• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidtherat
    Guest replied
    Re: Macros, yay or nay.

macros are, like all automatics, mosty helpfull

people use them, because they are better with them than without them. it is very simple. it is just like hax, with a slight difference, you dont have to be l33t suxor to be able to use macors, but in game like bf2, where player controls are complicated there are several actions that sinply work better with macro - enter a plane->nose cam, or switch to rear view - wait -nose cam. or enter vechicle - f2, or something that i'd use - enter chpper, switch to gunner, nose cam. and return form tv - nose cam.

and of course there are also much more interesting macros - like dive laming, bunny lamming, and my best, that i treid myself and felt dirty - one man bomber with tv guided missiles. this is f.. powerfull even without macros, but with macro, when all i need to do is to point a plane towards the target it is f.. rediculous

i consider macros cheating, period

Leave a comment:

• MAD_JIHAD
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
    Ok I have the ability to use them do to my board.
    I know how easy it is to do a couple things with them.
    My top 3 are..
    1. Prone-crouch-jump
    2. single man seat jumping 90-100% TV missle accuracy
    3. One I used, not great but fun..prone-shock paddle-revive-switch to gun-jump

So after using them for a bit..I felt dirty..I havnet used or attempeted to use them in a few months..
    But..as days go by and rounds pass..I see it alot..and I mean ALOT

So..is it cheating...should it be swept under the carpet..or should DICE figure a way to eliminate it?
    lol i can do all three of those with out macros. just press ctrl-z fast its easy...

Leave a comment:

• Cargoslug
    Guest replied

And I thought my mouse thumb button gave me an advantage.....:hmm:

Leave a comment:

• Red Devil
    Guest replied

The thing is, you can *tell* when someone is using macros. If you see someone moving faster than is humanly possible, it's a dead giveaway. And the ones using them are usually just spoiled, dumb kids used to Nintendo and fire button accelerators.

By the same token, you can also tell when people *aren't* using macros and they still beat you fair and square. To them, I just tip my hat and say, "Well done". For the others, I just realize that they are just children. Spoiled dumb children.

Leave a comment:

• Sloi sauce
    Guest replied

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    I can say I'm completely legit and proud of it, and it wouldn't have it any other way. When I kill somebody, regardless if I'm a medic, in an airplane, or in a tank, I know that it was purely my skill that awarded me with that kill and nothing else. I know at least for me if I was using a macro of some sort it'd make all of my victories so hollow. I could never ever play like that and enjoy myself.
    Exactly how I feel about it. You know what REALLY ****es me off ? Without fail, I will be accused of cheating within 5 minutes of joining a server if I do "too well" with the hellfires: it's Counter-Strike ALL OVER AGAIN for me!

Stupid cycle all over again: I get very good, people accuse me of cheating, I get tired of defending myself and play something else, I come back to the game and realize there's a bunch of hackers, move on to the next best thing, I get very good... etc.

It's f*ckin' depressing. :shakehead

Leave a comment:

• disfigured
    replied

If you think it through hypothetically, it becomes more clear that its a cheat.

Suppose a pilot designed one , a rather complex one, that caused his jet to fly loops and dive bomb a static position. Ala an ACC for example.

Get the jet in place, hit the macro, loop , fairly accurate bomb placement on deck, hit macro again. Sit back have a cup of coffee till you run out of ammo.

That's when everyone starts crying foul even the macro users.

If you split hairs about it only being used for this or that, eventually that supports some one else's argument for what I described above. Or something equally destructive.

It all started innocently enough to shorten the rather cumbersome task of typing messages in gamechat. Now it's flopping and diving and shooting and pretty soon it's what I described. But then it's too late.

As for being able to reproduce the more simple strokes. I doubt anyone can reproduce them with a 0% failure rate. It also allows your to concentrate on other things.

It's third party (the software), it gives you an advantage (unless your Data from STNG). Therefore it's cheating.

Leave a comment:

• Komet.nl
    Guest replied

If macros didn't give an advantage, they wouldn't be used! Duh...

Macros are cheating. Period. It's an unfair advantage, and players that use them obviously lack the requisite talent to play the game as it should be. You should get yourself an Atari 2600 and start over with Pong.

I guess that was a attempt at humor

Nah I don't know I myself don't use them though I got a G15 I think I'll be using them for other games in SP.. Ah there comes the flaming well w/e you may think I got a G15 but I don't use the macros only for a quick spot which can be done faster ingame though but I want to save my mouse..

~ Komet

Leave a comment:

• AlphaNut
    Guest replied

I wouldn't use any macros in BF2 since I think I can do better by pressing the keys. It comes quiet instantaneous, and keypresses are more of a reflex to me.

I use a g15, and have some vehicle view keys bound to the Gkeys. Other then that I wouldn't know what a macro would be good for in a fps since I don't do any of the bunnyhoppingc4tossinggrenadelaunchingfrompronejump ing stuff

Leave a comment:

• Painboy
    replied

I think some people think macros are not that bad because you can go out and buy a keyboard at Best Buy that does it and your not downloading a program off some shady website. I think this helps people "legitimize" it more.

While sometimes macros can be used to help get around poor game design, in an FPS, which is heavily reflexed based, it's defintiely cheating. To those who say "I can do the same thing with out a macro," whatever. You can't do it as consistently or precisely as it can. And if you somehow have more fingers than the rest of us then you shouldn't need macros anyway.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Mongo Only Pawn
    Guest replied

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]

My conclusion macros are not cheating as long as they don't give any advantage.

~KOmet
    If macros didn't give an advantage, they wouldn't be used! Duh...

Macros are cheating. Period. It's an unfair advantage, and players that use them obviously lack the requisite talent to play the game as it should be. You should get yourself an Atari 2600 and start over with Pong.

Leave a comment:

• Red Devil
    Guest replied

Absolutely it's cheating.

It's gaining an unfair advantage by making the game do something it wasn''t designed to do.

Leave a comment:

• Komet.nl
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Jumintiger
    It's definetely cheating. Most people '[/i]have to do their revives and such the hard way[/i]', as Z-click-Z-spacebar-W.

I don't like to think someone can do that sort of thing by just pressing for instance ALT.
    Which hard way? :laugh:

Really when I didn't had a G15 I still didn't had anything against macro's it arent' cheats or something because you can do them by normal they only make it more easier to do. Now I'm not saying that I use macro's such like Dolphin Diving.

Now I do have to agree that it can be annoying to know that someone else has the ability to perform actions in a one-click-action..

Though I won't change my opinion (That's were opinions are about this is a discussion board.) about the macro's..

I do find people who use macro's for Dolphin-Diving / Bunny-Hop / And other actions that really give an advantage over an other player weak..

I don't use them actually I don't even know what for only for spotting I'm not defending myself or something..

Hope people agree on this one

~ Komet

Leave a comment:

• Jumintiger
    replied

It's definetely cheating. Most people have to do their revives and such the hard way, as Z-click-Z-spacebar-W.

I don't like to think someone can do that sort of thing by just pressing for instance ALT.

Leave a comment:

• markan dorka
    Guest replied

As long as it can't be enforced at all, i'd rather not label it as cheating. Doing so creates more problems than it solves.

Here's another thing though. If all major LANs forbid macros (not sure if they already do) where it CAN be enforced, then those ppl who aim to play at highest levels are shooting their own foot if they use them .. since when money is on the line, they can't pull off same stunts as ppl who practiced to do all the stuff manually.

Mere existence of high-profile LAN tourneys work as pretty solid anticheat in many games. It's pretty funny though, when the cream of the crop have smaller percentage of cheating amongst them, yet they get most of the accusations

Leave a comment:

• -=KOF=-IVirusI
    Guest replied

Originally posted by lightningmaster
    WOW...I am far from being a techie and reading this just blew my mind!

Those who do this macro thing are just denying themselves the real SKILL required to manually play this game and be. This crap would not work on the paintball field!

IT IS CHEATING PURE AND SIMPLE! PERIOD!

*NYWW*Lightningmaster
    www.newyorkwebwarriors.com

That guy said it all for me, 100% agreement with him.

It's a pity that nothing really can be done to macros.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X