3rd person mod *screen inside*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 3rd person mod *screen inside*

yes i notice,on the other hand *presses self destruct button*,come on!,i thought it works *boom!*

Comment

In response to the statements about it being a "hack", think of it like this:

In real life, you have far more situational awareness about your position because of your peripheral, tacticle sense, balance, audio cues and so forth. So a 3rd position view just lets you mimic that awareness within the game. I would also like to see it enable you to look around corners a bit(by turning the camera so you see YOUR profile and what's behind it, to mimic looking around a corner in real life

Comment

I like the idea, but I have to agree with Badlizzard 100%, if this was allow the game would be broken for ever.

Comment

i totally disagree with people who thinks the game would be ruined by a 3rd person view and here is why. first, bf2 is a fast paced action game, not a combat infantryman simulator. the actual gamemode is designed for frantic action and not much strategy (capturing and holding CP's over and over again does not warrant much strategy).

also, look how hard it is to kill someone in this game. the damage system is setup to create the all out action gameplay, not realism. the 3rd person view is just another way to play the game and it will not give you an advantage (IMHO) in the game because your focus won't be 100% into the combat, but it will be into the things happening around you . the guy in first person view would be more dangerous because he is more focused within his own view. he does not have to be distracted by all the other action going on around him. he can zero in on his surroundings and not "sit back" to enjoy the visuals that is taking place during the combat. it is just another way to enjoy watching yourself play the game, simple as that and noone should be bothered about having the "option" to play that way.

Comment

hey guys, im still alive :P i have been busy the past few months but will renew work on this mod, anyway just to let ya know, im back

Comment

Originally posted by kohaku892002
              hey guys, im still alive :P i have been busy the past few months but will renew work on this mod, anyway just to let ya know, im back
              lol, good to know that was about to ask. And don't you love how Fed up these forums are? It put your post on the second to last page and the last post says 9-29-05 or something and yours says 1 hour ago?? lmao its great!

Comment

I'd suggest making the camera much closer to the body, so you can only see the bottom of the belt and above. It might give you a more panoramic view of the area than a 3/4 view.

Comment

hey guys, ok, tell me what variations of the mod you want and we will try to get them done, still messing with the bloody mod tools, fun fun fun

Comment

So the crosshair thing isnt possible? Cause that would just be the best thing ever and a toggle button.

Comment

ahhh i cant mod nemore My comp DIED and then i tried to install bf2 but the tiniest scratch killed it goodluck

Comment

hey guys, sorry for the late reply, school and stuff, anyway, can someone reccommend a good tutorial for the mod tools? And Sniper, sorry about that, you were a good help to us, and yes the crosshair thing is definately possible

Comment

hey guys, ok, tell me what variations of the mod you want and we will try to get them done, still messing with the bloody mod tools, fun fun fun
                          1p, chase, front chase, flyby. thats all i want

Comment

All dat work down the drain of d00m

Comment

thats awesome man, so is it classified as a cheat or no? looks good anyways, ill only use if its not classified as a cheat, keep up the good work and keep us posted when the crosshair is up

Comment

hey guys, sorry for the late reply, school and stuff, anyway, can someone reccommend a good tutorial for the mod tools? And Sniper, sorry about that, you were a good help to us, and yes the crosshair thing is definately possible
                                I admittedly haven't read all the way through this thread so you might have mentioned this previously, but can you outline to me how you plan to implement a third-person crosshair?

Comment

Working...
                                X