No announcement yet.

Pod Surfing Cheat or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well DICE did chime in on things and it looks like 1.40 is going to remove pod surfing.

Demize's post: http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=16
    Thread that post is from: http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25421

Case closed.

Comment

• *SNIFF* what will i do before the server starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrenchDigger View Post
        the reason why it should be considered illegal because it requires a 3rd party device to accomplish. There are no ingame mouse sensitivity settings that you can adjust on the fly to pod surf the distance that some people are able to achieve. It's about the same as using a g15 and programming macros in my opinion.

Sometimes in life just because you can do something does not always mean you should do it.
        Sorry........

You do not need any special '3rd party' equipment.... standard microsoft mouse

Comment

• You're not thinking in 3 dimensions

Comment

• Originally posted by VT Nerd View Post
            Well DICE did chime in on things and it looks like 1.40 is going to remove pod surfing.

Demize's post: http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=16
            Thread that post is from: http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25421

Case closed.
            good as im fed up with the dam thing....if they wanted you to podsurf they would give you a red bull sponsorship to go with it......:laugh:

Comment

• Originally posted by bdazzld View Post
              Sorry........

You do not need any special '3rd party' equipment.... standard microsoft mouse
              Yes but i have the standard mouse and when i have tried it i only move a couple of metres in the way that i want to, whereas with mice that can alter the dpi you can go for ages and completely direct your movement.

I honestly dont mind controlling them a few metres, but from what i have seen in the worst cases, people are exploiting it.

Comment

• I'll be glad to see it gone. Was a nice novelty when I first found out about it but now its widespread knowledge it can get ridiculous when everyone's at it

Tbh they could get rid of the beacon entirely and i wouldn't be bothered

By the way IIRC it's vehicle sensitivity that makes the difference for controlling pod spin - and TrenchDigger is right, with a programmed mouse you can adjust your mouse sensitivity on the fly

Comment

• I still think they should allow a few meters, surfing across maps is certainly bending the rules on fair play. As long as i can get on roofs i'll be happy ;-)

Comment

• Pod surfing is banned in my country now!

the 1.4 patch that stops pod surfing is taking effect to the ganeral population

Comment

• The only reason i have ever pod surfed is to get on roofs, but you can do that with RDX demo pacs and its more accurate than pod surfing. I dont think too many people will complain its been stopped.

The way EA are reducing everything in the patch we will soon be running around with wooden swords or plastic base ball bats.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddiecatflap View Post
                        The only reason i have ever pod surfed is to get on roofs, but you can do that with RDX demo pacs and its more accurate than pod surfing. I dont think too many people will complain its been stopped.
                        RDX jumping only works on FF-off servers, and people who want a real game don't play on FF off servers.

Originally posted by eddiecatflap View Post
                        The way EA are reducing everything in the patch we will soon be running around with wooden swords or plastic base ball bats.
                        Yeah, nevermind that they are buffing the Clark and SCAR.

~Wolfgang

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragbag View Post
                          purposely coded into the game.
                          WRONG. In fact DICE is changing it so that you cannot pod surf anymore in the next patch. Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                          X