• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

Originally posted by Skaggy
    I want it to be on Steam :3
    Winnar!

I really hope it is, other EA games are on steam and it would reach out to a completely different audience as well, which is good for sales. I know plenty of people that didn't buy Crysis for example until it was on steam.

Comment

I would like to see more buildings you can enter. I know Frostbite is bringing this but I'm looking for complex buildings with windows you can shoot from/jump out of, and cupboards you can hide in!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers
        Fully Customizeable.
        Yea, I want a extensive unlock system. I would also like the ranking system to be a little harder then 2142 which was not hard at all make it somewhere between BF2, and 2142. I would like the ranking system to be real ranks though like BF2 doesn't matter what branch or army just make sure its authentic and not Captain Gold like 2142. I get why they did it, but I am not a fan.

Comment

I hope they keep all the essentials from BF2 and improve on them. Upgrade the graphics to today's standards so that they are not so demanding when they release it in 2010 or so.

Comment

modern day setting, e.g afghan and iraq.
            fully customizable weapons and kits.
            fully real time destructive terrain.
            realistic war situations and conflicts.
            a range of settings, e.g Africa, Middle east, Tropical.
            realistic weapons and vehicles.
            some kind of tactical game play with an objective, not just run around aimlessly killing things that move all the time.

ill think of more later.

Comment

A different game mode would be cool

Comment

oh yeah, and it needs to be Modable so Elxx can make us a new sandbox

Comment

My Wish: The Game Will not get Boring after a Few Months.

The Same gamplay As BF2 that lasted for 3 to 4 Years!

Dont Ruin the Battlefield

Comment

Proper hit registration.

Higher ticket count for high population servers. Maps often cycle too fast with 64 players in BF2.
                    Map diversity.
                    Some epic BF1942 type maps, with massive vehicle set-piece movements. Which is becoming less frequent as the series progresses (BFV, BF2, BF2142).
                    Urban maps which have multiple levels, rooftops and interiors. But not too in-depth though, Battlefield has always been about exteriors. Grappling hooks and Ziplines would add an interesting dimension.
                    Some maps with faction asymmetry. Army technology vs militant technicals in an urban enviroment.
                    Multi-crew vehicles for the larger maps. An El-Alamein type map with AC130 Spectre gunship. Midway and Coral Sea type maps with a carrier, aircraft, submarines and ships.
                    A Titan type mode for naval combat. The aircraft carrier being the Titan. The objective being to either sink the carrier by bombardment (from aircraft, submarines and ships) or by infantry boarding and destroying the carrier's nuclear engine in the interior. Defense of the carrier would be by infantry in the interior. The carriers external weapon mounts for air defense (like the Phalanx). Aircraft, submarines and ships would screen carrier.
                    Even without the Titan mode, a good compliment of aircraft for the carriers would be welcome. A variety in the types of aircraft.
                    Basically a mix between Desert Combat, Battlefield 2 and natural design progression.

A variety in distinct weapon systems.
                    * Shaped Charges. Attached to the exterior of vehicles and buildings. Kill all occupants without causing any structural damage, leaving them prime for takeover.
                    * Blowtorch-flamethrower combo. The focused cutting can disable a vehicles propulsion. The flamethrower places long-burning flaming napalm on terrain and objects, setting any infantry that passes alight.
                    * Frag, stun, smoke, toxin gas grenades.
                    * Portable Stinger\IGLA for the AT class.
                    * Portable combat shield for the Assault\CQB class.
                    * Static heavy weapon emplacements. TOW, Stingers, 20mm FlaK cannons, grenade machine guns, 50 cal pillbox\guard towers\body shields\bunkers, usable howitzer artillery, mortars and CIWS turrets.
                    * Offensive team support structures. Steath bomber carrying a nuke, stratofortress carries a carpet bombing load, stealth fighter carries an EMP bomb, individual general purpose cruise missiles. These aircraft can be shot down mid flight by friendly aircraft.
                    * Ziplines and grappling hooks.
                    * Electronic counter measures and active point defence systems for tanks.
                    * Some form of entrenchment. Maybe with the a digging tool.
                    * etc.

The ability to climb through tight windows or over obstacles by pressing 'space'.
                    Locational damage for vehicles. If a tankis hit in the rear engine compartment, the damage should cause a speed reduction so the tank can't quickly flee and repair.
                    Firing into the engine intake of a diving aircraft with small arms should cause significant damage and speed reduction.
                    I'd like to see 'Battlefield moments', like ramping, flipping and crashing through walls especially with ultra-light transports (DPV, FAV, quad-bikes).
                    The full vehicular BF experience. It must be accepted that certain vehicles do excel at their purpose. It is just that domination musn't be so extreme that an entire team are left actionless. So proper balance is necessary.

Factions.
                    USA vs China on tropical island jungles, industrial complexes and cities.
                    EU vs RF on snowy alpine villages, forrests, mega-project locales such as harbours, dams, nuclear power plants, oil rigs, bridges etc.
                    Coalition vs Militants on desert dunes, oasis villages and war ravaged cities.

I obviously value gameplay and content over graphics . Though I would prefer a colourful and lively palette of BF1943 likeness instead of the dull browns, greys and greens seen in some war games.

I would retain the commander.
                    The 'red blip' from the spotting system should NOT indicate direction.
                    The satscan should be slow charging and rarely used, if not completely removed.
                    The regular sattelite zoom should be retained. To prevent spot-spamming, the commander can only spot when fully zoomed in.
                    The UAV should be retained.
                    The artillery should be replaced with a carpet bombing run from stealth/heavy bombers. The same concept as BF1943, where the bomber strike can be defeated/repelled by friendly aircraft or AA fire or by detonating the enemy trailer.
                    Supply drops and possibly static crew-serviced weapon drops. Like Recoiless AT and HE launchers, HMG with body shield, grenade machine guns, heavy mortars etc.

My last wish is for the in-game score display. Rank, name, total score and latency are all that should be displayed. I'm of the opinion that players should have the benefit of not taking note of their death count. Players shouldn't actually mind falling to the enemy, because it is then fun for all.

Comment

Originally posted by JayZ
                      My last wish is for the in-game score display. Rank, name, total score and latency are all that should be displayed. I'm of the opinion that players should have the benefit of not taking note of their death count. Players shouldn't actually mind falling to the enemy, because it is then fun for all.
                      But then how ever would I be able to e-gank to mah awsum kay dee arr??!?! I have to have some way of proving my worth as a human being to the anonymous faces on the internet, after all...

Comment

I want fully real time destructive environment like the new red faction.
                        TONS of vehicles and the best weapons to kill them all
                        Also a better hitreg than bf2.

And at least 128 players per server like the game mag for the ps3 with 256 players per server.

Comment

Originally posted by notodd1991
                          And at least 128 players per server like the game mag for the ps3 with 256 players per server.
                          Server hardware wouldn't be able to run 128 players I don't think, let alone 256...

They still have a hard time stuffing Combat Arms servers with that many people and look how old and undemanding that game is.

Comment

I doubt we'll get 128 with destructible environments. 80 seems more likely.

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                            Server hardware wouldn't be able to run 128 players I don't think, let alone 256...

They still have a hard time stuffing Combat Arms servers with that many people and look how old and undemanding that game is.
                            Except that Combat Arms was never designed to have 64 people in a server in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                              Increased ability and presence of mobile AA. Perhaps a stinger kit?

yes like bfV but i would like stationary AA cannons because stingers often fail

Originally posted by Mo0by
                              Right, lets get this show on the road!

What I'd like to see in BF3:
                              • 40 players per side
                              • Desert AND more tropical settings
                              • More Air vehicles, and more people in jets per side so they wont be able to rape the ground so easily

Feel free to add what you'd like to see, say what you think is a realistic expectation etc

....GO
                              Yes give me sand and dunes like 42:salute:

Originally posted by shiftydood
                              modern day setting, e.g afghan and iraq.
                              fully customizable weapons and kits.
                              fully real time destructive terrain.
                              realistic war situations and conflicts.
                              a range of settings, e.g Africa, Middle east, Tropical.
                              realistic weapons and vehicles.
                              some kind of tactical game play with an objective, not just run around aimlessly killing things that move all the time.

ill think of more later.
                              yes nice settings,custom kits with 2 primary weapons per kit(eg.pkm and stinger/RPG) or snipe and machine gun ect..

MOST OV ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE NAVY MAKE A COMEBACK TOO:nod: forget commander assets give us a navy!

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                                I doubt we'll get 128 with destructible environments. 80 seems more likely.
                                Yeah, I think 80 players max. I imagine this game engine will put a lot of strain on servers. Also, a lot of the features will have to be server side so they cannot be hacked

I doubt we'll get 128 with destructible Except that Combat Arms was never designed to have 64 people in a server in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I think it was Combat Arms? What ever the game with hundreds of players was...

Comment

Working...
                                X