Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was/is the whole story behind TGN and the OT section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, looks like that's that then. All wrapped up in a nice package, bow placed on top, shipped to grandma's house.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
      Dairuka, RocketChild, Metallicaguitarist (used to fly jets all the time and had some groupie called...Cho something?), conscriptvirus, Chris Redfield, Troybob, Eternal-Souljah (Fear and loathing in Las Vegas sig?), Indian Scout, N2K, Nismo, Talus, deathmerchant, solofowaffles and Spik3d
      Dont forget Skaggy, Camperstrike, Nefarious, Scinto, davelisowski, Sniper 1432, SyDus, Alpha671, Sars99, Sir Tasty (in fact the whole Sir. Community), that EdddyEdEddwhatshisface guy

Originally posted by AllFoamNoBeer View Post
      The place collapsed because I rage quit.

............Vika?

And let's be honest, most of us grew out of it. A huge chunk of this board was 16-19 year olds, me included. We just moved on.
      This. I was a reclusive 15 year old in summer '07 with too much time on my hands, don't play games any more - I'm a grown man son (allegedly, hur hur hur).

Was nice to read and remember all the OT names again, weird how you can spend hundreds of hours doing something and barely recall any of it. Good to see this place still stands as a testament to my wasted youth.

:awes

Comment

Originally posted by Mo0by View Post
        Was nice to read and remember all the OT names again, weird how you can spend hundreds of hours doing something and barely recall any of it. Good to see this place still stands as a testament to my wasted youth.

:awes
        Just wanted to echo Mooby's point, I've been on a random BF2/TBF2 nostalgia trip tonight and it never fails to amaze me all the hard work that still goes in to this place and on a selfish note how all that work preserve's so many memories for everyone that drops by.

The people who keep showing up every couple of years is a testament to just how good the community is here, so I just wanted to say cheers!

Also why was I always so serious at like 16/17!?! :awes

Comment

I dont know, I always wondered that as well.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I didn't expect to see this thread again.

Comment

I kinda forgot about it. I hadn't even realised I had already posted in this thread.

Comment

TGN shall always exist.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
                  TGN shall always exist.
                  this
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I found one of my old OTR sig someone had made me back in the day.

Comment

I remember that.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I remember from the start, from the OT boom. I never went to WaiOffTopic or FeverGaming, in fact no one I know did?

The biggest issues that split the community were when they tried to expand too quickly into other "Total" sites... "Total GTA", "Total Half Life" etc... Then, Spawndemon left and Zips came in. Zips didn't really have much respect of those users who kept the place quite active and activity kinda subsided after that.

Also, we all kinda grew up and got jobs. I think back in the day, 2007 and so we were all going from school to Uni (Hawkers, myself, Oli, Moobs etc...) and so we had less and less time. I think the peak of everything was the TBF2 Reading Festival outing... feature Oli, myself, Bisley_bob, Skaggy, Hawkers and some others. It was just a pure and simple mess which ended in riot Police. They were the days

Nowadays, I know Oli has emigrated from the UK and working as a diving instructor in Asia, I emigrated too to Germany and working in software industry for a large company, Moobs... moobs disappeared, Skaggy is stoned somewhere and Hawkers I believe too is working in UK. Bisley_bob is now serving his country in the Army and in Germany... so we're all spread out.

It is a shame what happened to TBF2, but i'm not really sure what could have been done to save it.

Now, I will post things to remind everyone of what used to be:

This is Oli and I absolutely hanging out our backsides after a party night. Fosters tinnies for breakfast.

Comment

Makes me wish I had registered earlier and not spend so many years just stalking the forums. It's always great to learn more about something so charismatic and rich of story, thanks for sharing this with us, if you have anything else I will be interested to read it!

Comment

Originally posted by =98= View Post
                            Zips didn't really have much respect of those users who kept the place quite active and activity kinda subsided after that.

That's what it was? I thought I just had BO or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]673[/ATTACH]

That's what it was? I thought I just had BO or something.
                              Whatever it was, you took Spawndmon's hard work, where he built a great, thriving site and you destroyed it ha.

Look at this place, it's desolate now.

Comment

Originally posted by =98= View Post
                                Whatever it was, you took Spawndmon's hard work, where he built a great, thriving site and you destroyed it ha.

Look at this place, it's desolate now.
                                Ah yes, that's me. Nailed it.

So, did you just return to try to insult me and the site with completely baseless accusations?

Comment

Working...
                                X