chopper dodging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chopper dodging

ok so I played some dalian with 150 ping, not my thing since im not used to that ping but I did alright, anyways I decided to stick to flying, I joined the server coz phil from tbf2 was there, his friend james was there to, james is currently #1 on the chopper leader boards with over 100k kills

but sadly hes a major range whore, I was doing my thing, flying low and sneaking up, had a first shot on them almost every time but my gunners kept missin

later on we got into an argument and he said how theres nothing wrong with range whoring, well there is if u keep doing it every single time and if u keep saying its what pros do, he also said he spent over 1000 hours perfecting it, whats there to perfect?

I told him that being sneaky takes way more skill and its alot riskier since ur low to the ground which gives enemy gound vehickles a good chance to kill u but he kept saying its the same thing as ranging, I mean cmon, do people here get compliments for ranging when they fly? I get compliments for my flying all the time, not braggin but just trying to show the difference

not to mention that I had no problem doging this guy at all, I even took him down a few times with my 150-160 ping

being sneaky=being a ninja, are ninjas cowards lol? na dont think so, being a range whore=runing away from the situation to save ur *** instead of facing it like a man

personally I try not to range whore and I hate it, I think its cheap

who here agrees with me and who thinks that being a sneaky pilot who flies low and surprises his targets takes more skill

when I say sneaky I don't mean waiting by your enemies main base till he takes of then killing him

this guy was ok but I was able to deal with him with a ping of 150 and after two months of not playing lol

alright, well its a style of flying that he likes. why don't you just... go around and d oyour little sneaky deal and get him that way

Comment

It's not cheap to use the best strategies to win. Also even if you do think being "sneaky" takes more skill (which it clearly does not) it doesn't change the fact that it is clearly inferior and less efficient than what this other person was doing. Not only did he best you but with range flying you decrease your flying time by increasing your range and killing time. It's a much more efficient method, both for staying alive and maximizing damage to the other team. If you took a second to realize that maybe you wouldn't make stupid threads such as this whenever you get beaten.

Comment

Jamesdowne is terrible. I've 1v1ed him in pubs before and destroyed him, and he doesn't scrim because he sucks. Not hard to get to #1 when you baserape all the time.

He can't dodge, which is why he ranges. He can't hit a dodge, which is why he ranges, because he always hits the chopper as it's backing up, never rolling or sliding. The dude straight up sucks.

Dodging is more fun than ranging and takes more skill. I could range perfectly every time if I wanted to too, but I'm good enough to dodge and I think it's fun.

And once again, that guy is awful. He thinks he's good till I show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elder View Post
          It's not cheap to use the best strategies to win. Also even if you do think being "sneaky" takes more skill (which it clearly does not) it doesn't change the fact that it is clearly inferior and less efficient than what this other person was doing. Not only did he best you but with range flying you decrease your flying time by increasing your range and killing time. It's a much more efficient method, both for staying alive and maximizing damage to the other team. If you took a second to realize that maybe you wouldn't make stupid threads such as this whenever you get beaten.
          lmao

first of all he didnt beat me, I wasnt trying to start an argument about that, I can take him any day even with 150 ping and even with him ranging, the point im trying to make is that to win, you dont have to play like a sissie, i mean u can but dont brag and say ur a pro when ur just a *****

predragt4 is my xfire, add me if u wanna 1v1 or something

and if u think that pulling ur mouse back takes more skill then flying through trees and buildings

then u have no idea what ur talking about

Comment

My my the things people whine about.

Comment

In my opinion, ranging is the smartest thing a helicopter pilot/soloer can do: if executed properly, it effectively nullifies the opposition's chance of scoring a hit. It may not be the prettiest maneuver, but it's the most efficient in terms of survival.

I'm not mentioning helicopter ground work because that's an entirely different scenario. If you're not hindered/being challenged by a competent enemy chopper, feel free to be a sky ninja and using the ground and objects as cover. You have to adapt.

Switch up your tactics once in a while: range for a few kills, be a ninja for the next little bit... keep him guessing. Soon enough, he'll really stay back and b*tch. But anyway...

Yes, it takes more skill to navigate around ground objects while simultaneously fighting/hiding from another heli, but that's just obvious. It comes down to whether or not it's the intelligent solution to the problem: you're expending a lot more energy than he is... interpret that any way you want.

Comment

chopper ninja forever

Comment

I miss Tiki. We should skyninja it up once in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                    I miss Tiki. We should skyninja it up once in a while...
                    yea I think he unistalled

Comment

Ranging = canon fodder for the jet

Dodging, barrel rolls, and hard evasive maneuvers = Helo pilot screaming nub pilot rammed me since the helo usually pulls right into the break away path for the strafing run...lol

Get back to covering your groundpounders with the chaingun and let the jets worry about the enemy helo...

Comment

No. Just, no...

Comment

Ranging, combined with slowly sliding (which is WAY MORE EFFECTIVE THAN A ROLL but still hittable) is a good tactic. Just like I can't understand people who whine about bunnyhoppers I can't understand when people yell at me for 'range noob'-ing. I mean, it's not an exploit, it's not a cheat, and it's for once actually a TACTIC, it's not just a random happening. And james, btw, sucks. Truly.

My xfire is doggie52, feel free to add me for 1on1, but please state that in the little textbox when you add me.

Comment

Wasn't the range of the TV nerfed? It explodes after travelling a certain distance, right? I've not tried this range tactic yet so I would like to know how far a TV missle can go before self-detonating.

Comment

450 meters i think... Not sure tho. Try it out on a local server

Comment

Working...
                              X