G36c or G3? be honest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G36c or G3? be honest

Far enough that it will never be an issue on any of the urban maps. If you're not on an urban map you shouldn't be playing assault at all.
    While this isn't entirely true, I'll agree that the G3 is very good in alleys and such and is an easy kill for CQC. But a mass in an alley with a medic will kill you quite quickly due to the rate that gun puts out bullets. Now a G36C holder could toss a C4 in the group and move on. It all comes back to the ease of the gun/loadout and the style of play. If you can easily alter your playing style to use the G3 effectively and are a CQC guy, it's a pretty good unlock. But the G36C is much more well-rounded and easy to use. To put it simply: the G3 is a specialized gun, whereas as the G36C is a more general gun. Like I said: it all depends on the player

Comment

I think i made up my mind, bout 80% towards g3, just went on server & pwned, 4 kills in one clip & 13kills overall before dying, man that thing is a squad killer too

Comment

Meh.
        I took the L85 and got the best of both worlds.

Comment

all the kit unlocks are good, the best one is the one you play the most as.

Comment

You know, I have neither, but am also nearing corpral, but keep this in mind, everytime I pick up a g3, the mags are empty and I need to re-load them MEANING, the g3 kills everything in it's path, but take cover when time to reload.

Comment

Originally posted by USK-kill
              I think i made up my mind, bout 80% towards g3, just went on server & pwned, 4 kills in one clip & 13kills overall before dying, man that thing is a squad killer too
              you see! i told you! next time you know to ask only me and ignore all others.

Comment

Having both, I can safely say they have no possible comparision. You're talking about an Assault unlock vs a Spec Ops unlock. Different classes for different purposes. The body armor on an assault will let him take another bullet from the G36c.

In any case, in terms of unlock-to-stock ratio, the G36c is better. Why? Because the M4A1 is already a good enough weapon and the G36c takes it up a notch by lowering the spread pattern and recoil. The G3, on the other hand, when compared to the AK-101 isn't as good if you look well enough. While it can penetrate crates and such, it does only 3 more damage (damage/round, torso) than the AK-101, you lose the M203, lose 10 rounds per magazine and the deviation is even worse than the Chinese's AK-47. Well, in theory anyway.

Although, I must admit, I naysay the G3 a lot, but I love it in CQB, which, ironically, is the worst role you can give it, as it's a full-size battle rifle. Just be sure to forget the iron sights exist and spam up with the regular crosshairs. The gun's useless at long ranges.

I really hope they tune up the gun a bit in 1.03. Accuracy is appalling and surreal.

Comment

Get the G3, why?

Because Spec Ops class is crap! Theres no point playing it (until 1.03). And the assault class is the BEST fighting class and the G3 is a damn nice gun, im going to get the G3 as 4th unlock. Picked it up from corpses and it ROCKS. The G36C is just plain boring, its not special.

Comment

The G36C no doubt i think its good but it does get old i mean i normaly use M4 because i like it better.

Comment

Originally posted by morra_di
                      Huh, an assaulter with G3 own a spec ops with G36c? ********. If you got skills you can kill an assaulter or two at the same time with no problems. I do always use the G36c, and I have no problem fighting an assaulter in a close-combat. But ofcourse, if ur not that skilled u can get problems fighting an assaulter.

USK-kill: Chose the G36c! It has 6 magazines. And it rox. I have both and the G36c is best with no doubt.
                      well guess you havent met the wrong side of an G3 yet... 2 bullets is all you need

Comment

i have both and i got to say i use the g36c more but it dosnt stop me from using the g3
                        i say get g36c first

Comment

If you play as Special Ops often then chose G36C.
                          Or if you play assault more often then chose the G3.

Comment

well i like doing CQB a lot particularly on Strike @ Karkand. on that map & the others i play its mostly short-med range. & u know when 1.03 comes out, if im all the way at the enemy's home base, theres a very low chance of an noob camper waiting for me, (cept the commander which u can pick off). & the g36c when ive used just doesnt have any excitment, it has a boring sound & if its med-long range & bullets arent at head it can take a 1/3 of u ammo for 1 kill, giving da g3 more kills in a clip. just what ive been speculating

Comment

I'm About to hit sergeant in a couple 'o Dayz, And I alreay got the Medic And the G3, But I'm in doubt what to unlock neZt, I'm Leaning towardz Spec Ops, But then again I don't play Spec Ops, So often, I do play Anti Tank Often, But I heared theres a LONG LONG LONG Loading time, I Don't like to Snipe A Lot, I rather Kill Face To Face, And I Think the Support Gun Is to Inaccurate, So I don't Know man what I'll Chose,, Right now I play G3 the Most, Damn It feels so great that gun, The Oponents don't stand a chance, You could easily kill 3 opponents in Burst mode, I do think theres to little ammo, that's why I play Medic to, The reviving points helps you'r score a lot to.

Comment

i seem to get killed more by g36c users than g3 ones...

EDIT: go to one of those unranked servers where all weapons are unlocked and try them both yourself! in one of the recent threads here, there's a TON of IPs posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X