Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does rank reflect any skill posessed by the player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does rank reflect any skill posessed by the player?

Originally posted by Sars99 View Post
    it does to some extent

i have yet to see a 2ndLt or higher shoot a tank with a GPMG

though some 2 stripers and sergeants do well in vehicles

and yes some higher ranks suck

but high ranks are cool hehe
    It's what makes the game so diverse. People who have alot of time on their hands get the points and not necessarily the attributes that accompany them.

Comment

just to back my point up

yesterday there was myself and two other colonels in a server.

flying the chopper with one he was hitting everything and generally we pwnzored, but then the other colonel got in and was piloting me just to fly straight at a tank get hit by it, and then crash within about 1 minute of flying

i think he is the second to worst pilot i've ever seen and the worst kigh ranked pilot i've ever seen

Comment

i've also been flying with a lieutenant once who was soo damn bad at it

Comment

and having anyone under the rank of 1st sgt in ur heli is just disaster.

Comment

Not really because some expert player may get bored and start a new account, then people start yelling aimhax at him . That or he really does have it.

As for the distinguish by rank, it just depends on my day. If i'm good i would support the lowey and give him some pointers. If i'm in a bad mood, I would end up yelling noob.

Comment

yeah rank is only an indication of how well you can stat pad and how much free time you kiddies have... there are a lot of guys with lower ranks (b/c they don't play much) with more skill than a general....

conversely the longer you play you *should* get better over time

Comment

well it is possible to reach LT as infantry and never get the chance to fly.

Comment

Some skilled players have new account and low rank

Comment

ive been owned by privates and corporals and i have also owned generals...

i think rank doesn't reflect all that accurately... then again you always see those generals that have mastered absolutely everything and even if they're killing you... its fun to watch them work!

Comment

Well ive saw privates and Corporals own it up so i dnt think that the rank matters all that much. And also i think that they have another acc that they get good on.

Comment

Sometimes it just depends. Like when a general has a LOT of hours played it doesn't mean he has a better score per a round than you it just means they play a lot

Comment

OMG yesssssssssss when I'm looking for a good pilot in my chopper, it's always the highest ranked that do best.

Comment

I've been playing this game since it came out and currently my rank is Private(or it was, haven't checked in months)....

Does that rank automatically make me an inexperienced player?

Comment

Rank can mean they are at least experienced, I have 3 accounts though and one I just started during the stats outage has only Corporal, yet my primary account is almost a General. The odds are a Colonel or General will be a better player, but not necessarily, they could have padded to get there and have no clue how to play.

Comment

High rank does not necessarily mean more skill or the such. But as a Lt. Col I can say that the experience factor helps a ton. I just trust high rankers to be good more than low rankers, because they will know the ropes.

Cheers

Originally posted by zuiquan1 View Post
                                I've been playing this game since it came out and currently my rank is Private(or it was, haven't checked in months)....

Does that rank automatically make me an inexperienced player?
                                Yes, you have less than 150 points after playing the game since release?

Comment

Working...
                                X