Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Vehicle option details

Hi Guys,
    Please review the no vehicle option details below. Hopefully this helps people understand and enjoy this feature a bit more.

No vehicles – We removed vehicles to change up the manner in which the game it played. This places more focus on how players strategize their movements and also reinforces player skill (i.e. accuracy, etc).

Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire.

Commander without Artillery or Vehicles

Longer spawn time – The long respawn also creates an incentive to change up the manner in which the game is played. There is a greater consequence on death. We also saw the need to slow the pace of the game down somewhat in order to increase the intensity.

Longer Revive Time – This helps to compensate for the long spawn time. With 30 seconds of revive time, there is a greater chance to be revived. This is also beneficial since there is a greater need to revive players. The extra time also allows for medics to give some thought as to when to revive a player. Medics can allow dangers to pass then revive a player rather than being required to rush into danger.

Reduce health pack replenish – This is a rebalance of the medic class to prevent exploits created by the reduction in damage.

RIBs & Parachutes left in game – Some maps require water transport or parachutes to work.

TOW missile left in place

-DICE Staff

Re: No Vehicle option details

"reinforces player skill (i.e. accuracy, etc)."

So using vehicles takes no skill?

"commander with no artillery or vehicles"

Whats the point of being commander then?

I understand its just for the no infantry mode....but still

Also, I havent tried it yet, but say you are on Wake Island, and obviously the carrier and small island are the only starting spawn points of the USMC. You would have to use the boats to get to land correct? That should be pretty cool, invading the land with the boats much easier than before should make a cool battle. I just feel the infantry play in BF2 is not its strong point with problems like spotty hit detection and clumsy stand-to-prone movements

Comment

i donbt know about that longer revive time.

Comment

Well it is a real downer to a fire fight when you are pounded from the sky.

Vehicles take quite a bit of skill. I recognize this as I am a terrible pilot.

Just some players like to stretch their legs and run around a bit without the fear of traffic running them down.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
          "commander with no artillery or vehicles"

Whats the point of being commander then?
          To help your team win o.O

Also if you totally suck at infantry you'll have to be commander to get points.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
            Well it is a real downer to a fire fight when you are pounded from the sky.

Vehicles take quite a bit of skill. I recognize this as I am a terrible pilot.

Just some players like to stretch their legs and run around a bit without the fear of traffic running them down.
            I know, I just edited my post stating how cool it would be to invade islands using the boats. Finally a purpose for those boats! :laugh:

EDIT: Wait, infantry only is only for Road to Jalalabad or every map?

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo
              i donbt know about that longer revive time.
              Try it out and let us know. We want to make to make sure this patch kicks butt

Comment

Where is the best place for critique? The sticky on this forum makes it sound like it's only for error reporting. Should we also include critiques in that thread as well?

Comment

O, CKMC, since you are giving us the info about the new game mode, what about any other changes?

I havent seen any changelog yet, so I'm not really sure what to look for.

I've heard some reports that F35b was tweaked and/or Air to Air missile code was tweaked and/or J10 was tweaked but I havent been able to try this myself.

Any word on the fixes/changes we should be looking for?

Comment

Still no one has answered;

Will Infantry Only be available on ranked servers? Yes or No will suffice!

Comment

Questions
                      Is UAV and Scan still ingame?
                      Are heavy and light transports still ingame? (there damn well should be - transport choppers should stay as well if you do intend to keep them as they currently are in 1.3)
                      Is infantry mode on every map?

Now to the criticism...
                      Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire.
                      You should not be changing the damage AT ALL. It should be BF2 with no combat vehicles. Why on earth would you guys make things more complicated than they need to be. Besides most people reckon (myself included) that it takes TOO LONG and TOO MANY BULLETS to kill a hostile. If anything the damage should be upped and most will agree. The biggest liability that DICE has when it comes to gameplay is thinking realism is bad. The reason that BF2 is so popular is because it is so close to realism - the silly unrealistic choices and decisions that have been added ingame annoy players not reassure them.
                      Commander without Artillery or Vehicles

Longer spawn time – The long respawn also creates an incentive to change up the manner in which the game is played. There is a greater consequence on death. We also saw the need to slow the pace of the game down somewhat in order to increase the intensity.

Longer Revive Time – This helps to compensate for the long spawn time. With 30 seconds of revive time, there is a greater chance to be revived. This is also beneficial since there is a greater need to revive players. The extra time also allows for medics to give some thought as to when to revive a player. Medics can allow dangers to pass then revive a player rather than being required to rush into danger.

Reduce health pack replenish – This is a rebalance of the medic class to prevent exploits created by the reduction in damage.

RIBs & Parachutes left in game – Some maps require water transport or parachutes to work.

TOW missile left in place
                      this I am fine with and almost everyone else is too.
                      Just don't make a mess of things by pretending you know what people want
                      Players just want BF2 as it is with an infantry only mode with no armour and no aerial assets and no artillery. That is all. Adding ANYTHING else is begging for trouble and IS NOT WANTED.

BTW if this mode is ranked I WILL cry. BF2 is awesome and infantry mode is a free gift to the clans for their competitions as reward for hosting servers. Making infantry only mode ranked would cheapen Battlefield beyond recognition. It should be an unranked gametype like coop - it cannot be anything else simply by the gameplay that will exist

Comment

What about the new map and the other maps without carrier in 64 player with no infantry? If you are U.S. is a long walk to the first flag. Atleast some jeeps and buggys would be fine. But walking all the way to first flag if your team get killed is all that walking again.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                          this I am fine with and almost everyone else is too.
                          Just don't make a mess of things by pretending you know what people want
                          Players just want BF2 as it is with an infantry only mode with no armour and no aerial assets and no artillery. That is all. Adding ANYTHING else is begging for trouble and IS NOT WANTED.

I fully agree with this, why add all this extra stuff that no one wants when all you had to do was remove all the vehicles? (bar a few transports)

Comment

better get to swimming

Comment

I don't like this one. I think, it will only allow players not to make decisions and bunnyhop their way thru everything.

Everything else sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                              X