Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the shots don't register the same. I find far more headshots that were on target to not be recorded as such in 1.6.

Comment

oh, and hostages don't work in assault, so i find it a little ironic that the SAS pictures are both from that map.
      you're like the dumbest person in this thread.. congrats.

Comment

RobinsonCutter wrote..

what do you mean i knew what i was getting into? when i bought CS:S and HL2, i ASSUMED that, being that it was advertised from the start as CS 1.6 + the Source engine's gfx and physics, that it would be just that. that including all the original maps and models, plus. that's what a good many of us thought we were getting into, but they basically just re-released the beta with more maps.

oh, and hostages don't work in assault, so i find it a little ironic that the SAS pictures are both from that map.
        I normally dont say this, but my god get over it. Dont you think its a little late now talking about how and when source was released. If they waited till they fixed and added everything to a game it would take forever for it to come out. Then people would complain its taking to long. And if they release it before that people complain its not completed and theres too many bugs. No matter what company of this size does they cannot please everyone and i think valve is well aware of this and has been.

Comment

ma_cherie wrote..

That's not ironic. I wish you people would learn what irony is.
          irony: 2: characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is

It's expected that, since it's a hostage rescue map, the CTs will win by rescuing the hostages. I assume that's why they chose that map for the shots. However, what actually happens is that the hostages get stuck, preventing the expected and meaning that making the map anything more than a deathmatch pointless. Sounds like irony to me.

my point here is, if you say i don't know what irony is, you probably just went over the material on literary irony such as dramatic irony in your 10th grade english class. unfortunately for you, irony has more uses than in just a literary sense. byte me.

Comment

Comment

RobinsonCutter wrote..

irony: 2: characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is

It's expected that, since it's a hostage rescue map, the CTs will win by rescuing the hostages. I assume that's why they chose that map for the shots
              uhhh what does it being a hostage rescue map have anything to do with screen shots of the new SAS model.

Comment

because, it's a hostage rescue map with hostages you can't rescue. i'm saying it's ironic because they're showcasing the new CTs (hostage-rescueers <sp?>) on the one map where they're pointless.

Comment

It's extremely indirectly ironic. It doesn't show them rescuing hostages, it doesn't involve hostages at all in those screenshots. If it was showcasing some new hostage models, and showed the hostages in the process of being rescued in assault, then there would be some mentionable level of irony. As it is in those screenshots, it's pointless to mention it.

Comment

i said a little ironic in the first place, stop fucking overanalyzing the comment. damn.

Comment

xlokix wrote..

They always show them spreading their legs.
                      That comment made me moist

Comment

The model is looking really good! Add the l33t kr3w for T plz

Comment

does anyone even rescue hostages on the 1.6 version of cs_assault? who would let the CTs even get that far?

Comment

The Iranian Embassy storming in 1980 in London, by the SAS, left the terrorists dead. Only then were the hostages recued.

They didn't try to run away with hostages running in strange fashion behind them, while the Terrorists were roaming around the SAS vans "rushing their spawn".

Irony goes out the window and is not relevant here.

Comment

I like how it took them over 1 year to release a nother mod. its quite amuseing the things the community wants the most are always what comes last one of these days valve will quit thinking its the only game company out there and maybe for once try to compeate with the market GG valve

Comment

ukHazard wrote..

The Iranian Embassy storming in 1980 in London, by the SAS, left the terrorists dead. Only then were the hostages recued.

They didn't try to run away with hostages running in strange fashion behind them, while the Terrorists were roaming around the SAS vans "rushing their spawn".

Irony goes out the window and is not relevant here.
                                that's because the hossies got stuck

Comment

Working...
                                X