants on the map but only during 1 round so it may have been a glitch, but was damn handy as I was in the same squad spawning on him.
                    I have seen this too. The USMC guy was spawning on the PLA main base flag on Dragon Valley. He could spawn anywhere he wanted.

There are a lot of ppl using hax out there. Most don't make it obvious because thats the only way to get caught. Too bad EA doesn't care enough to use the technique described in the OP. (white hat)

Comment

YOu'd have to be living under a rock to think that tons of folks aren't cheating right now.
                      Come on guys.........if your a decent player, plays alot, and has a fairly decent head on your shoulders, oh.........and your not using cheats.......you know whats going on.
                      These guys that stand up and say, "NO ONE IS USING CHEATS, or HARLDY NO ONE USES THEM.............wow, personally i think these guys are the ones using them.............i mean think about it. YOu'd have to be retarded to think otherwise, and these guys........
                      think otherwise.
                      Sorry so harsh, but geez .............use your noggin.

Comment

Whether or not there are a lot of hackers, I still do well and have a good time so they don't bother me too much.

But yeah, it is hard to detect hacks. Like viruses, they will always be ahead of the tool. The tools are reactionary, rather than preemptive. It is hard to determine how they will exploit the game because if they knew this, they would have programmed it differently.

Hacks are a fact of online gaming. Sure, they suck and we need to do something about it. But no matter what you do, people will hack.

Comment

I think the # of people using aimbots is VERY low. First of all, I do believe that PB will catch all the pay ones. Even if, say, **** is punkbuster proof, it'll only be punkbuster proof for a short time. I'm pretty sure PB has some white-hat hackers that'll buy the aimbot, reverse engineer it, and get it blocked. MSX Security has been around for a while. PB catches it, but may not catch the newest one......yet.

So, my point is, 1, not that many people pay for hack, for fear of getting caught. Not that many people know other people who can code an AIMBOT.

What are there, probably a million BF2 players? If there are 2000 people using AIMBOTS, yea, that's a lot, but still way less that 1%.

[EDIT] We know the name. no need to mention it

Comment

I get accused of using aimbot while flying my jet...ahahhah

Comment

Completely agreed. All that cheating caused me to start playing expert SP.

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                              YOu'd have to be living under a rock to think that tons of folks aren't cheating right now.
                              Come on guys.........if your a decent player, plays alot, and has a fairly decent head on your shoulders, oh.........and your not using cheats.......you know whats going on.
                              These guys that stand up and say, "NO ONE IS USING CHEATS, or HARLDY NO ONE USES THEM.............wow, personally i think these guys are the ones using them.............i mean think about it. YOu'd have to be retarded to think otherwise, and these guys........
                              think otherwise.
                              Sorry so harsh, but geez .............use your noggin.

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka
                                Only semi-reliable way (apart from PB catching a particular program) telling cheaters from legit players is viewing their first-person demos (being able to spectate in first person would help a LOT as well). I have no clue why BR doesn't record them, making it pretty useless in spotting cheaters, apart from very obvious ones (glitching inside walls, dropping 50 supply boxes etc.)
                                I really don't understand why EA/Dice didn't include a first-person spectator mode into BF2. I admin'ed on a CS:S server for over a year and this was the most reliable method for detecting wallhacks/aimbots.

It could even be made so that only certain cd keys (administrators) to a server could be granted access to first-person spectator mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X