X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tips Thread!

Originally posted by sgt.collins View Post
    i got a new one.

KNOW your maps, seriously. know every doorway, hiding spot...
    and use smokes effectively!!! if you throw one one way, yeah people are gonna look to see what is going on. that might be your chance to slink away and flank some more.. or if someone else on the other team uses one nearby, run in, and since you know your maps, slink away in the smoke to a hiding spot closer to where you are trying to go. it will catch them off guard!
    to add, its good to know all the entrances to places and how to get to certain places. for example theres multiple ways to get into the center building on backlot and its good to know all of them if you are defending that build for HQ

Originally posted by seoulspirit
    ^@ that
    never use smokes to coneal your identity, only use to blind the enemy
    also use smokes for distractions. on bog i like to through a smoke grenade right in the begining way to the right towards B (this is for attacking side) and run the other way because people will freak out and think someone is planting on B. this works great on all of the maps except killhouse because that map sucks on S&D

Comment

Originally posted by Shiby View Post
      Try to use your grenades early in the round, you dont want to die with a nade you could have scored an easy kill with.
      I disagree. Unless you use the 3x nade perk (which is pretty dumb anyway), it's better to save that nade to a time when it can save your life instead of just spamming it away when the round starts. Remember to cook it and you're ready to go

It's mainly personal preference

Comment

Originally posted by Iquere « View Post
        I disagree. Unless you use the 3x nade perk (which is pretty dumb anyway), it's better to save that nade to a time when it can save your life instead of just spamming it away when the round starts. Remember to cook it and you're ready to go

i agree, a lot of people will throw their nades at the beginning of a round (S&D) however, i like to keep mine so that people won't expect it as much. Its also great for flushing out rooms, rather than launching it over a building praying it someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Iquere « View Post

I agree, especially in search and destroy.. it's nice to have a nade to clear out an enemy dug in somewhere than to attempt to peak him.. I'm pretty spot on when i throw my nades over buildings late in the round etc, just practice the nades and its trajectories and you should be good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
            The M14 is best used with the red dot sight due to its terrible iron sight.

When using the M14 at range dont tap the trigger, use a steady timed single tap to avoid too much recoil on the bullet, basically, be patient.
            The M14 is best used with an ACOG, if you look at the game code for some reason when an ACOG is added its sway and recoil is reduced significantly, it therefore turns it more into a M21 (which in real life is derived from the M14 to begin with) with twice the ammo capacity

Comment

Originally posted by wornout _wolf
              The M14 is best used with an ACOG, if you look at the game code for some reason when an ACOG is added its sway and recoil is reduced significantly, it therefore turns it more into a M21 (which in real life is derived from the M14 to begin with) with twice the ammo capacity
              Someone who is a sniper in TWL like me that uses Acog's snipers, know that the sway mod doesn't work on them so far. So I use the M14 with the Acog as a sniper. BUT, under normal circumstances use it with the red dot, it's has no sway then, but if you wanna talk about sway and whatnot, use the G3, almost no recoil and as accurate as the M14, but only really good in Hardcore

Comment

Originally posted by CoDe 199 View Post
                i agree, a lot of people will throw their nades at the beginning of a round (S&D) however, i like to keep mine so that people won't expect it as much. Its also great for flushing out rooms, rather than launching it over a building praying it someone.
                I UAV nade and I'm pretty successful most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by magdelen11235 View Post
                  I UAV nade and I'm pretty successful most of the time.
                  yeah the best way to use your nades is the UAV in my opinion.
                  some maps though, tac nades at the beginning of an S&D round are very successful if you can pull them off..

Comment

in TDM push forward till the enemy only has a small place to move around on, then send in airstrike on their tiny territorium.

In TDM, if you dont push forward and only camp then the enmy will push you back.

In HQ get away from HQ as soon as you can after it has been captured. Nades will come flying in on you.

If an enemy is running and is not a thread make a fast decission to shoot or not. Dont shoot if the enemy can reach cover.

"shoot move shoot" is better than "shoot shoot shoot".

if you have 30 rounds and have used 5-10 rounds, reload if you can.

Dont be too close to your teammates. Be like 2-3 meter behind. And dont be too far away either.

dont use 1 time stun and 1 time grenade just to kill a single guy. Everytime i die from this i think LOL what a noobwaste by the enemy

If you have the bomb try to get your teammates to clear the way.

Martyrdom and grenadelauncher is waste of perks.

Hardcore is not hard. Play normal mode to get skills

Comment

Play in small games a lot? There is no substitute for Dead Silence!

Comment

DON'T CAMP THE DROPPED BOMB IN SABOTAGE! :rawr

..Pick it up, AND GET GOING!

Comment

find a nooby enemy.
                          throw a flash
                          wait 2 secs
                          throw a flash
                          wait 2 secs
                          throw a flash
                          throw a nade
                          run

Comment

With the M-16, attempt mid-range combat only. Its easy to miss up close and you waste ammo at long range. And give away your position.

Comment

Working...
                            X