Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was/is the whole story behind TGN and the OT section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The summer of 2007 was the ultimate high point for this site. Between OT being filled with fun (Rick Rolls, Chocolate Rain, and the birth of Oh Say Can U C...) to the anticipation of all the games that came out in Fall '07 (greatest gaming season to date), the place was always busy with lots of laughs to be had.

There's my story.

Comment

Originally posted by ThQp View Post
      The summer of 2007 was the ultimate high point for this site. Between OT being filled with fun (Rick Rolls, Chocolate Rain, and the birth of Oh Say Can U C...) to the anticipation of all the games that came out in Fall '07 (greatest gaming season to date), the place was always busy with lots of laughs to be had.

There's my story.
      2007 was the summer of surprise buttsecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers
        2007 was the summer of surprise buttsecks.
        Surprise! Hawkers was always just a second account of mine made specifically for the art of spamming.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerStickMan
          Surprise! Hawkers was always just a second account of mine made specifically for the art of spamming.
          IT WAS ALL A LIE!!!

I remember when Hawkers claimed King of OT, looks like that wasnt just boasting
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by KillerStickMan
            10,966 posts? you sure did a lot of spamming

Comment

c:

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101 View Post
                termiNATOR.
                I know, it was intentional indicating that you were terminated as in no longer an active member much anymore

Comment

Just gonna throw these names out there on top of the others already mentioned for the bants/nostalgia:

Dairuka, RocketChild, Metallicaguitarist (used to fly jets all the time and had some groupie called...Cho something?), conscriptvirus, Chris Redfield, Troybob, Eternal-Souljah (Fear and loathing in Las Vegas sig?), Indian Scout, N2K, Nismo, Talus, deathmerchant, solofowaffles and Spik3d

I lurked here for a while pre-BF2 before registering, they created too many different forums, the userbase got splintered and interest just tailed off after that.

Comment

Are there still an excess of forum sections here? Because I am going to be working on that. Just wondering if there are specific areas that you think should definitely be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
                      Just gonna throw these names out there on top of the others already mentioned for the bants/nostalgia:

Dairuka, RocketChild, Metallicaguitarist (used to fly jets all the time and had some groupie called...Cho something?), conscriptvirus, Chris Redfield, Troybob, Eternal-Souljah (Fear and loathing in Las Vegas sig?), Indian Scout, N2K, Nismo, Talus, deathmerchant, solofowaffles and Spik3d

I lurked here for a while pre-BF2 before registering, they created too many different forums, the userbase got splintered and interest just tailed off after that.
                      From all of those I only got to know Chris and Spik3d.

Comment

Originally posted by Zips View Post
                        Are there still an excess of forum sections here? Because I am going to be working on that. Just wondering if there are specific areas that you think should definitely be addressed.
                        Nar it seems pretty tight here now. Think half the battle is replacing the generation of people that drifted away from TGN/gaming - good luck with breathing some new life in here, deserves to be buzzing in here again.

Comment

Aww the memories...

Comment

Heh.

Comment

Heh heh...

Comment

Heh Heh heh.....
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...