• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Petition keep squad hopping in Battlefield 2

Petition signed.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
      I Personally think we should all stop crying (Me included) and wait and see what the patch delivers.
      We've all made our points and anything more is just apeculation.
      the thing is you are posting in a thread asking for petitioners to support the keeping of squad hopping the way it is, not in a thread asking for debates on the topic.
      Originally posted by Angry Old Man
      Just check this petition out and giv it some thout an sign it.
      The link to it is:
      www.bf2.se/petition/

Pleas spred this one to other BF2 forums
      (i wonder if its possible to make a thread asking for only positive feedback... and receiving only it) he didnt ask for everyone to come in here and rebuke him, and argue with his petition, which should have been taken to another thread. obviously, you will never get a majority to vote on this issue, or agree. if EA changes it, good for them. it must feel good to ruin different aspects of the game where the majority hasnt asked for it.

Comment

yea i agree gotta keep most of the customers happy but , BF2 right now is starting to be taking more serious in the competitive world , if this feature is taken away bf2 will not last for years , it will die out in completive way , and not be huge potential to games that lasted for years in competitive like CS, Unreal and other games. - if you want to read more about this issue - > http://www.sesoclan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60#60

Comment

wow.. people talking about competitive bf2 and begging for squad hopping to be left in. This feature being removed would require clans to plan out attacks MORE and also make the squad leader more of an asset instead of a disposable unit.

being that you play bf2 competitively this feature being removed will effect EVERYONE, and here you are complaining about having to be strategic and act like this will only effect YOUR clan.

the squad structure as is, is retarded anyways... a private can send orders to a master gunnery sgt. WTF is that!? this however is a feature i'd love to see removed. I'm sick of some gay ass squad overpowering a flag point merely because they can and DO squad hop. Which might i remind you is a tactic that reverts this game back to being a straight run n' gun POS instead of the teamwork driven strategic FPS that it's supposed to be.

so if you like squad hopping don't patch to 1.3 and stop playing competitively while the rest of us adapt and enjoy the new feature.

Comment

Originally posted by SyNn3R
            wow.. people talking about competitive bf2 and begging for squad hopping to be left in. This feature being removed would require clans to plan out attacks MORE and also make the squad leader more of an asset instead of a disposable unit.

being that you play bf2 competitively this feature being removed will effect EVERYONE, and here you are complaining about having to be strategic and act like this will only effect YOUR clan.

the squad structure as is, is retarded anyways... a private can send orders to a master gunnery sgt. WTF is that!? this however is a feature i'd love to see removed. I'm sick of some gay ass squad overpowering a flag point merely because they can and DO squad hop. Which might i remind you is a tactic that reverts this game back to being a straight run n' gun POS instead of the teamwork driven strategic FPS that it's supposed to be.

so if you like squad hopping don't patch to 1.3 and stop playing competitively while the rest of us adapt and enjoy the new feature.
            i'm pretty sure alot of people who play competitively wouldnt like it , but would adapt , yes it would take ALOT more work , but it will cause the game to be more boring , cause the matches to be longer , cause players to stay more separated , harder to sticking together , since the maps are big and not CS small, it will be 10x harder or nearly impossible to keep the team together, in 1 area (unless we got a squad leader sitting around that area of course), if you want realism just go play SWAT games , BF games will never be realism, if you take all the good features like this out , it will cause alot of clans to not be attracted to the game competitively, and cause the game to not be very popular , which i wouldnt like to see , i would like to see BF2 beating out those crappy CS games that have been king of competitive world for over 10 freaking years! Its time for a new king , which is the BF series needs to take over the competitive world now! .. without this feature it will slow down the competitive world in BF2 ALOT i'll bet you on that!

Comment

I wonder how many peopel will sign it before EA gets a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                I wonder how many peopel will sign it before EA gets a clue.

They'll never get a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakekilla
                  i'm pretty sure alot of people who play competitively wouldnt like it , but would adapt , yes it would take ALOT more work , but it will cause the game to be more boring , cause the matches to be longer , cause players to stay more separated , harder to sticking together , since the maps are big and not CS small, it will be 10x harder or nearly impossible to keep the team together, in 1 area (unless we got a squad leader sitting around that area of course), if you want realism just go play SWAT games , BF games will never be realism, if you take all the good features like this out , it will cause alot of clans to not be attracted to the game competitively, and cause the game to not be very popular , which i wouldnt like to see , i would like to see BF2 beating out those crappy CS games that have been king of competitive world for over 10 freaking years! Its time for a new king , which is the BF series needs to take over the competitive world now! .. without this feature it will slow down the competitive world in BF2 ALOT i'll bet you on that!
                  Battlefield should not betray it's roots. The Battlefield Conquest gamemode was never "arcade only" like Quake or Unreal Tournament Deathmatch. It was one of the few games where true team coordination was needed besides aiming and reflexes. Still DICE called it "arcade" because of several things.
                  Squadhopping completely got rid of this gameplay factor unfortunately, because squadhopping can completely replace the realistic (OH NO I said the R-word) teamwork that was required to be successful in all previous Battlefield games.

Comment

and still... that is your opinion.

Comment

And the dev's opinion obviously

Comment

so with that mentality i guess every change that comes down the pike, you will just agree with in the same manner.

a feature or not, it has become and was a big draw to bf2. i am not really worked up about the whole thing, i just would rather see it not changed. i shouldnt have to have a reason to deny the change other than the fun factor will drop for me, and many more. we have no way of knowing just whether the majority is for or against the change in the first place. to me, i will not have a problem with the change... BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Comment

i'm a clan member and i think the change will be good, i've hardly even done squad hopping unless it, under extreme conditions, where i really want to capture a flag w/ a lot of guys there, but, its still just a game everyone, don't get ur laces in a knot over EA possibly taking it out; the new challenge will challenge us all, and will provide a more parallel setting in comparison to the original Battlefied games

Comment

I've signed the petition and moved on. Its not going to change. I heard the same thing when the "awp delay" was put in for CS. People were crying that it was the end of the AWP, and thus the end of the competitive gaming for CS.

Guess what. It wasn't.

People will learn to live with whatever changes are made. If they don't, they'll move on. But don't kid yourselves into thinking that this will end competitive BF2. Any serious team will either adapt or move on, and for every team that leaves, another one will fill the vacent spot.

I do hope that it works, but i'm a realist, not an optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by framed.ca
                              I've signed the petition and moved on. Its not going to change. I heard the same thing when the "awp delay" was put in for CS. People were crying that it was the end of the AWP, and thus the end of the competitive gaming for CS.

Guess what. It wasn't.

People will learn to live with whatever changes are made. If they don't, they'll move on. But don't kid yourselves into thinking that this will end competitive BF2. Any serious team will either adapt or move on, and for every team that leaves, another one will fill the vacent spot.

I do hope that it works, but i'm a realist, not an optimist.
                              Nicely stated.

Comment

Finally, about damn time they nerfed squadhopping. The whole thing goes against what BF2 was trying to look like in the trailer and all other publcations before it was released.

Clan types.. hah. Seriously.. just stop. Most of you will do anything to win a match, including exploiting and other "lame" behaviour. I dont care if you "pwn" with it, i just want to play the game with my friends, in the way it was MENT to be played, and not in some retarded bunny/squadhopping arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X