This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

entRo wrote..

No, you shouldn't be allowed to enter because they were trying to keep the layout the same. Adding new rooms would just mess it up. If you're getting excited over empty space, bash your head into your fist now.
    They added two new rooms. Restroom and locker room.

Comment

Some_God wrote..

Why do people need to read articles that explain how the NEW train is different from the OLD train? Just play the game... you learn AND have fun at the same time! :O

Amazing.
      i like the comparisons amped does, they notice and point out things i otherwise wouldnt have ever noticed.

and since steam is acting like a homosexual and css has been, "currently unavailable" and wont update since yesterday, its nice to have a bunch of screenshots and info to oogle over.

Comment

Thanks for voicing your opinion, HACKER HELL STORM (I enjoy screaming that liner).

Comment

Too much visual garbage. Clean out all of the useless junk, the novelty of "dude, this map is totally Source-ified!" has worn off.

Comment

Ah, I get it. the de_train in CSS uses different textures than the 1.6 de_train! It all makes perfect sense now!

Comment

Some_God wrote..

Why do people need to read articles that explain how the NEW train is different from the OLD train? Just play the game... you learn AND have fun at the same time! :O

Amazing.
              I don't have CS:S and I love these articles.
              DchozN wrote..

The Source de_train port is the best map port thus far, and is great as de_train is one of my favorite maps. The main layout has been kept intact without any major changes tailored for novice players (such as the case with de_dust2 and the lovely redesigned "Middle" area, butchered Bombsite B, and other changes), however, aesthetically speaking, everything has been revamped for the better, but not overdone.
              What's so different about dust2? He needs to analyze the changes in that one then. -.- Wish I had CS:S myself...I would prefer to find out myself but oh well.

Comment

DchozN wrote..

Thanks for voicing your opinion, HACKER HELL STORM (I enjoy screaming that liner).
                can i scream that too?

Comment

why do i feel like im shrinking when im at the trainyard next to t spawn?

Comment

asked this in the other thread but this one too:

why do 'pro players' believe CS:S isnt ready for competitive play, or fun to play competitively?

just wondering u know, sensible concrete answers pls.

Comment

I guess 'pro' players want no textures on anything, T's should be all red and CT's all blue, and all geometry should be perfect cubes, and gameplay should never change, only one pistol and one rifle per side, so as to be so pure, completely anti novice, anti casual player, so pro players can continue to beat off to how professional they are, those wonderful e-sportsters that continue to bitch CS into new heights of never changingness.

Comment

Nice that they haven't messed it up all that much, although it could have been slightly more like the original for my likes, but that's just pickiness really. I'm sure enough new camp spots will appear to replace the old ones.
                        Bigun wrote..

asked this in the other thread but this one too:

why do 'pro players' believe CS:S isnt ready for competitive play, or fun to play competitively?

just wondering u know, sensible concrete answers pls.
                        I don't claim to be at all good at either version of CS, but I've noticed a lot of small differences between the two.

I'd say things like "laggy" feel (it always seems slightly jerky, no matter what ping or config I have), or the weird motion (the fact you don't actually stop straight away when you let go of a button), or how you can't actually see where your bullets are going that easily, or the screwy hitboxes. Things like that can really affect how a game plays when added together.

You might say "so what?", but this isn't just any old random game. If it were an original game, it could stand or fall based on its own merits, but CS:S is trying to remake a massively popular game, and as such, needs to do it faithfully.

Comment

Thortok2000 wrote..

What's so different about dust2? He needs to analyze the changes in that one then. -.-
                          He did -.-

Comment

i like the new train map. there isn't as much small little gap where ppl can camp under the train now. hehe. but i do love the new T spawn, the name under the radar.

Comment

FightingChance wrote..

I guess 'pro' players want no textures on anything, T's should be all red and CT's all blue, and all geometry should be perfect cubes, and gameplay should never change, only one pistol and one rifle per side, so as to be so pure, completely anti novice, anti casual player, so pro players can continue to beat off to how professional they are, those wonderful e-sportsters that continue to bitch CS into new heights of never changingness.
                              For one, it's missing most of the maps that were in pro play. Competetive/Pro play only uses de_ maps because cs_ maps are incredibly CT sided. This is because if you save all the hostages, you get $10,000+. If you do this first round, the Ts are fucked. And when your missing key maps like de_inferno and de_nuke, and a fucked up de_dust2, there's going to be a lot of repetion of maps.

Comment

what about the carebears?

Will they be ported to source?

Comment

Working...
                                X