Petition keep squad hopping in Battlefield 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Petition to save Battlefield 2

would squad hopping include changing to a new squad during the 15 seconds of downtime after death? i think it does and that's kinda silly considering if you just realized how disjointed a squad is and want to make a switch that's usually the time i do it.

disclaimer: no i'm not in a clan and don't use it for cheap purposes.

Comment

I don't mind it at all, although I use it when playing public I find it rather lame. I know clans use it a lot, but I rather play 32 vs 32 in tournaments anyway, and it's forbidden in mine.

Squadhopping is lame and I wouldn't mind it being taken out.

Comment

In all fairness, any league or organized league/ladder deal, that allows squad jumping, sucks.
        Whatever happened to, join a squad, and make the squad own. Instead of join a squad, do what you can, then leave and do up another.
        Im sorry, i get why folks squad jump, i really do. I also dont have a problem with it, persay, but............it really is kinda of lame. ANd i fail to see how it can be confused as teamwork. More like "pointwork".

Comment

btw i'd like to add i really haven't seen this abused all that much on pub servers. there are a few times here and there that i'll see random snobs join, spawn, and leave but usually the squad i'm in has 5-6 people in it that are pretty solid so that one extra doesn't matter that much. i don't really see it as that serious of an issue? although i can see how it would alter tournament play...

Comment

Squadjumping is one of the most important tactics in clanmatches, and makes the game a lot more quicker and funnier. This is what makes BF2 unigue! No squadjumping and you will have a game that is alot slower and more boring. BF2 is an arcade military-type-shooter, don't forget that. If you want a slow-paced realistic military-shooter, go play Operation Flashpoint or something instead.

And it is of great use in public also, cos' you get instant-action!
            You can spawn in on a squad and help them capture a flag a lot faster. If you haven't found out about this before, then you surely have missed something, not to say a lot of ranked points (if you are into that). Why stick to a squad that is spread out or far from the action the entire round?
            And the maps in BF2 are big, if you have played Joint Operations, you know what it's like to walk 500 miles to the nearest flag just to get a sniper-bullet in your head when you arrive. This is what would happen to BF2. People don't like to walk. Instead they would sneak around and camp as snipers, and we don't need more of those, do we?

Comment

Pretty lame idea to try and nerf something that doesn't need nerfing.
              Was there some huge dissent about cycling in a squad that I missed?

All they're doing is making it harder for those that actually play as a squad to stay together as a squad.

Change something that needs it; like the red/blue bug.

[4EU]2|Sgt.winterwill

Comment

If squadhopping is such a big deal in clanmatches, why not just play on a 1.22 server? It wouldn't be ranked but IMO clanmatches shouldn't be held on ranked servers anyway.

Comment

Nerfing squad jumping is dumb IMO.

For those people who spawn late, they have to walk to the nearest spawn point to cap it...

In clan matches, many clans only let the SL spawn at the beginning of the round, when he reaches an outpost then the rest of the members spawn. This is so that if the SL dies only 1 ticket will be lost... also if the squad is big, eg 5 pple they can't possibly squeeze inside one buggy and thus 2 people will be stranded at base.

Comment

The nerf is stupid and will make the gamepace slow. I for one will miss having a couple of guys spawn on me after inviting them to capture a flag when I am sniping in a remote spot. Whomever thought up this rediculous nerf should be hung by his testicles from the Empire State building.

Comment

imagine your ONLY spawn point is being raped and on your mini map there's a lone SL that is going far behind enemy lines and is capping a flag. Now the question, do you wanna join that lone SL to help cap the flag faster? so you and your team mates can get out of that rapefest? or do you wanna stay at your current spawn point and keep getting killed? giving points to the enemy which would drain your team tickets even faster?

Before 1.3:
                      Quick join him and after that create more squads to let others to join! relief our team from the rapefest!

After 1.3:
                      i died so many freaking times!!! oh wait! there's a SL going to cap a flag! i'm gonna join and spawn on him. WTH i'm in a squad! *quit squad*... Sh!t! i've to wait *number of secs* before joining another squad! *prays he stay alive*. that SL was discovered and couldn't hold it himself. DAMN! i could have spawn on him! i AM a medic!!!

Comment

I will miss you *sob*

Comment

So what! Taking out the squadjumping, yes changing from one squad to another about once or twice in a round but, if you are constantly changing squads then good idea, because squad hopping slows down teamwork

Comment

I have roughly 7 months experience of playing on my own its only recently that I've joined a clan . And in all sincerity squad hoping is need in a big way i cant tell you how many times I've played wake and the usmc cant even get of the carrier but I've created a squad tried to cap a flag and done some squad hoping in that squad to cap the flag just to get the usmc of the carrier (and to get the round started properly). If it weren't for squad hoping there would of been so many more rounds were i would of been raped stupid on the carrier by either artillery or someone in the untouchable J-10.

If EA/Dice want to implement something like this there going to have to seriously reconsider what they've done to the BH and other aspects of the game. As maps that are hard for the usmc in the first place are now going to be unwinnable 99% of the time. I'll put money on it that if monitored certain maps are going to show a trend of a massive increase in loses for the usmc . Its all about the balance of the game and doing somthing like this is totaly going to screw that balance up.

Comment

Like that petition will do anything. The writers of it are absolutely right but it's like trying to convince EA that the sky is red.

Comment

"Petition to save Battlefield 2" lol - you have GOT to be kidding. ...BF2 is going to die because you cant squadjump?... yea right :laugh: *I dont see ANYTHING in gameplay being improved by squadjumping. The squad system were never made for squadhopping - it is in fact fighting the purpose of EVERYTHING squads were made for.

Comment

Working...
                                X