• Show
Clear All

Re: Buying a PS3. PC gaming dead.

Originally posted by Death Merchant View Post
    per year
    Yeah sorry typo.

Comment

So, i could play PS3 on a normal TV, but it would use component connection, not high def?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
        The constant upgrading annoys me about PC gaming.

And, the silly thing is, that Gran Turismo 5 looks better than a lot of PC games, yet the graphics card is equal in power to a 7800gtx.

All they have done is tuned the hardware well and worked closely with game producers, and hey presto, you have great looking games!
        Exactly. That is why I bought a PS3 because no matter what, you won't have to buy anything for the game to function well.

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
        So, i could play PS3 on a normal TV, but it would use component connection, not high def?
        PS3 still looks sexy as hell on a regular T.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
          PS3 still looks sexy as hell on a regular T.V.
          Ah, cool. I might look for a component -> HDMI converter.

Comment

Sniper I could have sworn I saw post of yours saying ps3 sucks lol

Comment

ya he had a 360 then sold it and now he has a ps3...

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                Sniper I could have sworn I saw post of yours saying ps3 sucks lol
                Yeah but I traded my 360 in for a PS3 so now I love it. <3

Comment

If you can run your PS2 on it then you can run your PS3 on it but yeh you will be limited to 640x480 res

it will still look almost as good as the RSX chip in the PS3 will use more anti-antilising to compensate for the lower res so you wont get the jaggy edges

Comment

Oh, in that case i can make do until i go high def

Comment

Oh, in that case i can make do until i go high def
                      50" TV with 1440p FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Death Merchant View Post
                        50" TV with 1440p FTW!
                        Heh, i wish.

Comment

Well, after enjoying PC gaming for a few years now, it's just getting tiring. Copycat games, buggy releases, lack social mutliplayer (I.E. Playing with mates) and needed expensive hardware just to play the game it was meant to be played.
                          Don't honestly tell me that you think there are less copycat and buggy games for consoles than for PC. Hope you find fun in playing on whoever's PS3 as a game host instead of a dedicated server.

Well, I can easily say that you're wasting your time and that you will notice yourself say, at least once, that you wished you had stayed with PC gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
                            Don't honestly tell me that you think there are less copycat and buggy games for consoles than for PC. Hope you find fun in playing on whoever's PS3 as a game host instead of a dedicated server.

Well, I can easily say that you're wasting your time and that you will notice yourself say, at least once, that you wished you had stayed with PC gaming.
                            lol you act like he is saying goodbye completely. I've played PC for about 2 years and have owned a PS2, 360, and now a PS3 and there has not been one time where I regretted buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
                              The trend today is that you get sh!tty ports from consoles to PCs, not the other way around. Yes, youll miss on some of the better RTS games, but if you check the trends of the period 2004 to 2008, theres little one would miss if ditching PC gaming, especially when were talking about FPS games.

And lag isnt an issue, besides, lack of 54 player Sh!tment servers is hardly a loss of epic proportions.

In gaming terms, the only real loss is the loss of mods. I know of a HUGE bunch of "converters" who went from PC gaming to consoles, and they are a lot more happy. Id convert too, but I have hope for PC gaming still, besides, Im going to be using both soon anyway.

Comment

Consoles have come a long way in the last two generations they were way behind on the PC in the late 90s but i wont abondon PC gaming until

1. i can hook my keyboard and mouse up to a console and actually use them on games

2. Online is as good as on the PC (number of players, modding, and general third party support)

i mean the cost of hardware is borderline ridiculous just like lots of things like petrol and taxes are ATM

Comment

Working...
                                X