This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft 3 XP Updated

At some point, most Counter-Strike 1.6 public gamers have found themselves on a Warcraft 3 CS server. The mod which infuses a number of Warcraft 3 features into the Counter-Striked world hit version 2.6 recently. The latest version requires at least AMX Mod X 1.0 in order to run.
    • AMX is NOT supported. You must use AMXX 1.0 or newer.

• CS 1.5 and WON are NOT supported. You must use STEAM/CS 1.6

• The old flat file save method is removed. The plugin now uses VAULT by default, MySQL is optional in the CFG. The plugin will still convert war3users.ini files into VAULT.

• Blood Elf is no longer part of the plugin in "Original Mode"

• To get Blood Elf and 3 new races, enable "EXPANDED_RACES" in the CFG file. The 3 new races are Troll, Dwarf, and Lich.

• Many old config options have been removed. We have trimmed some features that had little to do with WC3 out of the code. You can find similar plugins at amxmodx.org
    [break="more changes"]
    • Weapons do not drop in front of players who had reincarnated anymore

• VAULT is far more reliable with tracking when to delete a player's data

• Added a config option ORCNADELESS. This is on by default and works like version 2.5. The plugin causes orc nades to do less damage than normal if you do not have the option ORCNECKLACE enabled. Turning off ORCNADELESS will return orc grenades to max damage.

• VAULT will work with SAVE_WITH_IP now

• You can say "shopmenu" now rather than having to bind it

• Admins can now give or take XP with wc3_givexp

• Freeze round and many other speed-related bugs have been fixed

Many many many many runtime errors fixed
    Sorry folks, I know you're disappointed, but the fact remains that the latest version simply won't work on WON servers any more. A thanks goes out to CS-Nation member n1k23 for this news.

You mean people still play this piece of shit?

Comment

did people ever play this peice of shit?

wc3 = bane of my existance.

Comment

Edited by [user="23037"] @ [time="1121732327"]

I'm reluctant to disparage something imaginative and which a lot of players are rumored to enjoy. But gee-effin'-whiz I hate this mod. Nothing pisses me off like hunting around for a server with a good ping, no bots, open slots, not too many people, etc. etc. etc. (yeah, I'm picky, sue me), and then seeing the WC3 resources start downloading. A few uttered expletives, and frantic clicks of the mouse, and I've avoided the near disaster of being subjected to that travesty.

To the coders of the WC3 mod, I am a coder myself, and I understand that it's difficult to hear criticism of this sort. But why, oh why, didn't you create your own standalone mod instead of piggybacking all your development on top of a game which, to say the least, is totally out of theme from the WarCraft world/weapons/characters/etc?

This could have been a far, far better mod if you'd used your own models, your own weapons, your own objectives, your own maps. It just rings so hollow and cheap when I see an orc dressed as a CT, carrying a rifle, walking through an urban setting to defuse a beeping block of C4. If you'd been slightly more original with a bit more effort, it could have been something really special.

Instead, you're leeching off the popularity of someone else's cohesive mod, mixing your oranges in with their apples, and (judging from the comments thus far) pissing a fair number of people off. *shakes head sadly*

--Scanner

Comment

Now thats what I call constructive criticism...

Comment

Well said Mr Scanner.

Comment

i think "fuck em" is constructive enough.

Comment

yes.

to all of it

Comment

2 years ago, i posted some news about a new version of wc3. The mod said "Ha, no one plays that shit you noob!"

Things are still the same.

Comment

Scanner.

best. comment. ever.

Comment

Edited by [user="275111"] @ [time="1121744249"]

I like it so screw you guys.

It broke my excitement after reading that this was not an informational news about them going to CS:S instead

Also, what 7 year old can't go to thesaurus website and find some more than 3 syllables common words and post some bullshit up to back his ridiculous opinion out?

It was a half constructive criticism it should have been. Mostly just rants and whining which no one but haters care about.

If you don't like it, either don't say a word and ignore this news post, or make something more constructive than Scanner to back your dislerishment.

I for one like that CSN is trying to make themselves look move alive than a site which updates every 3 months.

PS: I know this is coming from a person who has random capitals in his name, and to tell you the truth, I don't fucking care to what your opinion about my name is.

Comment

Scanner wrote..

I'm reluctant to disparage something imaginative and which a lot of players are rumored to enjoy. But gee-effin'-whiz I hate this mod. Nothing pisses me off like hunting around for a server with a good ping, no bots, open slots, not too many people, etc. etc. etc. (yeah, I'm picky, sue me), and then seeing the WC3 resources start downloading. A few uttered expletives, and frantic clicks of the mouse, and I've avoided the near disaster of being subjected to that travesty.

To the coders of the WC3 mod, I am a coder myself, and I understand that it's difficult to hear criticism of this sort. But why, oh why, didn't you create your own standalone mod instead of piggybacking all your development on top of a game which, to say the least, is totally out of theme from the WarCraft world/weapons/characters/etc?

This could have been a far, far better mod if you'd used your own models, your own weapons, your own objectives, your own maps. It just rings so hollow and cheap when I see an orc dressed as a CT, carrying a rifle, walking through an urban setting to defuse a beeping block of C4. If you'd been slightly more original with a bit more effort, it could have been something really special.

Instead, you're leeching off the popularity of someone else's cohesive mod, mixing your oranges in with their apples, and (judging from the comments thus far) pissing a fair number of people off. *shakes head sadly*

--Scanner
                        It's actually a great mod I used to play it back on 1.6 and possibly 1.5. If you check the main webpage they are looking for a modeler right now so that's in the process. Their will never be a stand alone mod unless you plan on codding it.

Comment

Warcraft 3 mod is dog shit. End of story. Whoever likes that shit is a living example of the benefits of an abortion.

Oh, and Scanner wins the prize. That was the greatest anything I have ever read.

Comment

Pretty much what everyone else said, hate this mod, hate accidentally getting into a server and then seeing half invisible cts run around.

And someone give scanner a baby.

Comment

i rather play supehero mod(even though its a torture) instead of warcraft.

Comment

Working...
                              X