• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elstonieo
    Guest replied
    Re: Macros, yay or nay.

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
    macros are against the TOS and EA has said so

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. Just to clarify, programs that allow complex bindings (adding multiple bindings to a single keystroke) would be a violation of the Battlefield 2 Terms of Service. I'll see about contacing someone at BF2RS to clarify this, although it may be that the person you say is gone now is gone after making statements like that, which run contrary to the Terms of Service.
    yeah but what happens to people who use macros how is it proved. its not like PB can do anything. I know some server admins that kick or ban for macro use but as for the rest i dont see how

Leave a comment:

• (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
    Guest replied

macros are against the TOS and EA has said so

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. Just to clarify, programs that allow complex bindings (adding multiple bindings to a single keystroke) would be a violation of the Battlefield 2 Terms of Service. I'll see about contacing someone at BF2RS to clarify this, although it may be that the person you say is gone now is gone after making statements like that, which run contrary to the Terms of Service.

At any rate, thank you for the report, and take care,

EA Rep Fenris
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts

Leave a comment:

• solofowaffles
    replied

i wouldnt liek a tv macro as i find clicking the easiest except when it has lag :/

Leave a comment:

• elstonieo
    Guest replied

i dont see any difference between people using macros and using a mouse with adjustable dpi. If thats what people need to use so be it but i think there sad. but then again i use a microsoft ball mouse so you can think im sad 2

Leave a comment:

• sassback
    Guest replied

imo, cheating. u cant jump and shoot but u can shoot with pin point accuracy while prone six feet in the air? however there is nothing more satisfying than humiliating some queer that killed 90% of ur squd while fish flopping.

Leave a comment:

• Consultant01
    Guest replied

It's the sort of thing where one bad apple ruins the bunch.

for every 10 macro users who use them innocently, there are one or two who use them to perform physical abilities in-game that they could not do otherwise.

Therefore, since it is impossible to distinguish between the two, the whole lot gets labeled.

Sad but true.

I'm about as honest a guy as you can find but if I had a G15 keyboard that could do such crazy maneuvers for me I would be darn tempted to just screw around with it and see what it felt like.

It's a cop-out and I know it... thats why i dont have a G15.... even though it would REALLY help me with my job.

Wait! I'll order a G15 as a business expense, pilot test it at home, claim it wasnt good and write it off!

SWEET!

Leave a comment:

• DosX
    Guest replied

Originally posted by lavadisk
    go up to the g15 forums and search for bf2. all of the macros they provide are legit and there is a funny post where somebody asks. "hey can you guys give me macros for dolfin diving and c4 throwing? " all the macros the guy provides say ALT+f4 and CTRL+alt+del
    Hey, My macro is becoming famous

C4 Chucking:

J - Down/Up
    I - Down/Up
    SPACE - Down/Up
    A - Down/Up
    M - Down/Up
    SPACE - Down/Up
    A - Down/Up
    SPACE - Down/Up
    L - Down/Up
    O - Down/Up
    S - Down/Up
    E - Down/Up
    R - Down/Up
    ENTER - Down/Up
    ALT - Down
    F4 - Down
    F4 - Up
    ALT - Up

Leave a comment:

• LahLahSr
    Guest replied

One must always expect that players will to and utilize any and all means to gain an advantage. Perhaps exploit is a better name for the poll.

Blame the game-makers for not closing this loophole - it is entirely predictable that there will be players to abuse the priviledge.

This, of course, is only exacerbated by the moronix point and stat system.

Cheers :-)

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
    I see this all of the time especially on Karkand. I have a standard keyboard, therefore, from this topic I have learned of macros, the G15 keyboard is cool though and I like it. But if im using the heli, I like to take out other helis myself, without an aid of a program or whatever. A. Makes you feel better that you did that and B. More fun, gets the adrenalin going if you like.
    totally! i love taking down other helis with rockets.

Leave a comment:

• Eternal-Souljah
    Guest replied

I see this all of the time especially on Karkand. I have a standard keyboard, therefore, from this topic I have learned of macros, the G15 keyboard is cool though and I like it. But if im using the heli, I like to take out other helis myself, without an aid of a program or whatever. A. Makes you feel better that you did that and B. More fun, gets the adrenalin going if you like.

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

i dont like things like that becuase they might reduce accuracy

Leave a comment:

• Beerman
    Guest replied

it wouldnt be a cheat, it would be a glitch or something of that matter. I dont do it cause of my DAO but People do it to me and I dont care.

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

yes, and i have a mouse that lets me ajust my sensitivity... OMG TANK SPIN AROUND AND HIT ME FAST HAX!!1!!11

Leave a comment:

• rcon0
    Guest replied

with some macro's you have a advantage over other players wich might not be considered cheating in some ways but still isnt fair

Leave a comment:

• Lavadisk
    Guest replied

look, macros. for me just help me be more organized. most people who use macros dont do c4 chucking exploit macros and dolfin diving. the "auto switch"
    is legit in my eyes becuase it can be done in game easily. ( I DONT USE IT NOR HAVE IT )

on my g15 i have 3 keys 6 keys for different views of the car or jet and can change positions.

go up to the g15 forums and search for bf2. all of the macros they provide are legit and there is a funny post where somebody asks. "hey can you guys give me macros for dolfin diving and c4 throwing? " all the macros the guy provides say ALT+f4 and CTRL+alt+del

Leave a comment:

Working...
X