• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 3rd person mod *screen inside*

Sweeett Lol

Comment

This thread seems to be active so...

I get a 404 when I try to download it. Can you re-link it?

Couldn't you make the crosshair part of the HUD bmp or whatever and set the camera up so it moves in line with the HUD? Meaning, if you move the mouse up (Which makes the gun point down) the camera will rise higher so you see more of the ground, Like in Star Wars Battlefront II?

Comment

Forget this thing, the camera was hardcoded by dice.
        Believe me, I've tried to create a new camera and use this one instead of the normal soldier cam but it seems that every camera which is attached to a soldier can only have one active view mode.

Comment

so this thread still alive. if so i can't find what page the file is posted on. could someone point me to it. i did try a search for the file but no luck.
          thanks. and nice mod.

Comment

im not reading 1 billion posts to see if this mod is out. so is it?

Comment

No because it doesnt work. You can only enable one camera mode for soldiers and you cannot toggle them. If you have first person and chase for example, first person will be enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by evogre3n
                I understand its a mod but...
                It is a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER after all
                yeah lol this will make it seem like Socom (that's a compliment)

Comment

lol...great idea tho...would be nice to have a couple different views as a solider

Comment

Did anyone make their own file in which they have it set only to 3rd person view then? I'd like to have that file, try it out, and then see if I will like it better than my default file. Please assist. Thanks, Mo.

Comment

Well, if we're resurrecting this thread, at one point I added the 3rd person camera server-side. You would start out in 1st person, then enter a vehicle to get to 3rd person. Then you could climb a ladder to get back to 1st.

It was fun but quite a hassle

Comment

Wow this thread is a year old and still going strong....

Comment

Is there a page on this thread that tells me how to do it myself since there is nothing to download? I didn't read the whole thread only because it is like a book (and I had guests over so no I'm not lazy. Much).

Comment

Thank will be like uber for movie making.I will make a l33B supr pwneage movei.

Good job bro.

Well,heres the small secret,how to remove the name above the player.Add this to console "renderer.drawnametag 0"

Comment

I'm speaking of 3rd person views here, not so much the name tags...

Edit: If anyone reads this in the future, page 20 has a link to a file that is hosted.
                              I'll give this a try tonight.

Comment

This mod was totally awesome. I tried it last night. So, just for the 10th time, there is no way to be able to aim or have cross hairs with this mod, correct?

The silence tells me everything. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X