Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i bought hl2 through steam does that mean i get no box?

Comment

if you buy gold you get the "Collectors box"

Comment

Ava3ar wrote..

if you buy gold you get the "Collectors box"
        And if outside US; bent over when customs call you with the tax charge

Retail for me. No bother with the wait. Come on ppl who are upset, its a few extra days, which I might add you would be waiting for anyway!

Comment

Vi3tSkl11 wrote..

Yay for misinformed opinions...

Have you ever tried using the multisampling function for shadows in DooM 3? Do you have any idea how much processing power it costs?

They went the way they did for a reason. They did it because it looks good while not draining HUGE CPU resources for the more important things (like physics). If it were possible to make soft-shadows that react dynamically to every light source in the gameworld, they'd have done it by now. It just isn't feasible in a radiosity-based lighting engine. (Y'know.. it's the reason why Half-Life 2 isn't totally pitch-black like DooM 3.)
          it is possible. have you ever heard of a game called Frag-Ops? it's a mod for UT2k4. now the mod itself sucks ass. but the coders added full dynamic based lighting that reacts to EVERY LIGHT SOURCE. granted it uses a hell of a lot of processing power, but people with 6800 GTs and AMD 64's are able to run it at great framerates. the point is full dynamic shadowing support should be an OPTION, but not the default. it's not hard to code such a thing, it's just hard to deal with nubs saying "whaaa i can't use it cause it's too slow" (actually you're computer is a piece of shit, but that's beside the point)

and the whole thing about Doom3 being pitch black is a crock of shit. that has nothing to do with the engine, it has to do with the Doom3 mappers setting the light intensity and radius too low. try using r_lightscale 5. omg! it's really bright all of a sudden and you didn't lose any performance OMFG!!! i can't help id stuipdly set r_lightscale to 2, but you can fix that yourself.

Comment

Anyone wants to bitch, complain, flame, let someone @ VU know you hate their lameness? Well here you go is some info about it :-D

1 310 431 4000 (phone number)

62.210.138.247 -- VU IP

198.74.34.23 -- VUGAMES IP

Have fun :-D I hope I havn't reposted this on the comments, but w/e. Leave a msg and support Valve :-D. This is true Phone number, they are located if I am right in L.A. and you can get directions, anyone up for some eggage But yeah, they will have over xxxxx calls Monday when they come for the answering machine HAHA!!! They will be pwned by their phone bill. Well everyone cya around.

Comment

just FYI hitman, HL2 SP runs alot better than CS:S

Comment

what do you mean it "runs a lot better"? it's going to have higher res textures, more polygons, and more physics. how can it POSSIBLY run better?

Comment

Linux wrote..

Anyone wants to bitch, complain, flame, let someone @ VU know you hate their lameness? Well here you go is some info about it :-D

1 310 431 4000 (phone number)

62.210.138.247 -- VU IP

198.74.34.23 -- VUGAMES IP

Have fun :-D I hope I havn't reposted this on the comments, but w/e. Leave a msg and support Valve :-D. This is true Phone number, they are located if I am right in L.A. and you can get directions, anyone up for some eggage But yeah, they will have over xxxxx calls Monday when they come for the answering machine HAHA!!! They will be pwned by their phone bill. Well everyone cya around.
                  Stop posting.

Comment

agreed. just wait 2 fucking days.

OMFG VALVE ISN'T BREAKING THEIR CONTRACT OBLIGATIONS OMFG FUCK YOU ALL!!!

Comment

blueflamedazn wrote..

hahah some funny stuff...

http://web.uvic.ca/%7Emwquinn/hl.jpg
                      its not really that serious anymore. i was upset until i realized it was only a few more days until its offically released. still, these pics are funny. i sure hope you know who that man is though. or at least where he came from

Comment

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
                        FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU
                        CKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
                        FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU
                        CKFUCK
                        YOU VU GAMES!!!

Comment

MikeJ wrote..

at making dark indoor environments.
                          isnt quake 4 going to be made on the doom 3 engine?

Comment

Question : Which is better?

- Pentium 4 Processor 560 Supporting Hyper Threading Technology

with 3.60 GHZ and 800 MHZ Front Side Bus 1MB L2 Cache 90nm Arch

or

- AMD ?? i do not know much about amd. but i heard their better for gaming like aka half life 2, and doom3, also even farcry.

I still have not decided on what to get either the intel p4 hyper threading or amd... some one with a/an amd background and experience with em could ya tell me whats so special about amd...

:P

Comment

My steam just says "Steam servers too busy...." I can't play any games at all.

Comment

HitmanCodename48 wrote..

AND WILL AN ADMIN REMOVE THE FUCKING AVATAR?
                                Whoa it's Doom 3!

And your avatar is fitting, why would you want to change it?

Comment

Working...
                                X