ObjectTemplate.hasOnTimeEffect 1
    ObjectTemplate.damage 3000
    ObjectTemplate.acceleration 300
    ObjectTemplate.maxSpeed 125
    ObjectTemplate.useProjectileCamera 1
    The time is in the timetolive.

Comment

Originally posted by Noble Rotter View Post
      Wasn't the range of the TV nerfed? It explodes after travelling a certain distance, right? I've not tried this range tactic yet so I would like to know how far a TV missle can go before self-detonating.
      450 meters, as opposed to the old 600. Ah, the good old days...

The idea behind ranging is firing a shot off while moving backwards so you're enemy smacks into your TV missile while his never reaches your chopper. I find it extremely easy to bait people into coming in: maybe that's why they complain of hacks and cheating when I constantly hit them but they always fall short.

True Hollywood stories. :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
        450 meters, as opposed to the old 600. Ah, the good old days...

The idea behind ranging is firing a shot off while moving backwards so you're enemy smacks into your TV missile while his never reaches your chopper. I find it extremely easy to bait people into coming in: maybe that's why they complain of hacks and cheating when I constantly hit them but they always fall short.

True Hollywood stories. :nod:
        600 meters!!! ha, wasn't the original pre-patch endless tv range???? that was fun stuff there. Shooting all the way accross Kubra Dam to kill a full blackhawk

Comment

I didnt say is cheating, i just find it annoying when people range whore and say they are pros, it is th same as buny hopping and both are sissie tactics, I dont take bunny hopping that seriously tho coz almost everyone does it but range whoring, do it all you want but dont say you are a pro plu its boring as hell

being good at TVing is just as important as being good at dodging, when you range you dont dodge, a time will come when ull have to try and dodge a TV missile but ull suck at it, instead of perfecting range whoring for 1000 hours, go perfect actual dodging

Comment

I have played with ppl who dont miss, so 'dodging' was out of the question.

Keep your nose on target and give your gunner all the opportunity to destroy the target. Thats the best way to dodge. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by predragjanjic View Post
              I didnt say is cheating, i just find it annoying when people range whore and say they are pros, it is th same as buny hopping and both are sissie tactics, I dont take bunny hopping that seriously tho coz almost everyone does it but range whoring, do it all you want but dont say you are a pro plu its boring as hell

being good at TVing is just as important as being good at dodging, when you range you dont dodge, a time will come when ull have to try and dodge a TV missile but ull suck at it, instead of perfecting range whoring for 1000 hours, go perfect actual dodging
              Technically, moving away in order to avoid getting hit is dodging.

You can stay in range and dodge if you think it'll work, but some people use macros that nearly always guarantee a hit: since you can't avoid them, the only logical solution is ranging.

Dodging is one of those tools you use when getting out of range is not an option at that particular time.

Comment

Originally posted by predragjanjic View Post

And its fun as hell blowing guys like you out of the sky with a tank when I see you doing circles in the air

Comment

Originally posted by {USI}_DirTyDeeDs
                  I have played with ppl who dont miss, so 'dodging' was out of the question.

Keep your nose on target and give your gunner all the opportunity to destroy the target. Thats the best way to dodge. :salute:
                  Correct, if you can't miss then regular dodging wont do. Adapting to your foes is a key strategy, in one way or another.

Comment

That's also true.

In which case, why not err on the side of caution by giving any opponent the benefit of the doubt? It seems to me that unless you enjoy random respawns and taking useless chances, ranging is the way to go by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                      That's also true.

In which case, why not err on the side of caution by giving any opponent the benefit of the doubt? It seems to me that unless you enjoy random respawns and taking useless chances, ranging is the way to go by default.
                      That's why everybody ranges against me, I don't miss

And whoever that tool is that said he would "1on1" anybody, my Xfire is CynicDestroyer, and I'll 1v1 you any day and make you want to uninstall. :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by p-n*Cynic~Gunner View Post

And whoever that tool is that said he would "1on1" anybody, my Xfire is CynicDestroyer, and I'll 1v1 you any day and make you want to uninstall. :nod:
                        I know ur a good gunner but I don't range you or anyone else

Originally posted by dwuf76 View Post
                        And its fun as hell blowing guys like you out of the sky with a tank when I see you doing circles in the air
                        I don't remember last time I got blown by a tank, unless it was while I was taking of the pad

Comment

Range whore.. Now I know for sure that one can put the word 'whore' after every single word that has to do with bf2.

Comment

OH NOES. I might as well uninstall already.

Comment

I'm surpised you could log in here with that huge head! Ok, we get it, your good. Saying it over and over again makes you sound like you are 12, looking for attention. :shakehead

Comment

If you really want to know which style of attack is best try being on the ground and avoiding the attack. The ninja style is the hardest to avoid, Ive been killed most by those guys who pop up and back down. I specialize in killing attack choppers with armor, when possible of course, and the key is to stay alive. You will get the shot if you can stay alive long enough. The ninja style guys are hardest to kill because they are also useing cover and you wont know that they are there untill you die. Not much fun. As far as chopper on chopper combat it is almost always the chopper that is shooting down at the enemy chopper that wins. The attack chopper at the lower altitude has very little chance of getting the kill. With the skill level of most players in this game being number one at anything doesnt mean much. Thats my two cents worth anyway. . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Working...
                                X