Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Originally posted by Spaztek View Post
            After I installed 1.4 beta, I am unable to join any games. It loads fine, but as soon as I click 'join game' I get a CTD.

I've cleaned everything up, and reinstalled with the usual bag of tricks, but same problem. Anyone else have this problem and know a fix ?
            I used the incremental version for 1.40, but still have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
              We purposefully avoided the single shot LMG in 2142. Having the LMGs start with bad accuracy but get more accurate as they fired allowed us to make the LMG something other than a beefed up assault rifle.
              Thank you for that BTW,

Originally posted by m3talc0re View Post
              I didn't think about backing my files up and I didn't read anything anywhere about warning me to back them up.
              This is why I leave it up to you brave souls to do the beta, I'll just sit back and reap you the rewards of your hard work.

Originally posted by DrJambo View Post
              I like the speedier shotgun, not that I didn't like it before! Nice to see it can really compete in close quarter combat with all those assault players.
              I can't wait, I already put up a wee bit of fight, but I think the buffed ROF may help a bit too.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
                They are not fine right now. They WERE fine.

To put it in perspective, about 5-10% of Support players used the Ganz.

Now I would say ATLEAST 50% of Support players use the Ganz.

This is assuming they have the Ganz, and they do not have the clark. Strictly LMG vs Ganz.
                I deffenetly have to dissagree with you , mainly becuse before they sorted it support sluts were able to strafe and still get headsots from 75 meters away

The LMG's are support weapons not assault rifles.

Comment

Hey Merlin,

Is that a "support slut" that I see firing a Clark in your signature? You might wish to rethink your terminology since it casts aspersions on an entire class. All classes have their place and are useful. Right now I find less support people than any other class played so I find your comments unsupported. Maybe in the past that was not the case but we are currently in 1.25 and things have changed.

Comment

I always play support, and freely admit that I'm a slut! Not in Bf 2142, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Slim1951 View Post
                      Hey Merlin,

Is that a "support slut" that I see firing a Clark in your signature? You might wish to rethink your terminology since it casts aspersions on an entire class. All classes have their place and are useful. Right now I find less support people than any other class played so I find your comments unsupported. Maybe in the past that was not the case but we are currently in 1.25 and things have changed.
                      What has the Clark got to do with LMG's?

Yeah I know you generally see less support guys ATM, but what im fearing is once DICE make the changes to LMG's there will be loads of players taking the LMG just so they get an accurate weapon with loads of bullets that can out shoot snipers & run around like rambo!!!

Anyone remeber the M60 from BFV? Even worse than the PKM from BF2. Different games exactly the same problem

Comment

I'd love to see you run around with an LMG and hit anything past 5m. Up to and including the side of a barn.

Comment

I'd love to see you run around with an LMG and hit anything past 5m. Up to and including the side of a barn.
                          Hitting anything is easy, just watch this actual combat footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXM5uv5oWqg

Now hitting something specific might be a different matter

Comment

Hitting ANYTHING is easy? You've never seen me play then, Vreki!:laugh:

Comment

The kit customization works globally.

As for the 2nd one, I'm curious to see the public's opinion, since they were oh-so-vocal about the LMGs after the last patch. Is the change: Better? Enough? Too much?
                              Being a fan of the Bianchi LMG I really hate the changes made in 1.25. After playing 1.40 Beta for a few rounds, I have the following comments concerning the Bianchi and Shuko LMGs.

- The up/down and left/right recoil were doubled in 1.25. In 1.40 the left/right recoil was changed back to pre-1.25 numbers, but the up/down recoil is still twice what it used to be. This causes excesive recoil in the upward direction after a long burst of fire. Since the LMGs need long bursts of fire to become accurate, the excessive up/down recoil is still a detriment to accurate suppressive fire. LMGs are supposed to be able to support the riflemen on the move, hence the reason why they are light. If you need to go prone to shoot accurately, then the Gantz is more appropriate (especially when defending static positions). Please change the up/down recoil variables to their original values. There is no reason for this change in the first place.

On the positive side, the changes made to the Clark shotgun and SCAR-11 are long overdue and welcome. The Clark is now a more effective CQB weapon, the rapid follow-up shots makes it a weapon to be feared by the assault class at close range. The SCAR-11 recoil reduction and increase in accuracy during burst fire put this weapon on equal footing when going against the Voss or Krylov.

Comment

Working...
                              X