This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wolf8218 wrote..

and what up with the DTOTD? (down time of the day)
    yeah getting regular now

Comment

Zips wrote..

Because it will still eliminate those idiots who opt to cheat and then get perma-banned for it. They'll then either have to take the time to buy a new game or just get the hell out of CS completely. VAC2-proof cheats will show up, but the number of cheaters using them will be significantly less each time VAC2 is updated.

You didn't buy CS: Source. You bought Half-Life 2, and got CS: Source for free. Also consider that the old CS took about 4-5 years to get to where it is now, you shouldn't be complaining that the new CS: Source isn't the model of perfection just yet. Of course it never will be since people complain about everything no matter what.
      the only reason i bought hl2 was for css, i spent an extra $10 to get hl1 source and what the hell was that meant to be? new water? thats it and no future updates?

cs didnt take 4-5 years to get where it is now, it was fine back at 1.1 with a few bugs but the game was sound. ever since then the game has gotten worse. plus look at how much more effective cd is than vac, so where does this admiration of vac come from? punkbuster was better than vac.

there are basic bugs in css that were in the original cs and fixed years ago, such as throwing a grenade at someone point blank fixes them to the spot, it wouldnt take much for valve to get rid of this bug.

why is there no anti cheat straight away with css? considering the code was leaked/stolen why did they wait until after they had released the games to start programming anti cheat?

and css was marketed as a direct port of cs 1.6, there are hardly any maps, we have seen the last of as mode, basic physics and valves ridiculous interpolation feature are completely screwed and no skins. yet they have designed new if crappy maps instead of working on converting the old ones. the game has been ridden with bugs since its release and so why was it released unfinished? doug lombardi said it is being released becasuse it is "done." in what way is it any way near done? aside from the graphics looking nicer, the game is a huge step back.

plus if valve arent going to live up to their promise of a direct 1.6 port, then where are the new modes? css is a game on a brand new highly adaptable engine that is limited to a 7 year old engine. they cant think up of any basic way to improve css and make it even remotely modern aside from the graphics? ooh flashbangs ooh.

the fact is valve are good at half life but terrible at cs, they always have been, and they are scared shitless of messing around with cs in case they do anything that makes it less popular and yet that is exactly what will make it less popular

Comment

Edited by [user="55531"] @ [time="1112119288"]

Crazychicken, I salute you. Will Valve EVER admit there is an inherent problem with the way the netcode / interp works, or do they lack the necessary skills to fix it? I think it's a kick in the teeth that one of the biggest game crippling problems has yet to be addressed. Yes these problems do take time to fix, but no one is telling us if they are going to be fixed, and when they are going to fix them. I for one would rather see a stable client interpretation system rather than some half assed attempt at modelling a Navy Seal.

Fix the game. Please...

Comment

Don't forget, you also got DoD:S with that 10 extra bucks... when it comes out in 2007

Comment

Edited by [user="151473"] @ [time="1112137244"]

crazychicken wrote..

the only reason i bought hl2 was for css, i spent an extra $10 to get hl1 source and what the hell was that meant to be? new water? thats it and no future updates?
            You should have known ahead of time what HL: Source was going to be. There were images out there for it, and nobody every promoted a "total conversion" of the original game. You just took it to mean as such.
            cs didnt take 4-5 years to get where it is now, it was fine back at 1.1 with a few bugs but the game was sound. ever since then the game has gotten worse. plus look at how much more effective cd is than vac, so where does this admiration of vac come from? punkbuster was better than vac.
            That's a subjective comment and you know it. A lot of people would take 1.6 over 1.1 any day, myself included. Others would take 1.3 over 1.6, or 1.1 over 1.3. It's all subjective. How much more effective CD is? Here's a bit of a clue, there are easy work arounds for CD. Very easy ones. I won't mention what they are here, so I'll leave it up to you to figure out where to look for them if you're so inclined. I won't even mention how CD can't issue global, permanent bans across all servers.
            there are basic bugs in css that were in the original cs and fixed years ago, such as throwing a grenade at someone point blank fixes them to the spot, it wouldnt take much for valve to get rid of this bug.

why is there no anti cheat straight away with css? considering the code was leaked/stolen why did they wait until after they had released the games to start programming anti cheat?
            You bring up that grenade thing and don't bother to mention that it's an entirely new engine? Wow.

Why no anti-cheat yet? Same reason. New engine. Cheats hook into the game differently than before, and if it's (VAC2) an entirely new system, then code has to be rewritten or started from scratch.
            and css was marketed as a direct port of cs 1.6, there are hardly any maps, we have seen the last of as mode, basic physics and valves ridiculous interpolation feature are completely screwed and no skins. yet they have designed new if crappy maps instead of working on converting the old ones. the game has been ridden with bugs since its release and so why was it released unfinished? doug lombardi said it is being released becasuse it is "done." in what way is it any way near done? aside from the graphics looking nicer, the game is a huge step back.
            Barely anyone ever played "as" mode. The map would change to tundra or oilrig and 3/4ths of the server would drop out.

You know, and I know that if the game wasn't released with Half-Life 2, there would be even more crying and boo-hooing from every single (immature) CS fan out there because they didn't have their game from day 1.

There are only so many people who map and are working on CS. Hence the reason why Turtlerock has started to convert maps as well. To convert a map and actually make it look presentable while searching for every single exploit to try and plug up before release takes a lot of time.

I would really like to hear of one major videogame that doesn't have one single bug less than a year after its release. All games have bugs, so don't go raising hell just because CS: Source isn't an exception to the rule. Just be fortunate that Valve cares enough to issue (near) weekly updates. No other gaming company comes close to doing that, and there are many who should.

Oh yeah, CS: Source was dubbed as a direct port of 1.6, but was then slated to incorporate the best qualities of 1.6 and the best qualites of CS: CZ, exactly what they did.
            plus if valve arent going to live up to their promise of a direct 1.6 port, then where are the new modes? css is a game on a brand new highly adaptable engine that is limited to a 7 year old engine. they cant think up of any basic way to improve css and make it even remotely modern aside from the graphics? ooh flashbangs ooh.
            Alright, go suggest new changes and additions to anyone on the CS: Source Steam boards. You'll be boo'ed, laughed at, and outright riddiculed by most everyone there. Why? People hate change, especially when it comes to their beloved CS. You should have seen the hell that was raised because they took out something so minor as the silencer quick switch exploit, or the quick switch between the AWP and the deagle back in 1.6. Because it takes a whole second more to actually go through the animation on the M4 silencer...

I don't mind change at all. I'm all for change because it's sure as hell easy to adapt, but everyone else is like "NO!" and won't have any of it.
            the fact is valve are good at half life but terrible at cs, they always have been, and they are scared shitless of messing around with cs in case they do anything that makes it less popular and yet that is exactly what will make it less popular
            So them not doing anything radical is making the game less popular? Well... I guess CS: Source being the 2nd highest played FPS online (second only to CS1.6 right now) is meaningless.

And like I said, "change" to the CS community is worse than the end of the world.

Comment

ICE]V[AN wrote..

just to add a bit here.... everyone seems to forget old cs is still bug ridden as well... some of those bugs are considered "features" now.. and others are just accepted and ignored
              what bugs are now considered deatures?

Comment

Edited by [user="268477"] @ [time="1112142857"]

Zips wrote..

I would really like to hear of one major videogame that doesn't have one single bug less than a year after its release.
                Doom III was feature complete and bug free out the door. A single follow up patch was issued to manage save game size.

Counter Strike: Source seems laughably amateur when analyzed objectively. While it retains the classic action gameplay that makes CS intensely popular and fun, it seems all the broken and bad DNA from 6 years ago and possibly older still live on despite a fresh engine and probably a mostly new development team. The Terrorist model has no chin and has a rigging error in it hand that continiously cycles in my console, and the CT model's arms clip through it's vest, as if the weights were painted incorrectly. And this is a finished product - someone had to sign off on these. I expect this level of polish from Valu-Soft, not Valve. And certainly not after 5 years.

Comment

Edited by [user="151473"] @ [time="1112143127"]

Doom 3 was also just a tech demo, with less than 10 hours worth of horribly predictable gameplay (on the first run through). It was also in production for longer than HL2 I believe.

Comment

That's a subjective comment and you know it.

My evidence stands.

Comment

GOD IS DEAD

Comment

doom3 was crap, it was just the same thing over and over again. *dark room, no light, aliens*

Comment

You fucking moron, hes not talking about the gameplay. all hes saying is that each room in that game took approx. 4x as much work as any map in css would and even then they executed them correctly, while in contrast Valve FUCKED css up so much.

Comment

Edited by [user="151473"] @ [time="1112159415"]

FightingChance wrote..

That's a subjective comment and you know it.

My evidence stands.
                            Your evidence?
                            Counter Strike: Source seems laughably amateur when analyzed objectively. While it retains the classic action gameplay that makes CS intensely popular and fun, it seems all the broken and bad DNA from 6 years ago and possibly older still live on despite a fresh engine and probably a mostly new development team. The Terrorist model has no chin
                            And that isn't subjective? Get off your high horse and sit down.

Comment

He's right though. CS:S is like CS's bigger, stronger, but mentally challenged brother.

Comment

Edited by [user="235656"] @ [time="1112168657"]

Truth is you guys will never be happy with css ,you will always complain about somthin even the small things .so you guys suck balls

Comment

Working...
                                X