Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Petition keep squad hopping in Battlefield 2

Originally posted by MrBrown
    @Krysiss: You know, sometimes 2 opinions can outweigh 6.000 opinions - sometimes quality wins over quantity
    Except in cases like this - where the majority determine quality. Since they are trying to please the BF2 community, the majority is - in their eyes - quality.

The simple fact of the matter is they are changing the game. I think patches should be used to fix bugs, not make more by major changes to gameplay. If they weren't changing major aspects of the game, perhaps we could finally get rid of the red tag bug, which I saw just yesterday. Wasn't that supposed to be gone in the last patch? Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Krysiss
      @Mrbrown..

Why would you not give a shot and start a petition
      you will get wargimps vote. so that would make 2 votes
      Hell get mine aswell. I still havent seen any good reasons to keep squadhopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        Hell get mine aswell. I still havent seen any good reasons to keep squadhopping.
        and that make 3 votes

still haven't seen any good reasons omg ahahh, I suppose your are for 80% blind or something

Comment

~ 60.000 people playing BF2 AFAIK
          ~ 6.000 people having signed that petition...
          Majority, huh?
          And no, I won't setup my own petition
          Oh my god. It's like talking to a brick wall.

6,000 signatures + 10's of thousands others who don't complain

vs

The forums moaners. Couple of hundred. maybe a thousand!

Go figure.

I think the majority of people just plays the game as it is. The majority of people will install the patch, and half of them won't even notice you cannot squadhop because they never did. The majority of BF2 players doesn't participate in forums, discussing issues with other people, signing petitions, they just PLAY. And they will continue to play.
          So once again, why change it in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMango
            vs
            Hmm,. what it goes like this?
            Those 16k who do like to keep the SH
            VS
            16k+(X>1) players who like that SH goes away

There are too many people playing and not caring that we could colect a general opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMango
              Oh my god. It's like talking to a brick wall.

vs

Go figure.

So once again, why change it in the first place?
              Speculation at best.
              You have absolutely no idea haw many of those 10's of thousands of people are for or against.
              Don't criticize someone for speculating when that's all you can do yourself.

Comment

Speculation at best.
                You have absolutely no idea haw many of those 10's of thousands of people are for or against.
                Don't criticize someone for speculating when that's all you can do yourself.
                In general, 90% of people that are pised off about something in bf2 do what they always do, come to a forum like this one and then complain about it.

I wonder...how many complaints here at tbf2.com have we EVER seen about squadhopping? Maybe....1?

Comment

^^^Exactly.
                  Which if people would use some logic would mean that this is something they've either planned on dealing with anyway AND/OR they only recently became aware of how it was being used and decided to change it now.

We've been saying all along that the SL feature was never meant to be used this way. The fact that no one was complaining about it and yet EA/DICE is changing it supports that theory. They don't care that no one was complaining. It doesn't fit their idea of the use for the SL spawn. Period.

The problem is when people get all over excited...logic goes out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
                    The fact that no one was complaining about it and yet EA/DICE is changing it supports that theory. They don't care that no one was complaining. It doesn't fit their idea of the use for the SL spawn. Period.
                    Wrong EA/Dice litterly does what ever they want on a whim look at when the missle count was droped on the attack helis no one ever asked for that i never read any complaint threads on any forum on the net EVER untill the director of sales or some crap like that said i know lets drop the missle count.

Comment

lol squadhopping *removed*

Comment

Originally posted by Krysiss
                        and that make 3 votes

still haven't seen any good reasons omg ahahh, I suppose your are for 80% blind or something
                        I took my time and read it. And no, none of them are good enough. I believe that the change will bring the game closer to a tactical game. I mean- battle starts at the moment you spawn, not at the moment you spawn at an enemy flag.

So far peoples best argument has been "I dont want to walk all the way to the action.". Not a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                          Wrong EA/Dice litterly does what ever they want on a whim look at when the missle count was droped on the attack helis no one ever asked for that i never read any complaint threads on any forum on the net EVER untill the director of sales or some crap like that said i know lets drop the missle count.
                          You're making as big an assumption as you think I'm Making.
                          Yes the Helo missile count was an unforseen change but that doesn't mean that's the case this time.

I Personally think we should all stop crying (Me included) and wait and see what the patch delivers.
                          We've all made our points and anything more is just apeculation.

Comment

Many clans will give up on this game instead of adopting to it. It is stupid to go ahead and change something that was in the game for almost full year.
                            You can like it or dislike it but you learned to play with it and now they say "**** it was bad idea in first place". Dice and EA can go to hell with their constant experimenting. I don't have a stomach for it anymore.

FIX THE GLITCHES
                            MAKE PLANES EQUAL

and then leave this game alone. No squad hopping and I will never touch this game anymore.

Comment

lol ive been refreshing the page with the petition on every couple of minutes and its just keeps jumping up 6525 now

Comment

Sorry only read the first couple of pages... and I didn't see what exactly they are changing to remove "squad hopping"

My opinion:

Most actual uses of squad hopping is fairly lame, though there are a few decent uses.

If SL leave a squad when they die and then rejoin so an alive member can be the spawn point. LAME! The purpose and fun of being SL is to position your men to take an objective, to stay alive so they can spawn in on you and continue their attack. Part of the skill of being a SL is NOT DIEING and stay hidden!!!! Part of the skill in defending a point is to find and kill the SL so the enemy has to return on foot or vehicle... This type of hopping removes any and all skill of being a good SL and essentially brings the SL role down to that of just a spawn point. May as well just allow you to spawn on any member of your squad if you are not against this type of squad hopping.

Player is hopping from squad to squad between deaths to support different squads current objective.... OK! Squads are limited to 6 players, having 1 or 2 spawn in and help isn't going to kill anything and actually using this type on strat effectively shows a good amount of teamwork both in squad and by the team as a whole. Making this tactic effective enough to turn the tide of a battle shows that the team is communicating about the best you can and that everyone is doing their part to get their jobs done.

Joining a squad, spawing then leaving and forming your own squad. LAME!!! If you can' get 5-6 squad leaders to an area or off a boat then you have other problems then a change in squad hopping rules... Though this is a sneaky and inventive way to use the squad based system it is just plain obvious this was not the intention of the game creators. This is not star trek where you can beam 32 players from helo.... thankfully on public servers using this tactic is not easy to do, most public players are not observant enough to notice the massive spawns of SLs in a different area, myselft included.

Since I did not see how EA intends to limit squad hopping... I would say a fair way to accomplish this would to NOT allow leaving and joining the same squad until you have died at least once. This will prevent the SL hopping in the first instance and I believe the last example is fairly rare on a public server and on private matches easy to spot and create rules for.

FYI: Just last night I joined a squad that wanted to SL hop so they always had a SL to spawn on... I left the squad immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X