No announcement yet.

BattleGroup-Frontlines v1.0 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGF was awesome! Server communication failure and everything ....

Comment

Congrats on your first release guys. Only played an hour or so yesterday with just a few people so I can't give an informed opinion on the gameplay yet. It felt really good to be driving a T34 again though. It takes time to rev up and gain speed which is really cool, but topspeed should be increased a little maybe.

As a realism fan it gets on my nerves that every vehicle is unlocked for both teams but hey you can't have everything you want hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vader
        Finally a WWII mod for BF2 has been released. I guess I'll play this until Forgotten Hope 2 comes out.
        QFT

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER!

Comment

Played the mod last night and found it very immersive though had rather more team kills than i would have liked to have had due to no tags...NOT a bad thing tho.....Well done guys!!

Comment

As a realism fan it gets on my nerves that every vehicle is unlocked for both teams but hey you can't have everything you want hehe.
            this is planned for the next patch release

Comment

congrats on the release guys
              alot of hard and time consuming work has gone into this and it shows

/me pours a beer for all the BGF team

Comment

Great first release guys! great sound and map design. It is so nice to hear ww2 sounds again.
                good fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Defeatest View Post
                  Great first release guys! great sound and map design. It is so nice to hear ww2 sounds again.
                  YES! YES! YEEEES! WWII BACK ON BATTLEFIELD YYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

ROCK ON YEAH!!!!!!

not a big fan of realism but HELL ITS WWII!!!!!:yay:

Comment

Ya I'm a gonna go on right now!

ps anyone tell me why I cant upload a sig picture. I'm meeting the requirements ,but it's not able to save it.

Comment

1. tanks need to be faster
                      2. do NOT make enemy vehicles locked. that would be very very frustraiting after running for and hour to get to enemy base and having to run to next flag because vehicles are enemies still...
                      3. hurry up with the americans, i need the m1 garand!

Comment

when I first loaded up the mod I had to double check to make sure my texture and sound quality wasn't set to low. Seriously, wtf is with the bad textures. I feel like I am playing a game from 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vader
                          Finally a WWII mod for BF2 has been released. I guess I'll play this until Forgotten Hope 2 comes out.
                          if you're too cheap to afford drive space for both mods maybe you should post it on TotalBF2/Forums/*****_to_someone_who_might_care

Originally posted by DasRoach
                          /me pours a beer for all the BGF team
                          I'll toast to that

Originally posted by r3wt View Post
                          when I first loaded up the mod I had to double check to make sure my texture and sound quality wasn't set to low. Seriously, wtf is with the bad textures. I feel like I am playing a game from 1999.
                          Maybe it's time for an upgrade. I have a 3 1/2 year old computer that I just spent 4.25 pizza dinners and a tank of gas for my truck on a X1950 and the textures look absolutely fabulous on my machine.

Comment

I give it a 5 - 5 1/2.
                            Models - Check
                            Sound - Check
                            Maps - Check
                            Those are hard to do. A lot of the work is done.
                            Gameplay - WIP
                            Characters are stiff. Weapons don't feel right. Sights, projectile , recoil, etc. need a redo or complete overhaul. Same thing goes for vehicles. Speeds, velocity, damage, armor need a work over.

It's not that I hate it. But, I don't like it. It isn't at all what I had anticipated either, but that's beside the point.

The previous poster mentioned the jump being gimped and he wasn't kidding. Seriously, walking all the way around a barrier [an ordinary fence] (and there are a lot of them) is not justifiable.

Comment

ist a gread mod

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton View Post
                                1. tanks need to be faster
                                2. do NOT make enemy vehicles locked.
                                please lock vehicles or if still unlocked for all, add an icon on the tank to say which side it was on...Atm we cant tell with no tags which sucks...still as ive mentioned...a great first release...hope the patch sorts this out soon..cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X