No announcement yet.

BattleGroup-Frontlines v1.0 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no locked vehicles, thats lame and would only make the game frustrating making people stop playing, i dont know but whats the point of making a mod that only half a dozen people like, too much realism can be bad, the mod is good the way it is now.

Comment

Gamershell dload link for client.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSlob View Post
        please lock vehicles ...Atm we cant tell with no tags
        I agree, its a must for no tags/icons!!

Great work.
        Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Rad View Post
          Maybe it's time for an upgrade. I have a 3 1/2 year old computer that I just spent 4.25 pizza dinners and a tank of gas for my truck on a X1950 and the textures look absolutely fabulous on my machine.
          or maybe its time for the BGF team to upgrade. I think they used the same models and textures that they used for BF1942. If you say this mod looks good you either don't know what you are talking about, only have played video games that need a PCI video card, or are being extremely nice.

I have everything set to high and this game looks horrible. Considering how much time they took, I would give it a 3/10.

You must be the same kind of person that had fun playing "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing" :laugh:

Comment

You are really pro r3wt. You might apply for a profesional game development team. Im sure every team wants people with a skilled eye like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcraft View Post
              You are really pro r3wt. You might apply for a profesional game development team. Im sure every team wants people with a skilled eye like you.
              and that was just 1 screenshot! :shock:

Comment

I played last night and I must say… It was like taking a trip back in time!

Thank you for a great game! :salute:

Comment

If I have to clean this thread again, it gets the lock.

Comment

I am fond of the gameplay and sounds but am i the only person who has gfx on all high and it still seems fuzzy and a bit cartoony?

Comment

Hell I can see why FH2 isn't in a hurry to release their mod if this is what thanks the Devs get for spending many many hours of their spare time only for people to download it for free then totally rubbish every thing they have done!!!!!!

However I'm not surprised.

Keep your chins up Devs. There are still people around who appreciate your efforts!

Comment

Originally posted by mrkidkill View Post
                        I am fond of the gameplay and sounds but am i the only person who has gfx on all high and it still seems fuzzy and a bit cartoony?
                        exactly what i was saying ...

Comment

My first impression was litlle bit mixed.

Good things:

Lots of ww2 vehicles- thats good
                          Very good sounds- I was really impressed, except one russian voice (when guy sees enemy then he says- samaljot- what means airplain in russian )
                          Plains handled very well and I liked this shaking effect after dropping bomb

Bad things:

Vannilla gameplay? What a heck? Havent you guys beeing tired running back and worth for the flags? Its really for me hard to play smth less good than PR mod if it comes to gameplay. Are we 10y old? Yes its simple but at the same time boring. Is it hard to make push maps or AAS in PR sense?

No commander? Because nobody wants to be commander? Motivate people then! I really hope thats the 1.0 issue. The army without good commander is total disaster. Havent you guys beeing in the army?

Bad textures. My first impression was that landscape looked like chessboard. Whata heck? Ok maybe its my vid card and it was only one map.

To sum it up, its very promising mod if they implement more mature gamplay and fix most of the bugs.

Originally posted by r3wt View Post
                          and that was just 1 screenshot! :shock:
                          I hope that you know what word *sarcasm* means

Comment

Thanks BGF dev team!!! Finally a WWII mod for BF2. It's been a long time waiting But finally it did arrive, and in time as promised. Good work!!!

I hope all will be a little patient as it is still release v1.0.. I am sure there will be lots of improvements and new content added for v1.1, v1.2 etc. PRmM was not very impressive at release 1.0 as I can recall.. and they have not done a complete re-make of BF2 content.

My future BGF wish list (not necessarily in order):
                            * better "zoom" for weapon iron sights and vehicle sights.
                            * Name tags visible for friendlies!
                            * Something similar to PRM "AAS" or PoE "frontlines" to focus the fighting in a more realistic way. I hate the wild capping of flags all over the map.
                            * better tracers in-game for mg's and auto cannons
                            5. Up the speed of tanks a little, they are way too slow.. not even realistically slow as it is now. I was overtaken in my KV-1 by a foot soldier!
                            * If there is a "best settings" recommended for the video please post it and make it public.. Or you need to work on the grafix of the game. I am missing the vehicle and weapon details in-game that you showed off so nicely in the pre-releas news updates.

Comment

SP or MP!

I played it for a few hours on Friday and I must admit that I was left with a funny feeling.
                              The handling and feeling of the game was unsatisfactory. As mentioned before it is unbeleivably annoing that you cannot even jump a small stack of sandbags or a fence.:cry:
                              I on the other hand think that the idea that enemy vehicles are locked is a great addition. I would though suggest that vehicles connected to a flag will change side after some time for the attacker to gain advantages and the ability to push forward. That way you will still maintain the real life feeling where you cannot determine friend from foe at a distance when nametags are missing.

One thing I must point out as being the worst thing I have experienced is the SP mode. I do not remember the map but at one point there were 20-30 bots, both friend and enemy, around a flag crouching doing nothing. I could easily have knifed them all just sitting there.:shakehead

The SP mode could do with an overhaul. I did not play any online since it was kinda late so I cannot speak for the MP.

Comment

Odd why 99% of those coming on moaning have 20 post or less to their names, not saying everyone doesn't deserve an opinion, was just an observation

Comment

Working...
                                X