No announcement yet.

The Herzog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the ammo upgrade now, but haven't been playing assault much as I was working on my Support Gold badges (still need the resupply, but should have that tonight ). I'll be playing around with Assault next, so we'll see what type of fun I can get into with kits

Comment

Herzog?

Yuck.

Why would you handicap yourself by not using the rockets? I feel rockets profoundly outweigh the Herzog in efficieny and practicality.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefoo View Post
        Herzog?

Yuck.

Why would you handicap yourself by not using the rockets? I feel rockets profoundly outweigh the Herzog in efficieny and practicality.
        The rockets are useless below 20 m, and every other assault in your squad will be carrying them. A Herzog gives you a CQB advantage.
        Besides that I am getting tired of the endless spamming of various explosives, and don't want to add to that.

Comment

let me get this straight
          Can herzog kill a heavy armoured soldier when hit in the torso up close?

Comment

In patch 1.4 the clark is getting is RoF increased, is this the same with the herzog or have they finally made a change to distinguish between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
              In patch 1.4 the clark is getting is RoF increased, is this the same with the herzog or have they finally made a change to distinguish between the two.
              One of the DICEs said it was done so the Clark would have an advantage over the Herzog, since it is a primary weapon.

I think they will have the same ROF after the patch

Comment

Originally posted by gamefoo View Post
                Herzog?

Yuck.

My thoughts exactly.

The rockets can kill people in cover at great distances. The herzog can do the same job that you should be able to do with your baur.

Comment

Reply to the previous post about equiping both the Herzog and PK's instead of one and the defib

WHY???? If I am going to switch kits with you after you die for the sole purpose of reviving you so that you can help me/squad/team, why would you not have one of the most critical upgrades for your kit? There is a reason that the defib is one of two of the first unlocks for that class.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoFodder View Post
                    My thoughts exactly.

The rockets can kill people in cover at great distances. The herzog can do the same job that you should be able to do with your baur.
                    But it does it better.
                    Is it wrong to use a Clark, because you should be able to do the same with a lmg?

Comment

The 2 shotguns will have the same RoF after the patch, since with the Herzog you also have an assault rifle but with the Clark all you have is the pistol.

And to all those using PK/Herzog combos: please don't. It's a waste of effort. Carry a defib instead of both add-ons, they use the same ammo so you'll run out twice as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                        One of the DICEs said it was done so the Clark would have an advantage over the Herzog, since it is a primary weapon.

I think they will have the same ROF after the patch
                        Correct. There's a YouTube video out there with a guy who compared the two in the 1.40 beta - the RoF is now the same.

Comment

Bah! By the time you pull off 2 shots (which are required to kill) with the herzog shotgun a Voss user will destroy you. Simply aiming at the upper chest and letting the recoil take it up the head will get the kill quicker.

So I must agree with gamefoo, Herzog is more of a handicap.

@Diamond
                          Watch out buddy, players like me don't chase people with out knifes out. If I miss the knife and I see some movement after, I don't think twice, the gun will be out.

Comment

Never take the Herzog over the Defibs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Divine View Post
                              Bah! By the time you pull off 2 shots (which are required to kill) with the herzog shotgun a Voss user will destroy you. Simply aiming at the upper chest and letting the recoil take it up the head will get the kill quicker.
                              I think your data is flawed, have you actually tried the Herzog?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                                I think your data is flawed, have you actually tried the Herzog?
                                Ok you do realize that the Herzog is limited because you have to switch to it first in order to fire it? If you could fire it while in rifle mode (like another button) then it would work.

The three seconds it takes to swap weapon modes is more than enough time for anyone to take you out.

The only equipment an assault must have is rockets and defib. Anything less is depriving yourself of the class.

Comment

Working...
                                X