The Herzog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Herzog

Back when i was new everyones kit i seemed to pick up had the herzog in it.
    Now I have to travel more than 4 or 5 servers to see one user?

Does no one like the herzog anymore?

I have seen some skilled players use it in conjuction with the baur and they were pretty powerful.

Also just a few questions. Does the Herzog 1 hit kill if hit on head?

Do you persoally use the herzog?

If so with what and how?

I rally doubt anyone here uses it because there are so many voss speds :|:

I used to use it back when I still played, and I really only did it to be different (and to satisfy my inner shotgun whore when I had to be medic/assault and couldn't whore the Clark ). The PKs are so much more versatile than the Herzog, which is really more of a last-ditch effort weapon when you run out of bullets than anything else, and most people who play assault for close-quarters situations like on city maps will use the Voss, which is the AR du jour for close-quarters fighting already. And who runs out of ammo with a Voss in the middle of a gunfight, anyway?

~Wolfgang

Comment

I use it to cover the Baur's weakness at close range, and very much enjoy the gun. It's statistically the most powerful close-range weapon in the game right now (its firing rate makes it eclipse the Clark in damage output over time, but post-1.40 the Clark will take its rightful place atop that list). Absolutely nasty in the right hands and with good maneuvering skills.

It is more than a match for the Voss in close quarters, and provided no more than two enemies are present to exploit the small clip size, it can be a real beast.

Does the Herzog 1 hit kill if hit on head?
      Contrary to popular belief, the Herzog CAN one kit kill full health heavy armor. It requires a shot placed somewhere in the upper chest/neck area, so that around half of the shot pellets strike the head hitbox. Shots aiming for the head are aiming for a smaller target, and thus the double damage of those that do hit is more than offset by the majority of the pellets missing the target.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

I used the Herzog and let me tel you it pwned a lot of those pesky knifers after me .

Another question though will the herzog one shot kill light infantry in the chest?

I can see why people prefer the rockets but dam has the herzog helped me.
        Especially since i use the baur.

Comment

Originally posted by PassTheChips View Post

Another question though will the herzog one shot kill light infantry in the chest?
          I'm not certain, but theoretically yes. Light armor doesn't seem to be common enough (I use it) to really be up for a field test publically, but mathematically with the Herzog's 12 pellet loadout at 10 damage apiece, a chest shot at point blank range should register a lethal 120 points of damage. Getting every single pellet to connect in the chest region, however, is another story - the natural spread of the weapon may send one into the lower torso box, one or two into the arm, etc.

I used the Herzog and let me tel you it pwned a lot of those pesky knifers after me .
          Deception is your friend. If I hear the swipe of a missed knife behind me, I will usually pretend not to have noticed, and break into a dead sprint forward. After getting about a seven or eight meter lead on the guy, who due to the lure of fresh tags is probably still following with his blade thinking I have not detected him, I quickly turn around, and while still backpedaling, unload a Herzog blast into him, hitting the deck afterwards to avoid his swipe and finish with a second shot if necessary.

If you got some balls on you, you can try this technique with a knife of your own, unexpectedly whipping around and having him run right into your strike. The risk isn't worth it for me and I'm not a dogtag monkey, so I usually just dispose of them with the shotgun.

I can see why people prefer the rockets but dam has the herzog helped me.
          Especially since i use the baur.
          Seeing as how everyone and their immediate families chooses a Voss / PK / Defib loadout these days for Assault work, I've found a great deal of success in joining a large, relatively close-knit squad using a Baur and BOTH the PK Rockets and the Herzog. Teamwork points from well-placed orders can make up for the defibrillator's absence, there are no shortage of defibs on the battlefield to revive you should you fall, and you are an absolute offensive monster with that loadout.

Comment

hmmm just asking because i spposedly one shotted some infantry today and wanted to know

Comment

I think the herzog will be thrown away after patch 1.4, except for people who like using the baur/herzog combo, where the clark has the same rate of fire as the herzog. Clark has more damage (I think) and has more rounds. Just my opinion.

Comment

But when using the Clark you have horrible range effiency unless your nade spamming which leaves you severly open. Also Clark RDX is a joke if you cant use it right I am getting the hang of it)

The Baur + Herzog how ever allows you to snipe long range with single shot and close range herzog in a pinch (which has saved me a lot today).

+ With the clip expansion you can easily take down 2 people before reloading if your a bad aim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
                  I think the herzog will be thrown away after patch 1.4, except for people who like using the baur/herzog combo...
                  I was unaware of anyone else except Baur users using the Herzog at present! :laugh: It's still the best close-range weapon Assault players have, though many Voss fans will hesitate to admit its superiority over their gun in CQB.

Clark has more damage (I think) and has more rounds. Just my opinion.
                  The shotgun-class weapons expel independently targeted and independently damage-calculated pellets. The Clark fires 12 of them, while the Herzog fires 10. All the pellets do the same damage, but the Clark's advantage post-1.40 will lie in volume of fire.

+ With the clip expansion you can easily take down 2 people before reloading if your a bad aim.
                  In my opinion the clip expansion is a must for the shotgun attachment. Just like the rockets, three is a very awkward number of rounds, usually enough to give you 1 1/2 kills before being pasted against a bulkhead by the guy still at 50% health.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond621 View Post
                    I was unaware of anyone else except Baur users using the Herzog at present! :laugh: It's still the best close-range weapon Assault players have, though many Voss fans will hesitate to admit its superiority over their gun in CQB.
                    Ooops. I put that after I wrote my paragraph without thinking. However occasionally you see the herzog/pk/voss combo.

The shotgun-class weapons expel independently targeted and independently damage-calculated pellets. The Clark fires 12 of them, while the Herzog fires 10. All the pellets do the same damage, but the Clark's advantage post-1.40 will lie in volume of fire.
                    So say each pellet does 1 damage and that theoretically that all pellets hit target. The clark will do 12 while the herzog does 10. Is that right?

In my opinion the clip expansion is a must for the shotgun attachment. Just like the rockets, three is a very awkward number of rounds, usually enough to give you 1 1/2 kills before being pasted against a bulkhead by the guy still at 50% health.
                    Still the clark being able to kill 3 people or 7 if you're good is very different than 2 or 4 with the herzog. But then again you got the baur...

Comment

I use the Herzog whenever I Assault.

Comment

^ Agreed with all of that.

Comment

I've been seeing a lot more people using the Herzog recently.

I like it for it's low recoil and fast fireing.

Comment

So say each pellet does 1 damage and that theoretically that all pellets hit target. The clark will do 12 while the herzog does 10. Is that right?
                            Correct, but the difference is exaggerated since each pellet does 12 points of damage. Clark = 144, Herzog = 120 is more accurate, though with heavy armor that drops to Clark = 108, Herzog = 96. The Herzog fires much quicker pre-1.40 than the Clark, so this overcomes its lower damage to make it the better weapon pound for pound.

Still the clark being able to kill 3 people or 7 if you're good is very different than 2 or 4 with the herzog. But then again you got the baur...
                            True one-hit-kills with either shotgun are rare, though less so with the Clark. The difference comes when you need two shots to kill someone - how long are you going to have to wait before you can unload that second blast to finish the job? The Clark currently fails in this category while the Herzog excels. With the Clark, you either kill them in a single shot or die to any competent player. With the Herzog you have a little more breathing room.

I'm not sure how many people realize how downright nasty the Clark is going to be with its new rate of fire comparable to the Herzog. It is going to go from a close second in CQB killing power to an absolutely dominating and uncontested first by an obscene margin. That is where it should be, mind you, but a lot of people underestimate the impact this will have in Titan corridors and the like. The Clark is going to become very popular very quickly, and provided it is used in the right situation, extremely powerful. Rightfully so - it is a shotgun, after all.

Comment

Tell me is it possible with the Clark attatched to kill 20<. This is the main fault when using the Clark

A sniper can easily pick off someone with the Clark while it is more difficult when a Baur is picking you off.

With the Baur+Herzog combo you can easily pick someone off from a distance and then immediatly switch to close range. The limited ammo should not be a problem because ussually someone is support just ask for a hub.

As a bonus no one ever expects an Assault with a shotgun. Made a few people go wtf when I 1 shotted there behinds with my baur .

The Clark while soon to be the king of CQB will still have some flaws as any un should have.

Comment

Working...
                              X