Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASE is DEAD. Long live QTracker! (v4.51 released)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The All-Seeing Eye is DEAD. Long live QTracker! (v4.31 released)

Originally posted by Talus
    Yeah..I WAS sad ... until I found Qtracker

I should have made that more clear
    But can Qtracker filter out the different versions of the game? There're still lots of servers running older version. I say ASE has better filter features. Maybe Qtracker has it too but i haven't found out. Some1 plz light me up.

hehe here:
    nice filters
    http://www.qtracker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=610

Comment

So I guess you answered you own question?

Yeah, you can create pretty much any filter you want but those BF2 filter packs pretty much give you exactly what ASE used to.

PLUS...the Qtracker filter engine is only going to improve and will result in some pretty great custom filters. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by fore a lot
        But can Qtracker filter out the different versions of the game? There're still lots of servers running older version.
        yes. my filter pack in my sig has filters for all versions - except for 1.4 which I havent added yet.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

• Re: The All-Seeing Eye is DEAD Need new server browser

Originally posted by ptegan
          I can confirm that Qtracker is working perfectly since it was updated to work with patch 1.3

It works much the same way and probably has more powerful filters than ASE.

http://www.qtracker.com

Where did you find all those filters,,,I cant find em.

Thanks

Skudd

Comment

Originally posted by Skuddbuster

Thanks

Skudd

I can't find em either?

I downloaded Qtracker after i read this post about a month ago and i have to agree that its awesome. I can't believe that yahoo ruined ase.

Comment

Originally posted by Skuddbuster

Thanks

Skudd
              right here:
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

i have never heard of qtracker :-(

Comment

Now you have...so go out and try it

Comment

Can you search for map rotations?

Is there a way to see servers by maps in rotation, i.e. AF/Vanilla maps?

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                      SWEET!!!!!! Thanks for the link.......

Like i said before, I had ase and couldn't do anything with it........then i read this link on total bf2 and downloaded it. Qtracker rocks.....i especially like the player watch cause i can see the server that my friends are playing on and load in using Qtracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                        Can you search for map rotations?

Is there a way to see servers by maps in rotation, i.e. AF/Vanilla maps?
                        Not really. You can though filter out all the AF servers and then create a group for all those running BF2 standard maps at the time of filtering. Do this a few times in the day and you should soon have a full list of AF servers running AF/BF2 maps.

Comment

After reading some posts in the Qtracker forums and here, I managed to set my fav filters, and it works great.
                          But still... It takes like 3-4 minuts to find the servers, refresh and ping (6800-7000~ servers), and i'm afraid it's a little bit heavier the old ASE.
                          I guess if ASE will be back to normal i'll use it instead of QT.
                          Aslo QT isn't very stabe, one time I get 1500 servers and the second time I get only 5.
                          I just need to get used to it, u know

Comment

There's no reason to refresh ALL the servers if in reaity you only ever play on the ones with the lowest ping.

I tried a full refresh. Then took 400 servers with the lowest ping into a new folder.

Now it only takes about 15 seconds to update my folder of 400.

Comment

Yeah, basically you are right. But every time you refresh and ping only your 400 servers folder, the number of them is reduced, because some of them might break the filters rules. So eventually you'll need to refresh the whole list again.

Comment

Qtracker is smarter than that

Comment

Working...
                                X