Clear All

Re: Petition to save Battlefield 2

Let's have a war
    hoppers vs anti-hoppers

who would think who will win the game.

I think hoppers, they have better teamwork

Comment

This fix would have been great if it was in the early states of BF2. Now everyone is so used to the gameplay it might very well kill the clan community. And YES it does make a difference there, the one big reason to that so many clans still play BF2 today is that the game is so fast, all thanks to squadjuming.

Yes, I'm aware of that almost all members on this forum isn't playing in any clan but I fail to see what could possibly be the problem with having this as a server setting? Most ranked servers would probably have this setting to lock squadjumping, and you will help the whole clan community.

Comment

Originally posted by BF2se|SharkBaiT
        it might very well kill the clan community.
        Bollocs!! Where are the clans gonna go to squadhop now then? CS?
        If a clan dies cause they cant squadhop, they dont deserve to live in the first place. If they cant live with changing strategies, they wont win anything at all.

Comment

hardly think this is going to kill BF2, just change the way you play big shame.... I don't squad hop and I get along fine in BF2

Comment

Use it or complain about it, It's a feature implented into a game, If the opposing clan is using it, if its so dastardly, use it yourself against that clan, I see no problem with it during ranked, it emphasis teamwork, makes you help about where you can and it sure beats spawning and walking a long way, and don't give me that "It doesn't require skills" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroser
              no stupid (sorry for name calling)
              if you played bf1942 you will know, there will be only more spawnraping.
              in bf2 is not so big because you surive with your squad much longer then in bf1942, so instead covering the spawns they go for the flag more.

so the game would be linair again like as bf1942
              So you say BF2 without squadHOPPING will play like BF1942?
              You could STILL spawn at the squadleader - you could NOT do that in BF1942. It is NOT the same! The squadsystem will STILL be an improvement over BF1942, but it won't be exploitable and overpowered any more.

And the game won't be linear - it will just be controllable instead of chaotic, supporting good planning and improving overall tactics, something every clan should be happy about!

Originally posted by =tGA=Harry
              Squadjumping is one of the most important tactics in clanmatches, and makes the game a lot more quicker and funnier.
              Not everyone likes the "quick" feeling. Quick does not automatically mean "funnier". If I want something funny and quick I play UT pr Quake.

This is what makes BF2 unigue! No squadjumping and you will have a game that is alot slower and more boring. BF2 is an arcade military-type-shooter, don't forget that.
              All Battlefield games before BF2 were a mixture of "arcade" and "military style". But due to squadjumping BF2 plays like Quake on speed. Troop movement doesn't matter any more. The squadhoppers are so spoiled that they start whining if they have to walk from a flag once.

If you want a slow-paced realistic military-shooter, go play Operation Flashpoint or something instead.
              I want a good mixture of realism and arcade, because that's what the Battlefield franchise is. Without squadhopping you CAN still spawn on the squadleader! That's a cool feature, and it should stay, but it has to be adjusted, and I am glad that DICE seems to do so.

And it is of great use in public also, cos' you get instant-action!
              You can spawn in on a squad and help them capture a flag a lot faster.
              That's using the exploit to stat-pad, a good example how squadhopping hurts public gameplay. Just watch for flags turning gray with a friendly squad nearby ans spawn there. It's easy to rack up capture assist points this way by doing this every time you die. A cheap trick, like all that squadhopping/jumping stuff.

If you haven't found out about this before, then you surely have missed something, not to say a lot of ranked points (if you are into that). Why stick to a squad that is spread out or far from the action the entire round?
              LOL, "great" attitude... "Why should I defend a flag if the commander asks me and work for my team?? I want KILLS KILLS KILLS and instant action and POINTS!!!"

And the maps in BF2 are big, if you have played Joint Operations, you know what it's like to walk 500 miles to the nearest flag just to get a sniper-bullet in your head when you arrive. This is what would happen to BF2. People don't like to walk. Instead they would sneak around and camp as snipers, and we don't need more of those, do we?
              That's not true. On most maps there is almost one jeep for every single player!

And, I'll say it once again:
              You CAN still spawn in your squad, you just have to keep the SL alive!

You act as if squadleader spawning would be removed completely, but it's only adjusted to work as it was intended!

Originally posted by BF2se|SharkBaiT
              This fix would have been great if it was in the early states of BF2. Now everyone is so used to the gameplay it might very well kill the clan community. And YES it does make a difference there, the one big reason to that so many clans still play BF2 today is that the game is so fast, all thanks to squadjuming.
              You forget something in your equation: All the clans that left the game because that high speed squadhopping felt ridiculous to them. If squadhopping would have been removed with the first patch, there would be even more clans playing it now, because they'd see that the game actually has much more tactical depth without squadhopping involved.

Comment

Well put MrBrown..

Squadhopping clearly isn't what the squad system is intended for and I for one am glad that they're correcting their mistake.

Comment

I agree with MR brown , nerfing squadhopping will place more emphasis on keeping the SL alive and sticking with the same squad throughout battle, which is good,

However if clans want to play differently they can make their own mod or something for squadhopping, but i think that most are more interested in points than "teamwork" so this will not happen.

Also the introduction of vehicle drops was probably intended to help keep the game fast paced.

Comment

Re: Petition keep squad hopping in Battlefield 2

people who dont play in clans should keep ****ing quiet, ****ing me off.

Comment

Edited title. Rephrased for accuracy.
                      It's very debatable (to the level of being doubtful) that this petition has anything to do with "saving" BF2.

Originally posted by baroque
                      people who dont play in clans should keep ****ing quiet, ****ing me off.
                      Um, excuse me?

That's utter BS.

For starters, there's more casual (non-clan) players than there are people in clans.

Second, you have no right to dictate who should our shouldn't be posting on these forums. Doing so makes people grumpy.

Comment

Then i dont see why they try to argue in this thread as its all concerned clangaming. Oh no of course, but im sure a hockey player would get annoyed if noobs argued the rules and tried to lecture him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panic.fo
                          Well put MrBrown..

Squadhopping clearly isn't what the squad system is intended for and I for one am glad that they're correcting their mistake.

Roger that...! Big thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by baroque

Then i dont see why they try to argue in this thread as its all concerned clangaming. Oh no of course, but im sure a hockey player would get annoyed if noobs argued the rules and tried to lecture him.
                            It's everyone's game and casual gamers (including noobs) have just as much right to argue their side of things as you do. They paid just as much.

I'd further suggest that since Tournies aren't ranked, it's a much less big deal for the "pro" gamers to use a "pro" mod than it is for casual gamers to have to put up with people useing tactics that weren't intended in the game's design.

You really do have to face facts here... squadhopping wasn't "the way it was ment to be played". If you like playing that way, get a mod going. Hell, make it a propper feature. I know the pro-mod didn't go over well, but that's because they tried to futz with other things. Just add squadhopping back in. Get Cal to accept it. Done deal.

Comment

Kind of wacky that most clans feel squad leader/hop'n is important. I find that disturbing actually. I mean the whole purpose of a clan is to use extreme teamwork, and to use on the field tactics, and what not. I didnt realize that they relyed so much on hitting the menu key 2 times.

Sad really. I guess BF2 does need saving.

Comment

Why are we (Squad changers) being told to adapt? It's this pathetic community which has already made EA nerf the game so much that you people can adapt to it easier. This has been a part of the game for nearly a year and you've finally decided to complain? lol what a joke.

Well played totalbf2.com for creating the whinyest multiplayer game community in history!

Why don't YOU people just learn to play a game instead of changing it to suit your needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X