Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: No Vehicle option details

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
    Prediction: On all maps with a carrier, All boats will take off with one person in them, leaving everyone else to swim for it.

Off hand I cant remember how many people a RIB holds (5?). A 64 player Wake map, US side, you would need 12+ boats, just to fit evertyone....
    Why would you load enemy soldiers in the boats too? Doesn't 64 player maps mean 32 on each side? which would require six boats leaving the commander and an AA defender on the carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Online1-0
      Why would you load enemy soldiers in the boats too? Doesn't 64 player maps mean 32 on each side? which would require six boats leaving the commander and an AA defender on the carrier.
      Wake Island 2007 will be hell for USMC...I mean before you could have your squad leader jump out of a jet and you spawn on him when he lands...but now in 'Infantry mode'...gee wiz.

Too bad commanders can't drop RIBs when doing a vehicle drop over water...

Comment

Boats will be the new tanks, just less armor. Or I guess a better analogy is the old school Blackhawk. Why wouldn't you jump in a boat for the infinite ammo .50 cal gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
          Wake Island 2007 will be hell for USMC...I mean before you could have your squad leader jump out of a jet and you spawn on him when he lands...but now in 'Infantry mode'...gee wiz.

Any server admin in his right mind isnt going to set Wake as IO, it'll only be city maps its used on.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor

I don't think agree. Sure you can't have a squad leader bail out of a plane over the island, but US boats won't get constantly sunk by whoring J-10s, choppers, and tanks sitting on the beaches. And that critical first flag capture won't get smacked down by the arty god. I think Inf-only will make Wake a much more interesting battle.

But if they don't make this a ranked game option, I won't play it anyway, so I am not interested in wasting my time here until I know....

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
              Any server admin in his right mind isnt going to set Wake as IO, it'll only be city maps its used on.
              Which is why the 'Vehicle-Lite' option would be valid on EVERY map. Imagine Wake Island 2007 without jets, transport helicopters instead of attack helicopters, and heavy jeeps instead of tanks.

I think it would spark a whole lot of fun in ALL maps. Additionally all kits will still be useful. In the 'Infantry-only' option Medics will be godly and Engineers useless.

Comment

how are people still against this plan?
                it makes sense and it will please everyone not just a small minority
                Compromise and realise that saying no to this vehicle lite proposal is being completely selfish - either by wanting no vehicles at all or saying no to IO completely

Comment

This game is called Battlefield 2

Not Infantryfield 2
                  Not Counterstrike
                  Not Halo

I bought BF2 because I loved BF1942. Planes, tanks, jeeps, helicopters, infantry. I've had no problems with vehicles on maps, that's why I bought the game. I've had great infantry battles, tank battles, dogfights, etc. I've also destroyed my fair share of tanks and aircraft with AT, C4, TOW, and AA as infantry. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE IN THERE!

Please do not change the damage stats with the weapons, increase the GL damage radius, and leave vehicles on all maps.

NO TO INFANTRY ONLY!!!

Thank you DICE for making a wonderful game to date (although the vehicle drop in 1.3 was a poor implementation). Please do not change the identity of this game and the characteristics that have made it great.

Comment

Hey guys,
                    I find I am a bit vague on how much of this discussion is based off play experience on different maps using the new option and how much of it is based on speculation.

I am speaking with the designers and the question I cant answer is "Which maps have they tried and how many rounds etc etc...?"

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                      how are people still against this plan?
                      it makes sense and it will please everyone not just a small minority
                      Compromise and realise that saying no to this vehicle lite proposal is being completely selfish - either by wanting no vehicles at all or saying no to IO completely
                      How about calling it "Infantry & Transport Only" option, or "ITO" for short. And APCs are not classified as "transport" because they are mostly used as support armor in games. That would eliminate arty, fixed wing assets, attack helicopters and armor. Or just call it a "no-whoring" server for short.

Comment

How about commenting on how allowing 'infantry only' to be ranked will simply lead to further splitting of already split community.

Leaving infantry only as unranked will place the freedom of balance and decisions in the hands of server admins and will allow the dev team to relax on having to find that perfect set of settings.

The community is NOT going to agree on this one.

Leave BF2 as a BATTLEFIELD game by keeping Infantry Only as unranked.

Comment

CKMC, the Vehicle-Lite option proposed is the best way forward. Large maps are just not any good when there's no transport whatsoever. Leave everything else (damage, sprint, etc) as it was and include/leave the light vehicles and we have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                            How about commenting on how allowing 'infantry only' to be ranked will simply lead to further splitting of already split community.

Leaving infantry only as unranked will place the freedom of balance and decisions in the hands of server admins and will allow the dev team to relax on having to find that perfect set of settings.

The community is NOT going to agree on this one.

Leave BF2 as a BATTLEFIELD game by keeping Infantry Only as unranked.
                            your word is NOT the full community view.. i for one would like to see it ranked and so would MANY others

Originally posted by DrJambo
                            CKMC, the Vehicle-Lite option proposed is the best way forward. Large maps are just not any good when there's no transport whatsoever. Leave everything else (damage, sprint, etc) as it was and include/leave the light vehicles and we have a winner.
                            This seems to be looking like the best option.

Why are some ppl so set against this mode? i mean itll be a choice.., like if you play AF/EF/SF..., its a choice. Its not like your going to be FORCED to play these servers.
                            The community is already split with the expansions.., but STILL they ALL play bf2 sometime? yes we all keep coming back to it its NOT going to phase bf2 vanilla out all together for god sake!

IMHO i think its great they have offered us this.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
                              Hey guys,
                              I find I am a bit vague on how much of this discussion is based off play experience on different maps using the new option and how much of it is based on speculation.

I am speaking with the designers and the question I cant answer is "Which maps have they tried and how many rounds etc etc...?"
                              People are not going to play something they don't like the sound of

Most people are very positive to the Infantry-Orientated Proposal of simply removing all armour, jets, attack helicopters and artillery and replacing them with heavy transports, light transports, transport helicopters and transport ribs. No other changes are needed or wanted

The DICE proposal for IO has failed
                              The community proposal for IO will succeed
                              there shouldn't even be any doubt about implementing the Vehicle-lite option at this stage
                              What you should be finding out instead is whether people want it ranked or not - probably something you should start by having a poll in a new thread

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman
                                your word is NOT the full community view.. i for one would like to see it ranked and so would MANY others
                                ..and neither is yours.

This could have EASILY been a user created mod.

Now the dev team is wasting precious time on THIS instead of balance and bugs. I would much rather hear that Colin and his crew are working on balancing the vehicles in the game and fixing old bugs rather than hearing that they are all sitting around wondering how the community likes this NEW FEATURE that we didn't ask for.

Comment

Working...
                                X