Patch 1.3 rumour discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squad hopping to be gone in 1.3?

You people keep forgetting that this is their game not ours.
    We are playing their game. Their Vision of what good gameplay is supposed to be.
    Fortunately their vision is much similar to mine. Not some exploiter using a game menu to his advantage.
    what are they going to be complaining about when they are still getting their butts handed to them?
    At least then things will be on even ground. On the battlefield.
    Remember, the series is called Battlefield not Battlemenu.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
      You're right, so should we just delete commander mode all together too?

Comment

We are playing their game. Their Vision of what good gameplay is supposed to be.
        Fortunately their vision is much similar to mine. Not some exploiter using a game menu to his advantage.
        Officially it is thier product selling it to us, the consumers. They should be doing their best to please the consumer, and to make a better product so consumers will buy more. It IS a buisness after all.

what are they going to be complaining about when they are still getting their butts handed to them?
        That really is the perfect quote. Even once all of the stuff thats normal in BF2 but isn't perfect is gone, people will complain about anything that they get owned by, even if it comes down to being knifed, I can see it now...NERF THE KNIFE, ITS SO OVERPOWERED.....IT KILLS ONE HIT HOW CAN THAT BE FAIR!!!!!1111oneone

Comment

At least then things will be on even ground. On the battlefield.
          do you really think that!
          they just want more $$ so everbody can play it.

nerf, nerf,nerf

look at the mines. and claymore. when would a mine and a claymore see a difference between enemey and friendly.

Comment

what i think they should do is to make it optional for clanmatches,etc... tournaments in which squadbased teamplay is actually used... however to the general public they should make it posible...

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
              You're right, so should we just delete commander mode all together too?
              Uhhgg...you people are so friggin ignorant it's not even funny.
              Sarcastic or not You can't possibly be comparing Commander mode to Squad hopping. :shakehead

Comment

Sarcastic or not You can't possibly be comparing Commander mode to Squad hopping. :shakehead
                No, I'm just deconstructing your ridiculous logic.

And the developers' intent may not always line up with what the players want, I can point back to UT2k3 where they made the weapon stay option not allow you to drop weapons, they made ridiculous claims of how it was a "bug" until they finally caved in and put it back to the way it worked in UT.

And in general, as DarkIllusion kind of pointed out, any dilemmas like this can be solved with OPTIONS, then the player base gets to decide how they want to play the game instead of developers jerking them around.

And as a side note, to the "just stop changing waaaah" posts, every time something's changed, someone will cry. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would love to go back a few patches to when games were nothing but helicopters flying from point to point insta-capturing them.

Comment

Ridiculous Logic?
                  Commander mode was an intended addition to the Battlefield series.
                  Squad hopping is a bull$!it maneuver to take advantage of a friggin game menu.
                  It has nothing to do with actually playing the game.
                  If you can't fathom that then I'm not the one with a flawed logic.

Comment

I primarily Pilot Attack Choppers so my KD would naturally be lower than a n00b t00bing/Squad Hopping/PKM whoring/Grenade Spamming/bunny hopping/dolphin diving ground pounder.

Meet me in the Air.

And just because it was left unattended doesn't mean it was meant to exist OR that they weren't contemplating a fix for it.

guy!! I have even better result in the air on my Crosstorm account.
                    also I get 4 medals per day
                    and you only one.

that is the big difference between you and me.
                    you can call me evrything, but I'm still better then you .
                    -----------------------

Also the time you have played is much more and still you have less points

mine:

Username: Crosstorm
                    Total time played: 78.03 hours
                    Global Score: 13,996

yours:

Username: [21stS-S]LoganX
                    Total time played: 136.07 hours
                    Global Score: 10,429

primalery be lower¿? you are just a bad pilot!
                    it's much saver in the air then on the ground.
                    and flying is to easy. if you learn how the bom and the flight routes for evading AA

I know how to fly because of mine BF1942&DC history
                    but I'm more a infrantry man then airboy.

Comment

Uhhmmm...Didn't you hear what I said before? (possibly another thread)
                      I don't have every day to play this game.
                      I have a life and a family that I take care of.
                      I only play maybe 2 days a week. and I don't play for stats...i play for fun.
                      Stats mean nothing to me. I think it's the worst thing EA could have done to the BF series. It's turned everyone into selfish stat whores.
                      I'm still better then you .
                      Be sure to put that on your resume. I'm sure it's get you far.
                      I'll put mine on my BMW.

Come to my clan's server and we'll see how much better than me you are.

I'm going to go enjoy a family B-Day party now.
                      You go ahead and continue getting you 4 medals per day. I'm going to go enjoy life and family.

Oh and as far as your EDIT:
                      This is me not giving a $h!t. As as I said, I play for fun, not points.
                      I'll sit back and play defense and not bomb away every game for easy points.
                      You stats mean nothing to me because I don't care.
                      What I want is a good fair game to play. Not one that relies on Pointwhoring for people to think their a better player.

Comment

Uhhmmm...Didn't you hear what I said before? (possibly another thread)
                        I don't have every day to play this game.
                        I have a life and a family that I take care of.
                        I only play maybe 2 days a week. and I don't play for stats...i play for fun.
                        Stats mean nothing to me. I think it's the worst thing EA could have done to the BF series. It's turned everyone into selfish stat whores.

Be sure to put that on your resume. I'm sure it's get you far.
                        I'll put mine on my BMW.

Come to my clan's server and we'll see how much better than me you are.

I'm going to go enjoy a family B-Day party now.
                        You go ahead and continue getting you 4 medals per day. I'm going to go enjoy life and family.
                        no I didn't read the post before if you post something stupid against me, like that so..

calling my names like noob tuber:laugh:

lz you have played more then me.....
                        what for freaking logic do you have in your brains?

lz guy. and don't calle me stats whore, because have a aload of cunstom maps in my hard drive !

I play to own people with my skills, that is fun for me. the stats is just stupid. they may delete my stats if they want!

I just want see people play more cunstom maps.

Comment

I think LoganX and Terroser need to take their flame war somewhere else and quit diluting this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian
                            I think LoganX and Terroser need to take their flame war somewhere else and quit diluting this topic.
                            lz do you ever know the thread basecampers united

tottaly loco topic

Comment

Just calling to attention that in the command screen there is a squad command...

"Squad, divide and form two squads"

Why?

So you can now have two squads in a critical area. EA/DICE telling you they "never intended" for it to be used in this way is just PR crap to keep the whiners happy. I propose they never had "intent", but instead are waffling to the aforementioned vocal whiners.

Comment

Playing the commander is fun.

Entering the squad menu after each death and pressing buttons in a simple scheme is inconvenient as it was never intended.

Even people who like squadhopping want new hotkeys to leave a squad, there have been threads about this here and at the official EA Forums. Why? Because even they don't like to spent so much time pressing leave and join, and that's why comparing it to the commander mode is a quite bad comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X