Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have Logitech Z-10 (USB) speakers, do I select hardware or software audio renderer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have Logitech Z-10 (USB) speakers, do I select hardware or software audio renderer?

I'm not sure if it's affecting my performance, and both modes work. But for USB speakers, which should I select?

Re: I have Logitech Z-10 (USB) speakers, do I select hardware or software audio rende

It has nothing to do with your speakers.

What sound card do you have?

If Hardware render works, use it.

Comment

Re: I have Logitech Z-10 (USB) speakers, do I select hardware or software audio rende

Originally posted by davelisowski View Post

What sound card do you have?
      He is using USB speakers,

so it makes no difference whatsoever what sound card he has.

Matt with that setup I would definitely have it on software, and probably no higher than medium.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
        He is using USB speakers,

so it makes no difference whatsoever what sound card he has.

Matt with that setup I would definitely have it on software, and probably no higher than medium.
        It's does matter what kind of soundcard he has.

I would leave it on software.

Comment

No it doesn't. Any audio device that is connected via USB BYPASSES the sound card completely.

You must be one of those that bought a sound card and then can't figure out why is still sounds the same when you plug your USB headphones in.

Comment

Software. Unless your sound card has usb outputs, it is not being used.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've got it set to software/medium.

And to those wondering, I don't even have a sound card. So it has absolutely everything to do with the speakers

Comment

Working...
              X