Aimbot finds and shoots aimbot but kills BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aimbot finds and shoots aimbot but kills BF2

I think macros are a much bigger problem. I just left a server where alot of players were flopping around and the animation wasn't even appearing it looked like they were hovering while prone. Admin kicked about 15 people in one round.

Comment

i thought aimbots were pretty useless in bf2 because of bullet deviation

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
        I see a LOT of people using single shot weapons now.

Comment

Guys, we know tha names of these places, dont mention them, since others may not, and not look for these things, so lets keep the talk of hack sites out of the conversation

Comment

I was playing on Mashtar the other day and had some guy hide behind a hill near the top MEC base and shoot thru it and kill me. I still got the gold and he still sucked what ya gonna do. I like to play to relax and have some fun and enjoy. If someone needs to cheat their lose.

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
              punk buster has yet to catch anyone using this know hack, only observant players have.
              pb runs by scanning what is loaded into memory and a very few select core files from the game.

you ever think that maybe this hack spoofs itself in memory as a legit program and that if they were to scan for it, it could give out a sh*t load of false positives. there is a hack like that for a different game, it won't get stopped because the user can select any program on their comp and have it run itself through that program (like notepad, windows paint, media player), so if they tried to scan for it in memory, you get the picture.

like i said, making a decent cheat protection isn't easy, I know, i used to help with an anti-cheat tool for a different game. http://tost.tactical-ops.de/imprint It's not as simple as most people think, especially when your trying not to get legit people trashed on by the gaming community for a false positive.

If it were that easy, you could code up a nice anti-cheat program that is better than PB for us. But it's not, that is why nobody has.

Originally posted by Zefram
              Bullet deviation really isn't much of an issue with aimbots. The other game that I used to play and help with on the anti-cheat side, that game had bullet deviation in it also. The good scripters even had distance checks in, when the deviation was too much, it wouldn't shoot or would auto-select a weapon that was more suitable. Any good coder can script things to compensate for bullet drop (because it is a constant, not a variable) and make them pretty efficient.

Comment

I've read it's virtually impossible to stop the **** hacks the way PB is coded at present. Supposidly every hack, and I mean all every one is recoded in the different way so PB can't recognise it.

I find it sad that people would take satisfaction in ruining the real players battle experience. That's all they are doing. Using the hacks to annoy people and taunt them. People who use hacks to boost their stats, well that's just lame and very nerdy, and those people should really get out more.

Comment

For the record, PB does not ban anybody it catches using hacks. Never has never will. What PB does is give them a 2 minute kick. If the server happens to be streaming the MBL, only than will that player be banned, but only from other servers that share the same ban list.

The only time PB will ban you and your hardware is if your trying to hack the PB program itself, which is completed different from using a hack. In that case You will get a hardware ban and that means you will not be able to play any game using PB.

Why only the 2 minute kick?

The game developers don't want PB to ban players as they want players to continue to play their games and continue to buy future games. If the game developers were serious about banning players using hacks they would be reseting the accounts of those who have been confirmed as using hacks on the MBL. As of yet they never have. The reason is obvious.

Evenbalance won't permanantly ban players using hacks because if they did they too would lose money.
                  As long as you don't mess with their program, they don't care.

Evenbalance staff have accounts and access to every existing hack site and get their hands on all the new hacks long before anybody else does. Of course they will not attempt the close down those sites since not only would it be too costly (dealing with international laws), but more importantly the hack sites are their bread and butter.

Comment

I have yet to come across a hacker. Yes, I've seen suspisious kills, but thats not going to stop me from having a good game.

Comment

Using a hack like this would be a good way to catch cheaters. People who continuously track others behind obstructions, all the game, would lose the excuse of a UAV or a Q-Spotted ID (the typical claims of botters). If I was admining, and had another "white hat botter" to watch my own team, I would definitely use this hack to monitor the server and ban players who were obviously using aimbots.

The main problem identifying an aimbotter is that you can't see him tracking you through an obstruction. So you have to have somebody else watching him, not an easy proposition in the middle of a firefight. With the aimbot, you could watch him yourself and move back and forth and experiment while protected by cover.

But there would be a number of problems:

1. You could get killed by somebody else while you are watching the suspected botter. So ideally you should be invulnerable.
                      2. You could get identified as an admin/bot spotter, so the guy with the aimbot would ignore you.
                      3. You couldn't kill anybody cause that wouldn't be fair to the noncheaters.

Society has people in it already who are allowed to cheat and break the laws to catch others, they are usually known as "police," but there are many other colorful appelations. This "white-hat" hacking could be an excellent addition to the game, but it could be abused by bad admins too.

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                      I have yet to come across a hacker. Yes, I've seen suspisious kills, but thats not going to stop me from having a good game.
                      Cheaters are not like bank robbers, they are more like the guy who accesses the bank computer system. He takes a few bucks from every person with an account. Nobody notices it or if they do, it is too little to bother about. But the cheaters get rich.

"We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil that we must fear even more....and that is the indifference of good men." The Boondock Saints

Comment

Anyway you slice it...if you have to find a way to cheat to get an advantage, you are cheating yourself from actually developing the skill to compete.

The sad part is that you make other players suffer. However, some of us just love to find a cheater and stick him in the neck....cough cough

I'll be looking for you

Comment

Originally posted by Online1-0
                          "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil that we must fear even more....and that is the indifference of good men." The Boondock Saints
                          "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

-Edmund Burke

I've run into what I believe was a hacker. I was playing on Warlord, turned down a street in an APC. The moment I turn into the street a tear gas bomb burst nearly in the distance fog. No large object was behind it that I could see before it burst.

Then, out of the tear gas cloud comes a stream of LAV25 shells and a TOW. Every single one hit me. I tried to take a screenie but instead of pressing Prt Scrn, I pressed F12. By the time I reoriented myself to take another screenie I was dead which speaks about the hack's accuracy.

Comment

with the introduction of UAV's it's made finding aimbots near impossible.

Comment

Hmmm, so, ultimately wouldnt it be great for an admin to have somesort of "wallhack"? I dont know much about BF2 adminning, but usually the admins on duty dont even play the game, how does it work? So they just watch the game. There was a hack for CS 1.6 that showed everyones angle of vision (where they looked at) in a red laser form. You could see all wallhackers if they tracked someone through the walls. What if an admin had such a tool by default?

Comment

for many many months - before I ever heard of those hack sights
                                I accused players of somehow cheating
                                I saw too many things that did not make sense
                                while not the best of player - I am observant
                                (as a former jet fighter pilot and trained as a test pilot = you 'learn' to detect anomalies)
                                well - after getting called tons of "names' in this forum - I did some research
                                1. PB only test for 'modified game files' - PB is too lazy to check programs preloaded in ram (not a hard thing to do)
                                2. Hacks do exist - bought a new game - made a new account = paid for 1 week of hack usage - and tested it
                                it worked ! man was I pissed off (but felt vindicated for all my earlier posts her e claiming they existed)

now before I get 'yelled' at for 'confirming they exist = and that now everyone will go looking for them - let me tell you what else we have done . . .
                                we enabled (for a while) - 'free cam' and I spent hours studying the movement of suspected cheaters in our server - and it was HARD work and VERY time consuming;
                                saw lots of good players, few great players. tons of DUMB players
                                some cheats were OBVIOUS - some , hmmm. were just hard to detect
                                then spent about a week learning how to set up Battle Recorder
                                (and for those admins out there that STILL cannot get it to work - yes - it was VERY hard if the server company is inept)
                                now I study the battle logs all the time
                                and can readily spot the 'obvious' cheater in game
                                if I am suspect of someone- I announce to all the other clanmates to watch for certain traits
                                if confirmed by at least one other guy - we kick - sometimes banned if we are certain

to all the posters here that say
                                cheaters do not exist = well - either take your head out of your butt - or quit cheating

are there many cheats out there?
                                my guess is TONNES of them (based on observation)
                                we used to see them (more than 1 per game)
                                but guess maybe (hopefully) word is out we police our server and keep it fairly clean
                                now, we see less than 1 per day = vs few per game
                                and to any we may have kicked in error
                                here is another public apology from me and from our clan
                                most have come to our forums, asked for an explanation, and, if after a finer review of the game logs - we might have been wrong = we unban them

do they 'effect' our game play= well sadly, we have just come to accept it
                                (yes- still hate it, but accept)
                                bw
                                w hate the cheaters far less than DICE/EA for its constant issuing of bad patches and this server crash BS = where they claim to know the answer an make us wait for a hotfix = pathetic way to treat 2 million users

Comment

Working...
                                X