• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retuner
    Guest replied
    Re: Macros, yay or nay.

Originally posted by gunitsoldier127
    let me put this as innoncent as possible.

a macro is like u design a real robot to press on a button mulitple times, like the purpose of ur robot is to press that 1 key on ur key board non stop, is that a cheat? i dont thinkso, now a macro, is just like that robot u design, but he is not a real robot, his a robot inside ur pc, thats pressing those buttons on ur keyboard non stop, to activate the real robot, u need batteries, to activate the robot in ur pc, u just run the exe and hold down the hot key and it does it. is it a cheat? i dont think it is, and its perfectly llegal since ur not hacking multiplayer servers to do it. is it an advantage, not for me. i have the autocliker for helicopters and i find it to agile. never use it.
    macro's can do stuff that is impossible to redo it with human hands
    so it's cheat

Leave a comment:

• AlphaCueUp
    Guest replied

NAY....anyone who says other-wise is a lame douche.....period end of story....get over it

i have spoken

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Redfield
    replied

Originally posted by gunitsoldier127

a macro is like u design a real robot to press on a button mulitple times, like the purpose of ur robot is to press that 1 key on ur key board non stop, is that a cheat? i dont thinkso, now a macro, is just like that robot u design, but he is not a real robot, his a robot inside ur pc, thats pressing those buttons on ur keyboard non stop, to activate the real robot, u need batteries, to activate the robot in ur pc, u just run the exe and hold down the hot key and it does it. is it a cheat? i dont think it is, and its perfectly llegal since ur not hacking multiplayer servers to do it. is it an advantage, not for me. i have the autocliker for helicopters and i find it to agile. never use it.
    Robot also erases the "human factor" or "human error" which is a base in PvP games, such as BF2. You take away that "Human error" factor in a firefight and youve got yourself an unfair advantage, labaled as a cheat.

Innocent enough for you?

Leave a comment:

• gunitsoldier127
    Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Redfield
    replied

You cant make thousands of clicks. Check a Battlerecorder file and youll see that clicking is extremely limited. You get a "smoother" and simplier pattern though. Better than manual clicking anyway.

Macro supporters best defense is that you can do it manually anyway. Well, you CANT do it perfectly each and every time. Youll leave no room for human error, which accounts for most deaths on the Battlefield 2 anyway. Macro is an unfair advantage which was never designed into the gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• XxSpudxX
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Repent
    A typical l33t players answer. How original. It's all because "your bad at bf2"....
    LOL, I'm a "l33t" player because I don't assume that everyone that knows how to crouch/prone/fire, or bunny hop uses a macro/hack? Please get over yourself, I'm not the one that uses numbers instead of words to type.

Oh and, good luck ever getting a job in the business world, where effeciency is key to success. "OMG LAWL LAWL h3 can typ3 without looking at the keyboard, HAX, HAX, MACROS fire him I deserve the job, kthnx bbq.

The complex binds that EA is talking about is someone using a macro to to click the mouse thousands of time in a few seconds while guiding the tv missile. And even then, the people that know how to play the game know that it only takes 8 clicks or so.

Leave a comment:

• Repent
    Guest replied

Originally posted by XxSpudxX
    blah blah blah, spew spew...blah blah...

Just get over it, simply because your bad at bf2 you have to blame non-existant hackers/macro users to try and explain why your stats are all in the red. Well guess what, macros don't aim for you, and they don't think for you. If you ask anyone that isn't horrible at fps games, unlike most of the scrubs that come on here to cry, they'll tell you that they'll rape a person even if they use macros, and those same people can prone/crouch, dolphin dive, switch seats in a cobra/fire then switch back without using a macro. The day you stop treating bf2 as a real life combat simulator is the day that you may actually have a 1:1 k/d ratio or higher.
    A typical l33t players answer. How original. It's all because "your bad at bf2"....

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

their are macros that make people dolfin dive but not all macros are that. most of them are just for making the character do things like laydown shockpaddle and standup. I just dont see the reason for the whole "macros are for cheaters" movement here.... i can do all the cheap techniques without macros, dolfindiving, c4 chucking. but i chose not to, and i obviously dont have macros to do such stupid things like that.

but whatever, you guys can cry and cry that people have things that you dont and nobody can do anything about it.. just boot the gay dolfindivers out of the server. most of my concern is about aimbots but it seems that punkbuster has that undercontrole.

Originally posted by XxSpudxX
    If the object of the game was changed to "have fun on an even playing field" from "winning" then maybe you could consider it a cheat. Of course then you would have to consider playing on all "low" graphic settings cheating, and having 100 constant fps.

I love how everyone complains about macros, all they are, are keyboard shortcuts... I mean you don't really type 101110011 when you want to type a letter/symbol, your keyboard/computer does it for you. So if you all have a problems with keyboard shortcuts(macros) then lets all just have two keys on a keyboard, a 1 and a 0, or better yet lets go back to punch cards. Then we'll see how well you fly your j10's

Unlike having an expensive pc which is only available to some, macros are available to all. Some people choose to use them, some don't.

Just get over it, simply because your bad at bf2 you have to blame non-existant hackers/macro users to try and explain why your stats are all in the red. Well guess what, macros don't aim for you, and they don't think for you. If you ask anyone that isn't horrible at fps games, unlike most of the scrubs that come on here to cry, they'll tell you that they'll rape a person even if they use macros, and those same people can prone/crouch, dolphin dive, switch seats in a cobra/fire then switch back without using a macro. The day you stop treating bf2 as a real life combat simulator is the day that you may actually have a 1:1 k/d ratio or higher.

YES, YES and always yes! next people are gonna cry because we can turn up sensitivity on out mouses and swing around in the tank faster.

but i like my grafics on all high (and some aa) because i can handle it easily.

but macros are just for better access, IF YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT A MACRO ITS NOT CHEATING!
    good day.

ps. i dont dolfin dive.

Leave a comment:

• XxSpudxX
    Guest replied

If the object of the game was changed to "have fun on an even playing field" from "winning" then maybe you could consider it a cheat. Of course then you would have to consider playing on all "low" graphic settings cheating, and having 100 constant fps.

I love how everyone complains about macros, all they are, are keyboard shortcuts... I mean you don't really type 101110011 when you want to type a letter/symbol, your keyboard/computer does it for you. So if you all have a problems with keyboard shortcuts(macros) then lets all just have two keys on a keyboard, a 1 and a 0, or better yet lets go back to punch cards. Then we'll see how well you fly your j10's

Unlike having an expensive pc which is only available to some, macros are available to all. Some people choose to use them, some don't.

Leave a comment:

• RavenRealms
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Repent
    You nailed it on the head there. When the game is unplayable, they'll move on to another game, and destroy it.

It also shocks me that there is more than 100 voters who say it isn't cheating. I wonder what percentage of them actually use macros. Cheating little kids.

Leave a comment:

• Repent
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
    This is the kind of crap that is causing Dice to nerf the game. It's not the occassional bunny hop, it's the hardcore macro kiddies.
    You nailed it on the head there. When the game is unplayable, they'll move on to another game, and destroy it.

Leave a comment:

• RavenRealms
    Guest replied

Definately cheating if you use them for combat. It is totally unfair on all the other players.

Originally posted by Loco_Bandito
    So if i got Volx on fraps doing his prone/crouch/jump EA would reset his account? Or do something? Becasue thats all he does and you cant kill him that explains there KDR when they are infantry.
    IF you got him on FRAPS and sent it to EA, my guess is that they would do something about it and wipe him. I know i've reported quite a few players for using exploits and they have been brought to justice.

Well done ROE.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Loco_Bandito
    Guest replied

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
    macros are against the TOS and EA has said so

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. Just to clarify, programs that allow complex bindings (adding multiple bindings to a single keystroke) would be a violation of the Battlefield 2 Terms of Service. I'll see about contacing someone at BF2RS to clarify this, although it may be that the person you say is gone now is gone after making statements like that, which run contrary to the Terms of Service.

At any rate, thank you for the report, and take care,

EA Rep Fenris
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts
    So if i got Volx on fraps doing his prone/crouch/jump EA would reset his account? Or do something? Becasue thats all he does and you cant kill him that explains there KDR when they are infantry.

Leave a comment:

• cantfinddeletebutton
    Guest replied

not cheating...

Leave a comment:

• imported_Loco_Bandito
    Guest replied

I thought DICE was going to put a delay in goin to prone. That would be the only way to eliminate it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X