Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was/is the whole story behind TGN and the OT section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the biggest thing that killed this forum was EA creating the Battlelog forums (which I think is utterly useless, and just a spam and troll fest).
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
      I would say the biggest thing that killed this forum was EA creating the Battlelog forums (which I think is utterly useless, and just a spam and troll fest).
      Or the surge of publishers and developers using social media outlets like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to push news instead of traditional methods. You know what's awesome? Not getting emails about new Battlefield updates or just game updates in general because it's just easier for the studios to post to Battlelog or their store page on Steam. Having to find out later in the day, usually by chance, that DICE put up some info via Battlelog on what's coming soon is always a good time.

Or even just John Q. Public in general using social media (Twitter/Facebook again) to communicate instead of general or specialized forums. There are now also tons of different IM methods across all kinds of devices. Who needs a forum anymore?

Or things like the rise of the Tomb Raider Steam Community.

Or how games now don't really have "massive" patches that get hyped up days or weeks ahead of time (there are still some instances of this, but it's far less prevalent now) due to things like Steam and Origin where multiple patches can arrive in a day for a game and nobody really bats an eye.

Or the surge of YouTube and Twitch and those newer forms of media replacing the old. We even have devs and publishers streaming their previews, bypassing the need for news sites. Why waste time and effort getting someone out to preview something when we can do it ourselves to thousands upon thousands of people and all it costs us is an hour out of our day.

But nah, it's probably just me.

Comment

Working...
      X